Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:02 PM
gossie is offline
Find More Posts by gossie
Registered User
Anybody have a GOOD Series 70 K&B 40 NON RC, FF/CL carb. they may wish to go to a good cause in freeflight C ship?

Or something similar perhaps? Dollars are waiting to be sent.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:03 AM
Reginald is online now
Find More Posts by Reginald
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish View Post
Hi Corio,
IMHO, I think you've slightly misunderstood. The seller says that "the person who made the engine wrote the name Suzor" (on a stick-on paper label). Gems wouldn't have written his own name on a paper label glued to the engine, at least I don't think so. It's more likely a competent home-build of perhaps a Suzor design.
This is an original Suzor " Ethéromane " diesel
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:47 AM
downunder is offline
Find More Posts by downunder
Registered User
downunder's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossie View Post
Anybody have a GOOD Series 70 K&B 40 NON RC, FF/CL carb. they may wish to go to a good cause in freeflight C ship?
Gossie, the nearest I've got is a brand new pylon carb (shut-off barrel) from a series 70 with an 8.56mm bore.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:54 AM
brokenenglish is online now
Find More Posts by brokenenglish
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
brokenenglish's Avatar
Another interesting looking steam engine for lovers of such things!

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:FR:1123
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:14 PM
Reginald is online now
Find More Posts by Reginald
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish View Post
Another interesting looking steam engine for lovers of such things!

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:FR:1123
Not sure if that is a steam engine ? Could it be a condensor for a steam
engine ?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:18 PM
CashRC is offline
Find More Posts by CashRC
If the winds blowin, I'm goin!
CashRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaledown View Post
This is my Taifun Sprint I mentioned at post 5561. It cleaned up nicely.
Just to test it I made a gasket from normal gasket paper and it sealed OK.
I wasn't sure it would start at all because the compression is pretty hopeless, but it started easily. What I did find was that it would hold peak RPM for about 2 seconds before slowly sagging by about 1500 rpm. Does that sound like a consequence of the low compression?

After one tank the gasket is looking good, but I can't see this thing taking to the air anyway.
I have one of those, haven't ran it yet..need to get a new tach so I can get some numbers on it, I'll post pics soon.
Cash
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:15 PM
gossie is offline
Find More Posts by gossie
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder View Post
Gossie, the nearest I've got is a brand new pylon carb (shut-off barrel) from a series 70 with an 8.56mm bore.
Ah well, I'll just keep looking. No rush. Plenty of time.....I hope.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:50 PM
stg61abc is offline
Find More Posts by stg61abc
Registered User
Hi fellows. Any review on the SuperTigre 60 X side exhaust round head?
Thanks in advance
Carlo
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:12 PM
G WILLIE is offline
Find More Posts by G WILLIE
Bill Mohrbacher, MECA Fox Guy
G WILLIE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
Remember my request for a Cox TD 09 plastic front housing ? Still have'nt found it !!! It is to replace the one on this engine that has a crack at the carb.
I guess not many of you have seen this R.U.M. engine. Made by Akira Fujimoro, it is a composite G-Mark cylinder and front end Cox TD with home machined case&rear cover. The letters RUM and 06 are cut from tiny slices of aluminium. Now do'nt ask me what RUM stands for because I do'nt know. Now, there must be SOMEONE in this world that does have a new 09 Cox front part ??????
Reggie - I have a new black plastic front, sent you a PM. This could the only one in the USA!
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:49 AM
Reginald is online now
Find More Posts by Reginald
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by G WILLIE View Post
Reggie - I have a new black plastic front, sent you a PM. This could the only one in the USA!
Trouble is I always forget looking at private mail. OK with me. Shall I use Paypal ? Need your adress then.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:28 AM
Reginald is online now
Find More Posts by Reginald
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar

OS Twin


This is one of two engines built in the 70'ies by Jack Mohan, a machinist whom worked for Republic Aviation. Based on two OS-Max H-60's. In fact, the parcel containing the engine was "lost" somewhere some time ago. Only today it was delivered by someone honest, the package had been delivered at a wrong adress. This has happened once before.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:35 AM
olmod is offline
Find More Posts by olmod
Good Better Best quest.
olmod's Avatar
Not that you would want to pull it apart , but I am curious how he did the big ends on the con rods ,side by side or the I in a U style. looks a nice bit of inovation.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:59 AM
brokenenglish is online now
Find More Posts by brokenenglish
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
brokenenglish's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
Not that you would want to pull it apart , but I am curious how he did the big ends on the con rods ,side by side or the I in a U style. looks a nice bit of inovation.
Reggie, I'm curious too. I think both con-rods have to be on the same crank pin. Is that correct?
If you do decide to have a look, please take a photo for us.
What a nice engine.
I'm never keen on "modern" engines, but that engine isn't too modern. The Max H must be around late sixties vintage, maybe seventies...
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:33 AM
Reginald is online now
Find More Posts by Reginald
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish View Post
Reggie, I'm curious too. I think both con-rods have to be on the same crank pin. Is that correct?
If you do decide to have a look, please take a photo for us.
What a nice engine.
I'm never keen on "modern" engines, but that engine isn't too modern. The Max H must be around late sixties vintage, maybe seventies...
The cylinders are NOT staggered. I will take it apart anyway, always do, to U-son it and I'll take pictures all right.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:36 AM
Reginald is online now
Find More Posts by Reginald
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
The cylinders are NOT staggered. I will take it apart anyway, always do, to U-son it and I'll take pictures all right.
The OS H-60 RC dates from 1967


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Vintage Engines being run video earlwb Engines 37 Apr 01, 2013 03:48 PM
For Sale Multiple glow engines Greyout Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 12 Oct 03, 2012 02:13 PM
For Sale Vintage glow engines for sale very cheap TheEdge Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 19 Jan 18, 2011 07:37 PM
Question rc glow engines startup1 Beginner Training Area (Fuel) 6 Nov 04, 2010 08:53 PM
For Sale four glow engines thriller Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 5 Sep 25, 2010 11:42 AM