Apr 22, 2011, 11:02 AM
Great input Curtis! I did discuss that clearly with Steve.... it's just not on video. Thanks for bringing that out.... ITíS IMPORTANT!!!

I had a GREAT time with you guys! I really enjoy watching new guys get all worked up and the blood flowing..... They were acting like children. It was awesome!

K

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudyIFR
Very awesome videos! That iPhone did a nice job!

Very, very important to note though....Ensure that the winch line is under the palm of your hand! You want to make sure you are holding the winch line up against the bottom of the fuselage. If you are NOT holding the winch line that means your hand is forward of the line and that could mean the loss of some appendages.

Curtis
Montana
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2011, 11:13 AM
Great Vid Dave! That works nice.

K
Apr 22, 2011, 01:12 PM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearfactorfred
Thanks for the vids David ! That brought back memories for me when Kyle was teaching me. Such a huge benefit to have him as a teacher. Have fun and keep the vids coming please.

FFF
Fred: Thanks, I will do my best on the vids. Yes, I agree, Kyle is an excellent instructor!

Dave
Apr 22, 2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudyIFR
Very awesome videos! That iPhone did a nice job!

Very, very important to note though....Ensure that the winch line is under the palm of your hand! You want to make sure you are holding the winch line up against the bottom of the fuselage. If you are NOT holding the winch line that means your hand is forward of the line and that could mean the loss of some appendages.

Curtis
Montana
Curtis:

You are definitely correct about the line. Kyle made sure Steve was holding it correctly. I just did not get that part on video. Actually I got so caught up in listening sometimes I would forget to shoot it so I missed several good tips throughout the day.

Dave
Apr 22, 2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Paulson
Great Vid Dave! That works nice.

K
Kyle:

Thanks, wish I would have shot everything you taught us but if I had I think I would still be uploading files.

Again, thank you very much for the great help! I have not been that "jacked" in a long time. FUN!

Dave
Apr 22, 2011, 01:55 PM
Kyle:

I Can't thank you enough for taking time out of your busy schedule to help us rookies get a real taste of F3B. What a fantastic experience. I had a great time and can't wait to do it again. I'm hooked!

Great videos Dave, and great job flying your F/S3.

Too bad we didn't get a vid of Kyles 11sec speed run with his F/S4.

Steve
Last edited by Steve Elias; Apr 22, 2011 at 11:14 PM.
Apr 22, 2011, 10:48 PM
Guys the vids keyed on things I did'nt even think about.
Kyle how do you like the new Mr Kite chutes?
So you leave the top free I see only looped on the line.
Apr 22, 2011, 11:31 PM
I enjoyed it alot Steve.... you are welcome.

Not 11sec but in the 12's....yes....wow! Was that SICK air or what!? It sounded like I was DSing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Elias
Kyle:

I Can't thank you enough for taking time out of your busy schedule to help us rookies get a real taste of F3B. What a fantastic experience. I had a great time and can't wait to do it again. I'm hooked!

Great videos Dave, and great job flying your F/S3.

Too bad we didn't get a vid of Kyles 11sec speed run with his F/S4.

Steve
Apr 22, 2011, 11:34 PM
Yes Jack..... when you order from Mr. Kite ask for the "Underdog" chutes. He makes them just how Dave and I asked. He's great to work with.

At the clinic I will show the details how to run the chutes.

Looking forward!!!

Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgs99v
Guys the vids keyed on things I did'nt even think about.
Kyle how do you like the new Mr Kite chutes?
So you leave the top free I see only looped on the line.
Apr 23, 2011, 12:00 AM
Kyle - He provide two versions - small multi colored panel, and one looks more suitable for F3J just abit bigger. Kool dude!!
Thanks for your design inputs - much better than the year before last version.
Apr 23, 2011, 09:45 AM
Detail Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
I'll be there if my work doesn't own me that weekend.
Those FOCKERS!

R,
Target
I'm 100% in, Yay!
I had to call the HR girl and ask what would happen if I "refused" to work on a day that was scheduled "off", like a weekend.
It didn't come down to that, but that was where I was headed. Freaking managers!

Anyway, I'm looking to find out this week who I will carpool with.
Brandon- Are you still coming? If not, maybe Mr Cortina?
It was touch-n-go for a while, but my boat will be running with my second in command at the helm, YAY!

R,
Target
Apr 26, 2011, 11:35 AM
Okay dudes! We are on for this Sat. here is a small list to help you be prepared. To help us all be more efficient please have these items ready in advance (before) you get to the field..... then you won't be "the one"!

1) Launch set-up
2) Cruise Mode
3) Speed mode
4) And some way to camber up for duration (this can be done in your cruise mode, that’s how I do it)

That's it! If you have this set up and ready for me then I can spend just a few minutes with each pilot. I can then just say a little more of this and a little less of that. I'll make sure your hook is in a safe position and your off!

If you do not know how to make this happen in your transmitter….. call a friend NOW that has the same transmitter to help you set it up. I only know the Airtronics System…. If you have that…. PM me with your phone number and we will get you set up over the phone.

The first thing we will be doing is "launch"..... how to be safe and get high! Then while you durate for 10 minutes.... I'll be launching the next pilot.

Next speed on the course..... then distance.

Start time will be as soon as you get there. I will be coming quite early to get set up but if you guys are there before 10:00 we will be golden. The sun does not go down till 7:30 so we have lots of time to fly.

Looking forward,

Kyle
Apr 26, 2011, 09:35 PM
Detail Freak
Who's coming from South? I need a car pool buddy. I can either ride or drive.
Might CP with Dave Cortina if he's going, hes on the fence stil as to whether or not he can go.

Kyle-
Should I bring the airstrike winch and optima battery?
Don't have real line....

R,
Target
Last edited by target; Apr 26, 2011 at 09:47 PM.
Apr 26, 2011, 09:42 PM
Bring your winches!

Is Brandon Coming?

K
Apr 26, 2011, 09:48 PM
Detail Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Paulson
Bring your winches!

Is Brandon Coming?

K
Winch, singular