May 01, 2011, 09:01 AM
Detail Freak
Thanks Kyle for sharing your practice time with us and especially for busting
your butt and launching us all day. It was a total hoot, and I'm happy for you how
well the day went with zero carnage.
Super great to meet all you guys! Wish I could be ther for the comp, but I just can't!
I hope you guys all get the weather you deserve for that weekend.

R,
Target
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2011, 09:17 AM
Sean Worthington
Hi Kyle, Target and everyone,

I had a great time yesterday and learned more in a day than I could imagine in years of trying to figure it all out for myself from posts and videos. I have lots of practice to do but have the basic "pictures" of what we are doing and why for Speed and Distance. Aaron and I planned all the way home for how we will get the equipment together to practice a little closer to home.

The big surprise for me was how much fun/tension there is in the Distance task. There is not much chatter about this task in the news groups relative to Speed, but man that was fun! It is easy to see how one could go from hero to zero in a tough round of that.

Thanks again,

Sean
May 01, 2011, 10:16 AM

Great event

Kyle,
It was good to see a lot of new people out at CV having a great time as well as some "regulars". Now we all just need to recall the lessons and Practice, practice, practice.
Hope your arm recovers. That is a lot of throwing without a single mishap.

Mike
May 01, 2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks guys for coming..... I had a GREAt time! It was awsome!

My arm hurts........
May 01, 2011, 11:42 AM
Holy Smokes! Kyle Paulson is a combination of Yoda, a Shaolin Priest, and the Energizer Bunny. We can't thank you enough Kyle for the effort you have put into preparing to teach us and tirelessly teaching us the whole long day! I had no idea what you guys were doing with this "B" thing until yesterday. It is a must see live. Videos cannot capture the speeds and sounds. Our community has a great asset in Kyle as he is a rare bird that excels in his craft and can teach it as well, and most importantly he enjoys bringing other people to a higher level.
Anyone who missed it and thought about going should not miss the next F3B event. It was nice to meet all you that attended.
DC
May 01, 2011, 01:49 PM
Detail Freak
+1!
Well said, DC.

R,
T
May 02, 2011, 02:05 AM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM

F3B Clinic Videos

More F3B Clinic Videos from yesterday!

Demo of rigging Mr. Kite Underdog Chutes:

IMG 1002 (6 min 16 sec)

Target's Launch for a Duration Flight - early am - 4/30/11

IMG 0957 (1 min 1 sec)
May 02, 2011, 02:30 AM
Team USA F3F Member
Kyle and all that were there,

What an awesome day! A great intro to F3B by a really great instructor who went way out of his way to be our launching slave and mentor. Then proceeded to show us how feeble our skills are with a few runs of his own in his awesome Freestyler 4...

Seriously though Kyle, thanks for your enthusiasm for us newbies, and your generosity in putting on the event.

Those speed runs are a crazy combination of F3F standing on one base. The distance competition is a crazy chaos of times, weird beeps, and confusion, and I didn't even try to figure out how to land on a particular spot after the attempt at a duration task. I felt pretty lucky that I was able to get the full 10 minutes one time! Of course, that balances out with the 4 minute run...Whew, so much to learn and I can tell that it only hits the surface.

I felt bad that you essentially threw every launch, but I think that you were probably the only one besides target that knew how to throw, and I know that he would have helped, but probably didn't want to chance a bad throw with any of us newbies, or with your new difficult to replace freestyler...

I am continually amazed at what a good group of personalities this sport attracts!

Thanks ! and I hope to fly some more F3B again!

Tim
May 02, 2011, 07:08 AM
May the Wind Always be Good
Thanks Dave for the Great Videos And Thanks to Kyle for sharing his know how with others Mr. Kite
May 03, 2011, 02:15 AM

F3B Clinic Videos

The wind got up to 25 mph at times, the mic on my iPhone is not made to deal with that kind of wind. I have tweaked the sound in an editing program to improve the voice quality. There still is a lot of background wind noise.

This was a great learning experience so you will see our mistakes and things that we did correctly, adjustments that needed to be made etc....... - as they actually happened - no editing.

Sorry, this is taking longer than I thought.

Dave's first launch.
F3B Clinic by Kyle Paulson (0 min 37 sec)

Tim's first launch attempt and adjustments.
F3B Clinic #2 by Kyle Paulson (2 min 36 sec)

Tim's first launch.
F3B Clinic #3 by Kyle Paulson (0 min 37 sec)

Kyle's instruction on how to properly use a sighting device.
F3B Clinic #4 by Kyle Paulson (2 min 40 sec)

Last edited by David Olson; May 03, 2011 at 02:22 AM.
May 04, 2011, 12:32 AM

F3B Clinic Videos

All these videos are HD so make sure you are watching in HD (720). They will look good in full screen.

Steve's First Launch.
Steve's First Launch (1 min 32 sec)

Dave's Launch
F3B Clinic Dave's Launch (1 min 6 sec)

Kyle's Speed Run Review. (iPhone memory full - had to stop)
Kyle's Speed Run Review (0 min 31 sec)

Mike's First Speed Run.
Mike's First Speed Run (1 min 38 sec)

Target's Launch for Speed Run.
Target's Launch for a Speed Run (1 min 3 sec)
Last edited by David Olson; May 04, 2011 at 12:38 AM.
May 05, 2011, 02:39 AM

F3B Clinic Videos

More Lessons shared by Kyle. (View in HD-720P)

How to setup for redoing a broken line:
Redo Broken Line (0 min 56 sec)

Whose finger is that?
Untwisting the air line:
Untwist Air Line (3 min 14 sec)

New line - attach a chute:
New Line Attach a Chute (1 min 27 sec)

Proper chute setup for the next launch:
Proper Setup for Next Launch (0 min 27 sec)
Last edited by David Olson; May 05, 2011 at 02:45 AM.
May 05, 2011, 02:50 AM

Videos

Is anyone watching these? I have more. Should I continue to post these? It takes me about 2 to 3 hours every night.

Let me know.???
May 05, 2011, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Olson
Is anyone watching these? I have more. Should I continue to post these? It takes me about 2 to 3 hours every night.

Let me know.???
YES !!!!!!

It's amazing. Please go on and thanks for your effort
Andres
May 05, 2011, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Olson

Let me know.???
Please keep on this good job. There are many from the other side of the earth watching.

J