Team USA F3B RAFFLE - DRAW WAS COMPLETED ON THE RCRN show and winners are here. - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 24, 2011, 12:27 AM
Challenge is rewarding
Back to the raffle, lets be sure to Thank Bob at Soaring USA.

One of the sweetest prizes in the raffle is a Tracer F3B plane from Nan Models, manufacture of the famed Explorer line of sailplanes.

SUSA was also kind enough to donate 2 $50 gift certificates as well as 13 25% off coupons when applied to certain competition airframes (details)

Next up on Thursday we will highlight Skip Miller Models and their generous donations to Team USAs fundraising raffle.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2011, 01:30 AM
Challenge is rewarding
Sorry Gentleman, A crazy schedule kept me from updating our thread with the next line of fantastic prizes.

Tonight is Skip Miller Models

Cody and Skip have been great supporters. They are throwing in two Jim Bags

as well as two, two hundred dollar gift certificates.

Next up I KHS Bicycles.
Aug 29, 2011, 11:21 AM
We had a nice distance practice on Saturday and we wanted to thank everyone who came out to help. Once again the amount of support we have had this year is incredible! We had around 20 people helping us pushing buttons and flying against us! What makes this even more impressive is the temperature peaked out at 113 F. For those that don't know, that is really hot for flying distance!!!

I know I'm going to forget someone but I'll try taking a crack the list of great people that came out to help:

Robert and Kerry Cavasos
Don Scegiel
Steve and Matt Garland
Mike Lee
Target
Tim Traver
Dave Cortina
Mary Paulson
Kyler Paulson
Koby Paulson
Brandon
Mark Canfield
Mike Murphy
Gregore
Bob M
Paul Sherman
Dan Fitzgerald

Pilots
Mike Smith
Scott Condon
Darrel Zaballos

Thanks everyone!!!

Tom
Last edited by Kiesling; Aug 29, 2011 at 11:40 PM.
Aug 29, 2011, 09:03 PM
Wow! The support we have is the best I have ever seen. The US SoCal Soaring community rocks!!!!!

Kyle
Aug 29, 2011, 10:35 PM
Ahem...
Aug 29, 2011, 10:54 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Hey, don't forget Dan Fitzgerald... he was there! Quiet, patient melting guy down pushing buttons at base B. Thanks Dan.

Thanks everyone. I have to say it again, your dedication to this team is nothing short of Splendid.

Cheers all.

Mike
Aug 29, 2011, 11:42 PM
Fixed. Funny thing, my mental list of people had Dan on it, just didn't get typed out to the written list . . . thanks Dan!

Tom
Aug 30, 2011, 08:38 AM
Challenge is rewarding
Thanks to all that came out this weekend. Enough can't be said about those that braved ~110F or 50C temperatures to volunteer their time for us. As a side note, we were just as crazy the next day, going out for another practice in the 110F weather.

Here are a couple of pictures from Saturday,
David
teamusaf3b.com for raffle tickets and apparel

Also we will be on the RC Radio Network tonight at 8:30 Eastern, 5:30 Pacific
Aug 30, 2011, 09:00 AM
Cool pix!
Aug 30, 2011, 11:00 AM
Great pics guys! Sorry I couldn't make it. I've got a few bucks set aside from my next paycheck for you to buy some chinese food
Aug 30, 2011, 11:59 AM
Is this the new Perris field? It looks s w e e t !!!
Aug 30, 2011, 12:10 PM
Challenge is rewarding
Yep, it is sweet and it is huge. It is not an official soaring field however, we ate currently training there under an agreement from the local power club. It is a real asset for f3b in Socal.
Aug 30, 2011, 12:23 PM
Detail Freak
I was happy that I was able to help out.
It was very hot for the chute guys: Don S, Paul Sherman, and me. I was relieved when you called it.
Nice to meet Don S and Gregore, and good to see some folks I rarely get to see, like Darrell Z.

Best wishes and good luck in China. You guys just do what you do, and you will be fine, I'm certain.
I'm proud of all of you already, and will be regardless of outcome there. All of you have gone above and beyond towards being prepared.

VR, (Which stands for Very Respectfully)
Target
Aug 30, 2011, 01:41 PM
Ricky Windsock

Team supporters web page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Paulson
Wow! The support we have is the best I have ever seen. The US SoCal Soaring community rocks!!!!!
Kyle
The support you guys are giving is just phenomenal.
We have memorialized this great support community now by giving them their own page on the Team Web Site.
Gordon
Aug 30, 2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
I was happy that I was able to help out.
It was very hot for the chute guys: Don S, Paul Sherman, and me. I was relieved when you called it.
Nice to meet Don S and Gregore, and good to see some folks I rarely get to see, like Darrell Z.

Best wishes and good luck in China. You guys just do what you do, and you will be fine, I'm certain.
I'm proud of all of you already, and will be regardless of outcome there. All of you have gone above and beyond towards being prepared.

VR, (Which stands for Very Respectfully)
Target
From one of the turn-around guys I have to echo "Targets" sentiments..
Glad we stopped when we did!!
I have spent a lot of time in high heat in AZ 110-115 Humidly of 5-6%
But I must say that with the temp of 110 and humidly at 22% it was brutal…
Glad I took Roberts advice and got a personal “Mister” and “cool” neck scarf at Big 5 Sporting Goods They really worked well . !!

Its not a very glamorous job being a the turn-a-rounds all day ,but we all step up and help in any way we can when called upon..
It was great to meet Paul and “Target”
Koby was a big help as well ! ( what a well mannered young man )
Having Darrel Z. make the trip down to fly was Huge..
(What dedication..)
We all wish the best for the team!
Go Team USA!

Best Regards
"Dyno Don"