Mar 05, 2011, 09:34 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Hobbyzone Mini Super Cub or Champ

so I dont know which one I should get. IM kinda leaning towards the champ, but I would like a second opinion.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2011, 09:41 AM
Retired
Now days it looks like the Champ is the #1 recommended plane for a beginner. I had seen my Son learn on the Mini Super Cub when he learned to fly. It also is a excellent 3 channel plane. It will handle a bit more wind it would think. It had decent speed for it's size. Good plane. I have seen his Brother-in-Law fly his Champ with no experience and have really good luck with it as well. Good plane. I would not think that either would be a wrong choice.
Mar 05, 2011, 12:34 PM
Thread OP
well today I leaned all the way to the champ, lol and went to the hobby store. they didnt have any in stock but he put me down for one and is going to call me when they arrive. he siad thursday they should be here.
Mar 05, 2011, 01:00 PM
Old, New Guy
Smart choice. I have both and much prefer the Champ
Mar 12, 2011, 01:25 PM
Flew the Champ this morning, 3 batteries worth. 12-20 landings and takeoffs from hard surface. Great to have a small plane that I can fly near home. Some days I just don't have the time to get to the airfield when the breeze finally calms down. I'd love to fly the other planes but need the space of the airfield for them.
Mar 18, 2011, 07:56 PM
Thread OP
I ve been flying my champ in my front yard with no problem. The champ is a blast to fly even if your not doing aerobatics. I already want another plane because well... just because. lol

Quick Reply