Jul 11, 2016, 12:47 AM
Grumpa Tom
Very nice!

If you have never looked at the Hansen Dam Violators thread, you will have missed quite a lot of videos of the model boats filmed from drones over the past couple of years.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2016, 01:07 AM
Capt. Jack

Small meet up

Impromptu stop at Spreckle's lake in San Francisco
Met up with Mr Lego and his MLB.
Nov 28, 2016, 08:29 AM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA

HoKay youz swabbies! Ye all had better be finished dressin' the turkey and tidyin' up after the bird and the relatives....
cuz' Ol St. Nick saz it'z time to start dressing out the boat with pretty lights and assorted sparkelies
for ye hath been summoned to the Holiday Parade of Lights on
Wednesday, 20 December, First Bell o'the Dog Watch (that's 4:30pm fer the land-lubbers)

Pertinent Astronomical time for the event are.....
Sunset: 4:54pm (Did ja see the green flash?)
Civil Twilight ends: 5:23pm (Sun 6° below the horizon)
Nautical Twilight ends: 5:56pm (Sun 12° below the horizon)
Astronomical Twilight Ends: 6:28pm (Sun 18° below the horizon) - Full dark

Bring yer woolies and yer parka's if it's cold and maybe a hot-toddy or two if Davy Jones and the Section Chief ain't lookin'.
See you all there to ring the Holidays in and the Old Year out. All Pollywogs and Shellbacks welcome.
Latest blog entry: Ah, To be young again...
Feb 19, 2017, 06:30 PM
Capt. Jack

Promoting other groups

The Sonoma County Boaters help promote various groups and hobby shops who (in turn) also help to promote us.

Here; I'd like to help recognize Jakes Hobbies (Rohnert Park). Jake is a great guy who runs his shop with respect and knowledge. Having been a long time customer and over the years getting to know his staff, I always feel confident of getting the right needed item when I leave. If you haven't visited his store- stop in sometime to say hi to Jake and shop.

MARK YOUR CALENDAR:

April 30th (8am-2pm)
Where: Main hall Santa Rosa Veterans building
What: All Hobby Swap Meet
(Address) 1352 Maple Ave, Santa Rosa

A Wine Country Flyers and Jakes Hobbies promotion.

For more I formation, contact
1. www.fcflyers.com
2. Jake's Performance Hobbies
6650 Commerce Blvd. #21
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
707-586-3375 ~ JPHRacing001@aol.com
www.JPHRacing.com
Mar 08, 2017, 10:17 PM
Capt. Jack
Been having problems with my website SoCoBoaters. Some sort of server issue.

Roberts Lake is looking great. Water level is high. But the weather is hard to predict with all these storms coupled by cold days when it's not raining.

I'd like to get an outing scheduled when it's nice outside and we can enjoy a day of boating instead of suffering through it. Once the website is back up and running properly to where I can gain access to it, I'll post up a get together date. In the meantime, I'll use this thread for communications.

A little update. Randy has a new vessel (its majorly impressive and I'll just let him surprise you with the details).
George's coast guard MLB is up and running as well as his volere.
I'm redoing the wiring on my coast guard MLB to accommodate an 8 channel switching mechanism and building a Chris Craft that's around 42".
Apr 02, 2017, 12:58 AM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA

Come On Down...... Would love to see you guys from SoCoBo!!

Dave G. let me know that the steam boys of the Lake and a number of friends had a wonderful idea to fire up their teapots on Sunday, April 9th, for a day of fun and steam boats on the Lake. They hope anyone with a steam boat (or interest in steam boats) will come join them for a gathering of steam and model engineering buffs Lakeside on Sunday morning until whenever....

Real nice image of what you might see on Sunday the Ninth borrowed from olcarluvr
earlier in the tread when he posted some pics from Steam Up 2016.

So bring your propeller driven teapot and we'll see you there!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Don't forget the other (official power squadron) upcoming events......

April –
Titanic Rescue
Saturday the 15th

Walpurgis Eve (Night) Fun Run & Light Show
Saturday Evening the 29th

Sunset: 7:58pm, Civil Twilight Ends: 8:26pm, Nautical Twilight Ends: 9:00pm, Astronomical Twilight Ends/Full Night; 9:36pm
(MLK Drive closed until 7pm – no anticipated problems with JFK come to Lake from north side.
Event ends by 10pm due to park curfew.)

