May 11, 2019, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkamysz
Not surprising. Probably postage if they aren't being imported. There are many others to choose from.

One day a box showed up from Germany and I thought some machine tooling had come in, but the box weighed nothing. Turned out my wife bought some chocolate on Amazon and it was shipped direct from Germany. I can't see how anyone made money on that.
Chocolates via mail order? Iíll have to talk to her the next time she rolls her eyes at yet another engine delivered by BBT.

Chocolates, what a waste!
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2019, 11:16 PM
Diesel Danny
I once fronted up to customs at Mascot Airport with some hand made Belgian chocolates which were a present for SWMBO from Paris. As they were full of cream the 'use by date' was 14 days.

I had declared them on my landing form but the customs person asked to see them anyway so I told her the story and said that if they were a prohibited import we could both enjoy eating them on the spot.

They were permitted entry to Australia and had the desired effect on SWMBO (I had been OS for 6 months)

* Danny M *
May 12, 2019, 10:23 AM
DJS Johnny
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny mz
I once fronted up to customs at Mascot Airport with some hand made Belgian chocolates which were a present for SWMBO from Paris. As they were full of cream the 'use by date' was 14 days.

I had declared them on my landing form but the customs person asked to see them anyway so I told her the story and said that if they were a prohibited import we could both enjoy eating them on the spot.

They were permitted entry to Australia and had the desired effect on SWMBO (I had been OS for 6 months)

* Danny M *
Danny,

Customs in Australia is sometimes "fun". The team manager for the AU F3D team in 1989 had a beautiful leather hat with a long feather. When returning from the US he was not allow to reenter his home country with the hat. The problem? The feather was "prohibited"!

When we went to AU for the 1991 F3D WCs the inspectors did not want our fuselage box to enter the country because it might contain "insects". Granted, it was beat up and delaminating due to having traveled the world. I had to think of something quickly. I said the plywood was special high pressure treated stuff to make it insect proof. The inspector just looked at me like I was a moron, but said "good story" and let us through.

Johnny
May 13, 2019, 06:15 PM
Diesel I know, but an interesting concept Johnny - Dial A Fit
Last edited by Twin Stack; May 26, 2019 at 11:19 PM.
May 13, 2019, 06:26 PM
I was all excited reading the above, hoping I would see an engine with a dial on it to suit my needs ... silly Frank
May 13, 2019, 07:29 PM
DJS Johnny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Stack
Diesel I know, but an interesting concept Johnny - Dial A Fit
Bob,

That is interesting. At lease they send you a sheet to give you a hint of what to do.

Johnny
May 14, 2019, 09:00 AM
It must have a machinegun
Yeah, but what about option 3 - its not even finished.
May 20, 2019, 06:30 PM
Interesting Japanese TAKARA 049 with built in tank - for car or buggy ?
May 20, 2019, 06:45 PM
Super Tigre Quickie 500
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/model-engine...oAAOSw1X5c4DhG
See sellers other Super Tigre's
May 20, 2019, 07:58 PM
Looks like a Nelson muffler with that Q500 Tigre
May 21, 2019, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Interesting Japanese TAKARA 049 with built in tank - for car or buggy ?
For sale somewhere... ?
May 21, 2019, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald
For sale somewhere... ?
You'll need a Japanese friend Reggy -
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/b390998720
May 21, 2019, 07:46 PM

International purchases from Buyee

Quote:
You'll need a Japanese friend Reggy -
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/b390998720
I have successfully made purchases from Buyee.jp.
BUT, please be aware that Buyee will NOT allow any engine (even parts or ones like this one with 'Junk' in the listing) to be shipped to a non Japanese address,.
They claim: " in accordance to the Aviation Law and International Postal Regulations, the following item included in the package is prohibited from being shipped internationally using any couriers including Japan Post and UPS. Prohibited item(s) ENGINE.
They will not accept ANY argument or reason and you lose your purchase AND money unless you can re-direct as follows.
If you have a contact/friend in Japan who can & will accept your purchase, then have your item shipped to them as a domestic 'New Address',, you can do this easily after purchase
They can then forward your purchase to you normally (but without mentioning the dreaded word 'engine' when mailing it on to you).
Good Luck to anyone who goes for it, as there are frequently some desirable items from time to time (mostly spotted & recommended by Bob, Ta !)
May 23, 2019, 08:05 AM
It must have a machinegun
I got some good engines from Buyee, before they changed their policy. Now I suspect I'm blacklisted because I got Paypal to reverse my payment. They wouldn't even let an independent shipping company pick it up from their warehouse.
May 23, 2019, 08:45 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaledown
I got some good engines from Buyee, before they changed their policy. Now I suspect I'm blacklisted because I got Paypal to reverse my payment. They wouldn't even let an independent shipping company pick it up from their warehouse.
They probably have a senior manager who's an engine collector...

Quick Reply