- Column select for markers
- Record and playback data
- 20% faster rendering

Available here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19Y...qgneJFNBGTjQr_
Really great job - thansk for sharing !
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2018, 02:36 PM
hwalker and macfly, thanks for the responses.

I have fixed a bug concerning the recording functionality, where if you record to a non-empty slot it actually opens the file for appending rather than creating new file from beginning. If any other bugs are spotted let me know, but that is the only one I know of so far. I will be releasing an update soon.

arocholl, is it possible to have the RF Explorer stay in DSP mode="fast" during power cycles?

Every time I power on the device it goes back to DSP mode="auto" (which is the same as "filter" for the band I monitor). If it is on filter then I don't see the radar emissions that I want to see.
Last edited by AsmCoder8088; May 10, 2018 at 02:44 PM.
May 10, 2018, 04:02 PM
Electric powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmCoder8088
arocholl, is it possible to have the RF Explorer stay in DSP mode="fast" during power cycles?

Every time I power on the device it goes back to DSP mode="auto" (which is the same as "filter" for the band I monitor). If it is on filter then I don't see the radar emissions that I want to see.
The device always restart in DSP:Auto by design, to prevent novice users from measuring with a wrong setup.

But you can easily set it programmatically the way you want from the application: use SetDSP command (Cp) see www.rf-explorer.com/API documentation for more details.
May 15, 2018, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arocholl
The device always restart in DSP:Auto by design, to prevent novice users from measuring with a wrong setup.

But you can easily set it programmatically the way you want from the application: use SetDSP command (Cp) see www.rf-explorer.com/API documentation for more details.
Thanks arocholl.

I have now published the source for the UnityRFE visualizer, it is available here:

https://github.com/daniel-SG1/UnityRFE_src

And for those who are not able to compile the source, I have the latest binary available here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hE...UioMa7T3ODzsF7

The latest version also fixes the bug when recording to a previously used slot. So far as I know at this point, there are no other bugs. If you find one, let me know.

And for those who are curious about how the rendering works, I have a brief explanation. Each data point is represented by a cube that is scaled vertically according to the amplitude of the data point. There are 112 data points (cubes) per row, and 125 rows make up the waterfall. Whenever it is time to step forward, the back row gets moved to the front, and its contents are set equal to that of the incoming data. At this point, having simply moved the back row to the front, this would give the impression that the waterfall is moving away. So the classical approach would then be to shift all rows forward by one to keep the waterfall in place. However, this results in updating the position of all of the cubes, of which there are 14,000, which significantly reduces the frame rate. So, I then parented every cube to a row object, and each row object to a single waterfall object, thinking I could then just update the position of the waterfall object and it would not be so slow... However, it seems that under the hood, Unity is still updating each cube position, so no luck. Then I decided instead to simply allow the waterfall to move, and then move the camera object to follow it. This approach worked, and the frame rate is quite fast as there is minimal updating of positions.
May 16, 2018, 10:37 AM
Electric powered
Thank you for the added details. There is a very interesting and ingenious solution in your approach.

Quick Reply