Mar 03, 2011, 02:48 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Turnigy 9x jack input?

Hi, you can use jack for Turnigy X9 with another firmware as well as input.
Thanks for the reply
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2011, 04:39 PM
65 years of RC flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe5
Hi, you can use jack for Turnigy X9 with another firmware as well as input.
Thanks for the reply
Do you mean can you use the trainer jack to upgrade the firmware? No. You need a programmer hooked into the circuit board.

See this thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1266162
Mar 03, 2011, 05:37 PM
the jack can be used on a flight sim or in trainer mode
Mar 03, 2011, 06:06 PM
Thread OP
i don't know if it can use this connector as an input (if supported by hardware) when I put the other firmware
Mar 03, 2011, 06:48 PM
65 years of RC flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe5
i don't know if it can use this connector as an input (if supported by hardware) when I put the other firmware
Are you asking if the transmitter can function as master (i.e., getting input from the slave transmitter) in a trainer setup? Which firmware?
Mar 04, 2011, 03:30 AM
Thread OP
Yes so I could lend the proceedings a friend
I have the er9, and he original
Mar 04, 2011, 04:27 AM
Probbably yes, but I dont know whether it is usable. And there were troubles with signal denying by inserted but turned off RF module (see added resistor mod).
- if TX power switch is in OFF position, it is turned on by inserting jack, and in this case it generate PPM output and do not start transmitting. (student mode, or simulator)
- if TX power switch is ON, it does not output PPM there, and jack is in input mode - a teacher. How it works and whether it does anything (with original firmware), is not known to me, at all. Also the way of give/take control to/from student, is unknown to me (perhaps just plug in/unplug of jack?)...
I guess that the best You can do is to upgrade firmware and create set of conditional mixes that would let You use switch to give/take control for buddy..

Quick Reply