Oct 13, 2001, 09:03 PM
sb1
sb1
Thread OP

first flight of 1/2 A sureflite cub

Hi All,
Been building a 1/2 A sureflite cub for the last 2 months on and off and finished it earlier this week. Been waiting for the wind to subside a little for its first flight to see how it would fly. After giving up on totally calm flying weather I went a head and flew it on a breezy day and it was a little hairy but managed to land it without tearing it up. Today was calmer towards evening and flew it 3 more times and it flys like a cub using 6v s/400 with a 3:5/1 g/box and 9x6 apc eprop on 7 cell nimh and nicad packs. Weighs about 21 oz ready to fly using hs-55's and a hitec feather rx. The only thing I wish I had done different is strengthen the area where the landing gear attaches, making it a little more durable but overall converting it to e-power is not hard. It flys stable,not too fast and makes touch and goes nice, had it flying into the wind and it would just hang there with lower throttle settings. Flight duration is in the 8-10 minute range with the nimh packs. I want to thank poobs for his advice on converting the cub too.

Thanks,sb1
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply