This thread is privately moderated by eflightray, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 03, 2011, 08:20 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Thread OP
Discussion

Ok, so this is my first ever 'Blog' on the 'Infernalnet'.

Blog. Isn't that what you say when you trip over a log ?, B..... log'

A quick 'so what's he done ?'

Started building free flight model kits around 1954, control line 1956, single channel radio 1960, and never left it alone for longer then about a year ever since. And I still know very little.
Well I did say 'A quick..'.

A fair amount of that time flying RC was with IC engines, but eventually I tried electric some 30 years ago, (grossly under powered), but I stuck with it and eventually converted totally to electric power.

To save showing some of my planes in this Blog, I'll point you to a rather crude 'Home Page' I created to show some of the current ones -

My Electric Flight Home Page. ***Corrected to current Home Page ***

It's not kept up to date sadly, (Ok, so I'm lazy), I keep intending to create a better site, one day.

The missing latest model is another 'mad spell' creation. I fancied a go at an EDP, Electric Ducted Prop. Having read about the amount of 'currents' being fed to many EDF models, I just knew I had to do a low current model.
But of course, props tend to be bigger than fans, so.............

There's a thread buried somewhere in the Foamies (Scratchbuilt) forum -

My Winter Project, Update #4. She's wearing a coat.

And I'm still waiting for some flying weather, (March 3rd today), hopefully soon........

Edit- Things sometime happen quite quickly. She's flown.

After publishing that first Blog entry, I looked out the window and...........why not....

Here's a link to my thread in the Scratchbuilt EDFs forum -

My "It's not a Mig 1.44", and it's not EDF but EDP. IT FLIES.

and in post #13, a short video of that maiden flight.

It was cut short owing to a sound I wasn't too sure of, so always land a check.

She will need a little sorting, but for a concept model, I was very pleased.
Last edited by eflightray; Mar 03, 2019 at 09:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2011, 05:16 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Thread OP

Here's one of the videos -

This was with the canard area reduced slightly. I think it was too effective plus it meant a very forward CG, difficult to achieve without a load of lead.

Also I added some small thrust defectors to the tail pipes to stop the nose pushing down under full power.

Mig Third Flight.wmv (6 min 20 sec)
Jul 06, 2011, 03:03 PM
Wonderful and inspiring build, particularly its size! It would be great to see more projects like this, with shrouded props in place over the complexity of DFs.

Ahhh, a lifetime of building I don't think I'll be seeing! Back to the slot-prop eagle for now!
Sep 12, 2011, 01:26 AM

Sunderland

Hi Ray,
Saw your Sunderland model.i have very interesting shot of 1/10 petrol model made by Geoff Reichelt.if you would like to see it send your details to [email protected] Graham Hyslop in Australia
Jan 06, 2012, 12:39 AM
REYNALDO
That is sooo awesome, you great bro, but i am a newbie and planing to have one small flying machine, any suggestion pls what is the best to start with?
Jan 31, 2012, 11:12 PM
This is one cool model! Great thinking "out of the box" !!!!!
Cheers,
Janusz

Quick Reply