May -
Goin’ Fishin!
Saturday, May 20th

Bay to Breakers; May 21 may complicate access, use North side entrances to Lake.

June -
Steam-Up
Saturday the 17th
Latest blog entry: Ah, To be young again...
Apr 05, 2017, 08:55 AM
Capt. Jack

Promoting other groups

The Sonoma County Boaters help promote various groups and hobby shops who (in turn) also help to support us either by including our information in their threads, mentioning our name on websites, or promoting us in stores.

Here; I'd like to help recognize: Fundamonium (Rohnert Park). Steve started out with Hobbytown USA in Petaluma and branched out on his own with Fundamonium Toys in Rohnert Park. Steve (and his wife Jan) kept the same format as they did before by providing a place to find items for all sorts of hobbies such as model kits, trains, accessories and hobby tools. And of course, radio controlled hobbies. They also do birthday parties and for free, you can pencil in meetings to be held for your RC group (such as redwood empire model club) some on and off roads groups and board gaming groups.

A typical meet with Steve is being greeted with a huge smile and a friendly how can I help you. He's always laughing and it's obvious he enjoys his job. A nice -local- mom and pop shop that we would like to see stay around for a very long time. Please visit if your in the area and tell them SoCoBo sent you.

For more Information, contact
Fundamonium
576 Rohnert Park Expressway (in the shopping center).
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
707-540-0701
Www.FundamoniumToys.Com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Fundemonium/
Apr 05, 2017, 08:08 PM
RC Flying;Lego Contraption Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodigo
The Sonoma County Boaters help promote various groups and hobby shops who (in turn) also help to support us either by including our information in their threads, mentioning our name on websites, or promoting us in stores.

Here; I'd like to help recognize: Fundamonium (Rohnert Park). Steve started out with Hobbytown USA in Petaluma and branched out on his own with Fundamonium Toys in Rohnert Park. Steve (and his wife Jan) kept the same format as they did before by providing a place to find items for all sorts of hobbies such as model kits, trains, accessories and hobby tools. And of course, radio controlled hobbies. They also do birthday parties and for free, you can pencil in meetings to be held for your RC group (such as redwood empire model club) some on and off roads groups and board gaming groups.

A typical meet with Steve is being greeted with a huge smile and a friendly how can I help you. He's always laughing and it's obvious he enjoys his job. A nice -local- mom and pop shop that we would like to see stay around for a very long time. Please visit if your in the area and tell them SoCoBo sent you.

For more Information, contact
Fundamonium
576 Rohnert Park Expressway (in the shopping center).
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
707-540-0701
Www.FundamoniumToys.Com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Fundemonium/

Great for Steve for having such great customer service and branching out to everyone in the community and letting them know there are hobbies out there. I'll be sure to make a trip up to Rohnert Park and visit him one of these days! Maybe April 9th when I'm free that Sunday.
Apr 10, 2017, 04:56 PM
Capt. Jack

Swap meet notice

FYI- to our local Norcal guys. This is an event that's coming up. Thanks Buzz for letting me know.
May 10, 2017, 12:13 PM
Capt. Jack

Sfmyc

Thought you guys might be interested. SFMYC is having a lobster boat event. Boats go out and grapple random floating traps. Each with its own separate "catch value". Sounds like an interesting event. Saturday morning, May 20th.

It's an open event for all boats sporting fishing poles.
May 17, 2017, 12:58 PM
Capt. Jack
The roar of speeding boats will dominate Lakeport’s waterfront on June 3 and 4 when the Sprint Boat Grand Prix comes to town, the first such competition on Clear Lake. Lake county., California. There also are three bass tournaments and a vintage wooden Chris-Craft speedboat parade planned.

So I take it- that being said, Clear Lake is a "go" for RC gas speed boats now. ����

The races run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $20 for adults and $10 for children.
May 20, 2017, 08:51 PM

Where to run a two stroke RC boat

Hello,

I am new on this website and live in Petaluma Ca. Where can I run my Boniz 50 two stroke gas rc boat that I just bought this morning. Can I run at Lucchesi Park?

Please let me know much appreciated.
Jun 02, 2017, 02:25 AM
Capt. Jack
Bonzi- Acknowledged by email.
Jun 15, 2017, 05:48 PM
Capt. Jack

Test run in Rohnert park

Took the alpha patrol jet boat out for some water tightness testing. The front gunner well was sealed but water still got in. The weep holes in the forward deck section are next to install to see if that helps. The Coast Guard was there to assist.