Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by brwilkins, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 05, 2011, 01:50 PM
Find More Posts by brwilkins
Trader Rating: 14
No meat = no pudding
For Sale

Hacker X-80 Opto Pro ESC and USB programming interface

Please read this ad carefully.

This is a Hacker X-80 Opto Pro ESC and comes with the USB interface cable and software for programming.

http://www.aero-model.com/Hacker-Bru...ro-3D-ESC.aspx

Specs:
- 80A continuous / 12A peak current
- For use with 5 to 10S Lipos
- Has a spark arrest circuit

I had another ESC from Hacker (same model as this, but not this one) that I installed in a 30cc size plane. When I installed it and powered that one up, it ran fine at half throttle, but when I went to full throttle the ESC smoked and died. I had a watt meter between the lipos and ESC and it never exceeded 80A while I was running it. I sent that one back to Hacker and they said that it was defective and replaced it with this one, which they said was brand new. I have not installed this one in a plane. After the issue that I experienced, I'm not sure that I trust Hacker ESC's and am going to switch back to another brand.

Again, I have not installed this in a plane, applied power to it, or anything. Hacker (Aero-Model) sent it to me as a replacement. If you experience issues with it, you will need to work with Hacker (Aero-Model, which is the US distributor for Hacker). I will not provide a refund. I will say that Aero-Model gave me great customer service on it and replaced it without a hassle. I personally love Hacker motors, but am now skeptical about their ESC's.

Price is $125 or best offer.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2011, 11:45 AM
No meat = no pudding
Reduced. Make an offer.
Last edited by brwilkins; Apr 01, 2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 01:27 PM
No meat = no pudding
Ok, anybody want to make any reasonable offer on this?