Mar 05, 2011, 03:33 PM
Honey Badger
Thread OP
Discussion

My Funjet Maiden

Kind of a mixed review on this one... Let me start by saying that this is the first time I have ever flown a FJ - much less something other than my E*.

I have been FPV'ing for 2 years now....

Initial thoughts - this thing is a slippery little plane. I launched in 15 to 20 mph winds. It does get effected - but really little. I can see this plane being a ton of fun once I understand it a bit better.

Launched, snapped the prop. Undeterred - I marched on. Swapped out the prop for the only thing that I had... a 6X4 APC. Launched - rolled - landed with authority.

Take III. Launched and kept it flying. What I didn't know is that the camera servo had come loose - and would cause a bit of a wobble. I was equally unprepared for this little thing to haul @ss. At 12 - 15 amps it was running at more than 2X the speed of the E*. It also needs some speed to handle.

Now for the truly unfortunate - the camera is horrible in this light / weather. I guess it doesn't handle the transistion from light to dark too well - and certainly not very quickly. The video is one thing - going black in the goggles - entirely something else. It was so bad at handling the light transitions that I nearly crashed several times becasue of it. There is one part where I didn't realize that I was inches from landing in a tree.

Not sure if painting the will help with this or not... anyone?

Anyway - I got it down - albeit not where I wanted. It would be nice to see how it flies without the wind, the camera issues, and of course my nerves.

Here is the flight...

Funjet Maiden (4 min 28 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2011, 05:25 PM
Cool, they are great little planes, trick to launching, especially the Ultra, is to give it plenty of power before you throw and NOT throw and then give it power straight away, which is an automatic reaction, as that's why they roll.
Mar 05, 2011, 06:15 PM
Honey Badger
Thread OP
I just wish the camera performed a bit better...maybe with slightly different weather.

Quick Reply