Blade MCP X - owner's thread - Page 106 - RC Groups
Mar 30, 2011, 11:31 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
I'm going to cannibalize my Hobbyking UM 6 plug adapter and solder 6 mCP header plugs on it instead....what the heck...it was a buck fitty. Then I'll use my trusty Accucell6 or Eco6 to push the juice.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10621

Using the Hyperion adapter for mSr batts. Although I plan on getting enuff connector stock to do it either way.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2011, 01:23 AM
To the person who made the springy servo link for the rudder to prevent breakage of the ball... How is it working? I have my new swash but I don't want to install it if it's just going to break again and I already have one pin head swash that works fine!
Mar 31, 2011, 01:50 AM
M____ FL__RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdshort
To the person who made the springy servo link for the rudder to prevent breakage of the ball... How is it working? I have my new swash but I don't want to install it if it's just going to break again and I already have one pin head swash that works fine!
what rudder link? it's dd. do you mean elevator ball link?
Mar 31, 2011, 04:22 AM
Pro beginner
0deg pitch at 50% throttle stick, always, for a CP.

You can set up what you want after or before, but its a good habit to have the throttle stick past middle for hover - it'll teach you how to hold the radio especially for thumb flyers to get full range of motion without accidentally mixing rudder inputs.

Muscle memory at midstick is a good thing to have, since there's no spring for the centre unlike the other controls.
Mar 31, 2011, 07:27 AM
Hi!

Just found an easy way for pitch measuring. Not my idea, though, was a picture in a german forum, . Iīm still convinced, that you donīt need exact measurement for pitch on this little bugger, but for people who want it, this "pitch-gauge" seems to do the job.

Greez

doc-g
Mar 31, 2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Quite a few pilots are using them.No breakages so far.Having it flex a bit,like the aileron servos,seems to be the solution.
Mar 31, 2011, 11:51 AM
Pro beginner
Microheli blade grips - MH-MCPX002 - anyone tried them yet?
Mar 31, 2011, 11:58 AM
M____ FL__RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchelijc
Microheli blade grips - MH-MCPX002 - anyone tried them yet?
they look better now we c weight......0.02 LIGHTER than stock.......
but will they retain grips on bearing failure......

ps 3 bearings per grip, non shielded type... interesting...
Last edited by ransideous; Mar 31, 2011 at 12:11 PM.
Mar 31, 2011, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinbeachman
Quite a few pilots are using them.No breakages so far.Having it flex a bit,like the aileron servos,seems to be the solution.
Anyone remember off hand what post number they were discussed in? I think I'd like to make one.
Mar 31, 2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Anyone remember off hand what post number they were discussed in? I think I'd like to make one.
Take an extra aileron pushrod,re-bend it so the bend is on the very bottom,match the length to your existing elevator pushrod,and enjoy.
Mar 31, 2011, 03:25 PM
Perfect, thanks!
Mar 31, 2011, 05:16 PM
Suspended Account
Man, talk about fast service from HH! I just called them on Monday about a bum swashplate and battery with my brand new mCP X. Both parts were backordered and were still backordered when I checked the HH site yesterday. They just showed up via UPS.
Mar 31, 2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking
Man, talk about fast service from HH! I just called them on Monday about a bum swashplate and battery with my brand new mCP X. Both parts were backordered and were still backordered when I checked the HH site yesterday. They just showed up via UPS.
I think their support is more than compensation for their alledged multitiude of sins.They are like the AAA of helis.
Mar 31, 2011, 05:32 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinbeachman
I think their support is more than compensation for their alledged multitiude of sins.They are like the AAA of helis.
No kidding. I had a bad 4-in-1 unit on my CX2, but I went ahead and bought a CX3 unit for the heading hold gyro, which I was intending to do anyway, but not so quickly. Talking less than 10 flights... I'd just gotten my mSR and there were reports of bum 5-in-1 boards with that bird. I was still pissed about the CX2 unit, so I called HH and explained my situation asking if they could credit me the $40 for a replacement unit towards a $60 mSR board since I didn't need a CX2 one. They just sent me the mSR board for free. Awesome.
Mar 31, 2011, 06:02 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
Can't beat HH for support, I order the new blade grips with the B on them, interesting to see how long it takes for them to get here, although these are flying fine.

I have fallen in love with this little guy, I can't believe I am reading that folks have broken theirs, I have crashed....lots of times and never so much as a snapped link or main gear popping down. I was flying yesterday and got too far away after some sloppy flips and I couldn't tell if I was heading for the trees/creek so I just hit the throttle hold and it fluttered out of the sky....guess you really can't auto this thing but it landed so soft I just picked it up, held it in my hand and launched again. Try that with a 500 sized heli and it would cost at least $50 in repairs.

This heli is a winner