Dec 31, 2011, 07:25 AM
Dead_Stick_7060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltadeville
Hi. I have two Skywalker with Eagletree and Guardian and the no#1 is in the upper compartment and the no #2 is the Guard. in the bottom...
Thay all is OK.

Thanks, and happy new year
Tku, and Godt Nyttår
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2012, 06:02 PM
FPV junkie
I've been setting up the OSD Pro
and Guardian on my new wing (the Chiamera V5).

I'm still going through a calibration phase but flying this wing with guardian is amazing.

RTH is close; it works, but I still have to make a few more adjustments.
Jan 01, 2012, 09:04 PM

Guardian Problem?

My guardian is making my ailerons deflect right.. constantly..

I set the fuselage and wings level with a level, and I then re-set the Guardian pitch and roll, and then run the Servo Analysis Wizard... and the Guardian still deflects my ailerons to the right.. I have the guardian secured rock solid straight and level too... When i turn stabilization off do the ailerons go back to neutral.. when i turn stabilization on the ailerons creep right..

Any thoughts ??
Jan 02, 2012, 03:00 AM
But often down to earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykro
My guardian is making my ailerons deflect right.. constantly..

I set the fuselage and wings level with a level, and I then re-set the Guardian pitch and roll, and then run the Servo Analysis Wizard... and the Guardian still deflects my ailerons to the right.. I have the guardian secured rock solid straight and level too... When i turn stabilization off do the ailerons go back to neutral.. when i turn stabilization on the ailerons creep right..

Any thoughts ??
I would reset the guardian pitch and roll after running the wizard to see if that helps. Does the guardian move the ailerons and elevator if you tilt or roll the plane?

Steve
Jan 02, 2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater73
I would reset the guardian pitch and roll after running the wizard to see if that helps. Did this and it did not help...
Does the guardian move the ailerons and elevator if you tilt or roll the plane? Yes..

Steve

Jan 02, 2012, 10:55 AM
FPV junkie
Quote:

Mykro, FWIW here are my thoughts.

I had that issue in the past.

You can trim for level, with guardian on, and not plan on flying with guardian off.

or you can get a calm day and fly with guardian off. Fly in a straight level path, and reset level flight. then bring it down and see if that did the trick.

You would want to reset failsafes if needed, and rerun wizzard after that.
Jan 02, 2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson
Mykro, FWIW here are my thoughts.

I had that issue in the past.

You can trim for level, with guardian on, and not plan on flying with guardian off.

or you can get a calm day and fly with guardian off. Fly in a straight level path, and reset level flight. then bring it down and see if that did the trick.

You would want to reset failsafes if needed, and rerun wizzard after that.
I'm puzzled as to why my Guardian is doing this anyway.. The ailerons are deflecting alot.. If I reduce the "Stabilizer Roll Gain" from 5 to zero the ailerons go to their neutral position.. I wonder how the plane would react to flying with this setting at zero...
Jan 02, 2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
I'm puzzled as to why my Guardian is doing this anyway.. The ailerons are deflecting alot.. If I reduce the "Stabilizer Roll Gain" from 5 to zero the ailerons go to their neutral position.. I wonder how the plane would react to flying with this setting at zero...
New development.. When I turn "Enable Heading Hold" to "Off" the ailerons return to their neutral position...
So as it stands.. when stabilization is turned off the ailerons return to their neutral position and when "Enable Heading Hold" is turned "Off" the ailerons return to their neutral position also...

Any thoughts anyone ???

I'm currently bench testing a new plane... Just completed a new build of a TWS II.. Have yet to maiden it.. I'm just working out as many bugs and discrepancies on the bench before I do maiden this plane...
Jan 02, 2012, 04:12 PM
FPV junkie
Quote:
New development.. When I turn "Enable Heading Hold" to "Off" the ailerons return to their neutral position...
So as it stands.. when stabilization is turned off the ailerons return to their neutral position and when "Enable Heading Hold" is turned "Off" the ailerons return to their neutral position also...

