Apr 26, 2011, 10:29 PM
Sean Worthington
Aaron Lewis (P-51flyer) and I are confirmed and coming down from the South Bay area. I think he is bringing a Victor and I, a German Eagle. I've been looking forward to the opportunity to learn more about F3B and this seems to be a perfect opportunity to do this.

See you all on Saturday,

Sean Worthington
to remove ads between posts
Apr 27, 2011, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-1-11B
Aaron Lewis (P-51flyer) and I are confirmed and coming down from the South Bay area. I think he is bringing a Victor and I, a German Eagle. I've been looking forward to the opportunity to learn more about F3B and this seems to be a perfect opportunity to do this.

See you all on Saturday,

Sean Worthington
Great! looking forward!

Kyle
Apr 27, 2011, 01:49 AM
KP!!!! Dude you rock! As Sean said we will be running down there Saturday and the weather is looking pretty good! Looking forward to it!

AA
Apr 27, 2011, 08:09 PM

Winch Batteries

For those who need to make the tradeoff between more ballast or winch batteries, don't worry. I will be bring several of Mike Lachowski's (and team) batteries they used at the USA qualifying event at CV. They are nearly new and full charged.

Mike Wilson
Apr 27, 2011, 08:35 PM
Detail Freak
I'll skip bringing my battery, then, Mike.

Thanks!

VR,
Target
Apr 28, 2011, 02:18 AM
Thanks Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wilson
For those who need to make the tradeoff between more ballast or winch batteries, don't worry. I will be bring several of Mike Lachowski's (and team) batteries they used at the USA qualifying event at CV. They are nearly new and full charged.

Mike Wilson
Apr 28, 2011, 08:15 PM
I know most of you are on 2.4.

Just thought I would let everyone know in advance that I am on ch 27
in case there might be a conflict. Just being cautious.
Sometimes we forget to call out our freq before launch. Let's be safe and
go home with our planes in one piece. Looking forward to a great time.
Apr 28, 2011, 11:27 PM
Detail Freak
You are right! Target checking in on channel 58.
Apr 29, 2011, 12:08 AM
What are these "channels" you guys speak of?

Tom
Apr 29, 2011, 04:46 PM
Sean Worthington
I'm on ch 40. Part of the fleet is still "old school"!
Apr 29, 2011, 06:38 PM
Team USA F3F Member
looks like I'm gonna make it with my Nyx 2.4...

the bills hill 60" race got cancelled, and even though its a LOOONG drive, I'm not doing anything else, so I might as well take advantage of this opportunity!

New guy Tim
Apr 29, 2011, 08:10 PM
I think your going to dig it Tim! Glad your coming!

I'm packed and on my way now! Yahooo!!!

K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttraver
looks like I'm gonna make it with my Nyx 2.4...

the bills hill 60" race got cancelled, and even though its a LOOONG drive, I'm not doing anything else, so I might as well take advantage of this opportunity!

New guy Tim
May 01, 2011, 03:01 AM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM

F3B Clinic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Paulson
Date: Saturday April 30th I would like to get there at 9:00 to start setting up. (Across the street from the Hotel)

A number of you have already stepped up and made donations, purchased shirts and raffle tickets and really shown your thoughtful support of our US team going to China. I want to do all I can to reach out and give back……. And somehow say Thank You for your support! This is one of the best ways I can think of to do that…… An F3B Clinic for the newer guys.
.................................................. .........
So…. Who’s in!

I am sitting in the hotel in Cal Valley after just enjoying "happy hour" with the locals. Meeting the 20 or so neighbors here was worth driving the 6 hours just for the people and hearing some of their stories.......but that is another story entirely.......................

I now know what it is like getting fed out of a fire hose! Kyle is such a first class instructor/pilot! I was just thrilled with the amount of first class knowledge Kyle was willing to share with us! Hard to put into words!

I really enjoyed meeting and flying with everyone who participated today. One of the better experiences of my flying, no question!!! (Thanks Coby for teaching me how to time.)

Kyle, I don't know how you did it but you launched everyone of us today, every flight was off your arm! Steve and I think it was close to 100 launches!!! Amazing!

Kyle: If I could be so presumptuous and speak for all of us, we can not thank you enough for your advice, coaching, instruction and sharing your knowledge with all of us today! Thanks for letting us use your winches as well as Targets today.

You sure know how to pay it forward!!! You make me want to pay it forward even more!

If you wanted to attend the F3B Clinic but could not, Kyle asked me to video on my iPhone some of the things he went over with us today to share with everyone. I have so much video to go over it will take a while, more to follow, but here is a teaser -

First video - After we all flew our speed runs Kyle demonstrated, again, how to fly a speed run - listen after Kyle's speed run someone yells out "We Suck!"

Crank up the sound!

IMG 1006 (0 min 56 sec)

IMG 0991 (3 min 15 sec)

I am not afraid to admit I am mentally shot! What a GREAT day!!!

Dave
Last edited by David Olson; May 01, 2011 at 03:13 AM.
May 01, 2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks for sharing those videos with the rest of us !!!
I hope you have some more
Andres
May 01, 2011, 09:50 AM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM
Yes, more to follow.

Quick Reply