May 30, 2019, 06:31 PM
Today's "Mystery Engine" (I don't know either)
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2019, 06:41 PM
ffkiwi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Stack
Today's "Mystery Engine" (I don't know either)
Definitely NOT a Foxie-so I don't know why its been shown with Foxie and Graupner literature....perhaps a Dremo prototype....he produced several different versions of his 0.8cc glow-beam and radial mount...so perhaps was experimenting with a Cox style reed valve....?

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'
Last edited by ffkiwi; May 30, 2019 at 06:48 PM.
May 30, 2019, 06:54 PM
Looks kind of late 50's early 60's, maybe a precursor to the Taifun "Foxie"?
May 30, 2019, 07:37 PM
A Foxie can be seen at the top of page 717
May 30, 2019, 09:08 PM
My friend turned up yesterday with another heap of used and abused engines and parts for me to clean up and run then be put in my blue , never to be used again , plastic container of Geoffrey's Follies ! Among them was 4 Fox 29/35 , one I think is a sand cast , if so I will tig back together , if you guys tell me it is . I don't get too interested in Fox engines as they are , like all,, mechanical marvels to me , but gee they are clunkers , very agricultural , very early Ford tractor type , but maybe some one can use them . I've stripped and cleaned six last nite and ran them this morning , the green head Torpedo was a major job as it had no crank and no bush but runs ok now , I keep swapping the spray bar from one to another as they mostly come with none and I'm not worried about being genuine . He just rang and said he will be here next week with more . I have seven models to build and this doesn't help that along I'm afraid
May 30, 2019, 09:40 PM
Quote:
I have seven models to build and this doesn't help that along I'm afraid
You are a victim of your own success!
May 30, 2019, 10:12 PM
Geoff, if you're asking about the busted engine in the blue tray, it looks to be a 1951 FOX 35 Stunt with the Permold case. The head should have fins though
May 30, 2019, 11:16 PM
Not too certain about success Coriolan , maybe stupidity , but I do enjoy all of it I suppose . Yes TS , it was the question as to wether it's worth joining back together and making all the jigs and fixtures if they are a dime a dozen , just to sit on a shelf and say, that's what one of those looked like .
May 31, 2019, 01:32 AM
Here you go... enlarge the picture by clicking
May 31, 2019, 01:36 AM
Wow - thanks Reggy ! Not a lot of info though
May 31, 2019, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Stack
Wow - thanks Reggy ! Not a lot of info though
Info from one of Holger Menrad's books... Holger is alas no more
May 31, 2019, 02:49 PM
What do we have here?

It surely has the looks of a Ross flat 6 , but this crankcase is cast, and no markings..

Brand new engine
May 31, 2019, 04:22 PM
I'd be tempted to see if you could rotate all of the cylinders 180 degrees, so the exhaust ports aren't directly next to the needle valves! Fingers might get a bit oily and dirty as it is..

Looks nice!
May 31, 2019, 10:04 PM
My 1st R/C had 2 valves !
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwater2
I'd be tempted to see if you could rotate all of the cylinders 180 degrees, so the exhaust ports aren't directly next to the needle valves! Fingers might get a bit oily and dirty as it is..

Looks nice!
A manifold system would fix that...
OS type 2 carbies fitted...
Jun 02, 2019, 11:31 PM
NIB example of the first ROSSPOWER 61 from 1973 - all engines prior to this were multi cylinder. Note the counter sunk backplate bolts

Quick Reply