Any thoughts anyone ???

I'm currently bench testing a new plane... Just completed a new build of a TWS II.. Have yet to maiden it.. I'm just working out as many bugs and discrepancies on the bench before I do maiden this plane...
I wonder if you turn heading hold on, then move the sticks if it will go away.

I noticed that it did funny things on the ground with heading hold on. but goes away when it is in forward motion.
Jan 02, 2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson
I wonder if you turn heading hold on, then move the sticks if it will go away. no... it doesn't.. the ailerons deflect back slowly

I noticed that it did funny things on the ground with heading hold on. but goes away when it is in forward motion. Hmmm. I hadn't noticed that before when the guardian was installed in my last plane.. Maybe it was.. I don't remember now..
Bill.. where are you??

Jan 02, 2012, 06:00 PM
But often down to earth
Quote:

Any thoughts anyone ???

With heading hold on the OSD will remember the heading and try to turn the plane to that heading. The GPS always drifts while sitting still and the OSD is sensing this drift and is trying to turn the plane to the remembered heading. You can test this. Be sure the guardian gain is set to where it will keep the plane level. I use 4-6. Now while keeping the plane level rotate the plane in yaw until the ailerons neutralize. This is the heading the OSD is using for heading hold. With the ailerons neutral turn the plane either way and the ailerons will try to oppose the turn. If you want to change the heading that the OSD is using rotate the plane to a new heading and move the aileron stick on your RC transmitter a large amount and return it to center. The ailerons should now be centered and the OSD will oppose turning the plane from the new heading.

I just tried it on mine and it works great. I use it when flying. I can just let the OSD/Guardian fly the plane and it stays on heading pretty well.

Steve
Last edited by Floater73; Jan 02, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
Jan 03, 2012, 12:44 AM
FPV junkie
I just about have the V5 dialed in.

RTH works great, but needs some minor adjustments. Stabilization is still a little too high, but works great.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring even better results.

Chimaera V5 Flying Wing with RTH (5 min 28 sec)
Jan 08, 2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2
Make sure the following settings are made in the OSD.

d) Set the “Choose Receiver Type” to “PCM/FS” in the same menu
e) Set “Number Failsafe Chans on RX” to “1 FS Chns” in the same

Set up a mix on the throttle that mixes throttle into itself such that when you flick the switch it moves the throttle 10% more past idle.
ie,
RTH test off, -100%---0%---+100%
RTH test on, -110%---0%---+100%

Set all other throttle trims, travels and end points to their defaults.

Failsafe for the throttle should be set with the stick at idle, trim at neutral and your RTH test switch to the ON Position.

Repeat
set your Failsafes with the RTH switch in the ON position.

Failsafes for all your other channels should be set for Straight and level flight.

Before you run the Servo Analysis Wizard, set the RTH switch in the OFF position.

Now run the Servo Analysis Wizard, make sure throttle trim is at Neutral befor you start.

At the point where you are asked to turn your RC Tx off, the receiver will detect the Failsafe positions (throttle travel lower with stick at idle as set by your Failsafe positions), and this will be recorded by the OSD.

Now when you are flying and you want to test RTH, move your throttle stick to idle and flick your RTH switch, the OSD will see this as the receiver going into Failsafe and activate RTH.

To turn off RTH flick your RTH switch back or move the throttle stick up.

* You can also choose Option C “3Pos (RTH)” in the Radio Control Setup Menu / Choose Menu Receiver Inputs.*

Geoff
Thanks garris2
Jan 08, 2012, 10:54 PM
I just ordered a Guardian to install on my Skywalker to replace an FY20. From the start I had my OSDPro setup to turn using rudder and let the FY20 keep the wings level. So I see that it is recommended to use aileron for turns. Those using the Guardian on a Skywalker, does it turn well while maintaining altitude and level with the Guardian?

Thanks
Last edited by techspy; Jan 08, 2012 at 11:05 PM.
Jan 08, 2012, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint
Thanks garris2

Your welcome.

Quick Reply