Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Mar 29, 2011, 08:43 AM
Registered User
motorhead's Avatar
Working on it!
Mike
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2011, 08:46 AM
Registered User
funflyr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
Working on it!
Mike
Cool!! Thanks Mike
Troy
Mar 29, 2011, 11:26 AM
RCHN #150
Rickn816's Avatar
[/SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
Working on it!
Mike
I Want One!

Thanks.

Rick
Mar 29, 2011, 12:05 PM
Registered User
Rickn816, Looks great. Nice job!
Mar 29, 2011, 12:09 PM
Registered User
Just got a Motrolfly DM2205-1800kv and mounted it on mine. Suppose to be great power on 2 cells.
We'll see if the weather ever straightens up a little.
Mar 29, 2011, 02:40 PM
RCHN #150
Rickn816's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Brown
Rickn816, Looks great. Nice job!

Thanks. I was looking to emphasize the Free in Freestyle . . .

Rick
Mar 29, 2011, 03:45 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickn816
Thanks. I was looking to emphasize the Free in Freestyle . . .

Rick
What did you use for masking and paint?
Mar 29, 2011, 04:41 PM
RCHN #150
Rickn816's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Brown
What did you use for masking and paint?
Stripe masking - Blue masking tape.

Stars - adhesive foam stars that I found at Target.

Paint - Krylon spray acrylic - H2O.

Rick
Mar 30, 2011, 04:04 AM
Registered User
ForeverFlying's Avatar
Does "Painting" with sharpies work well? Do they make wide tip ones?

What glue do you guys use? Is Gorilla Glue good; or Goop?

Thanks!
Last edited by ForeverFlying; Mar 30, 2011 at 04:46 AM.
Mar 30, 2011, 05:58 AM
It's Just Foam!!!
EZglider's Avatar
Sharpies work just fine. I've seen some guys do some really nice work with them They come in several different tip sizes, just check the Office Supply dept. at Walmart. For EPP, I REALLY recommend Welder's Adhesive. Get it at Lowe's, or order on-line. Just the best for EPP planes, also does nice,simple hinges.
Mar 30, 2011, 07:28 AM
RCHN #150
Rickn816's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZglider
Sharpies work just fine. I've seen some guys do some really nice work with them They come in several different tip sizes, just check the Office Supply dept. at Walmart. For EPP, I REALLY recommend Welder's Adhesive. Get it at Lowe's, or order on-line. Just the best for EPP planes, also does nice,simple hinges.

Been there. Try White Gorilla Glue. Just once . . .

Rick
Mar 30, 2011, 01:36 PM
Augernaut
Wookster's Avatar
What about flexible CA?
Mar 30, 2011, 02:02 PM
RCHN #150
Rickn816's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster
What about flexible CA?
Never had good luck with any kind of CA on foam.

Rick
Mar 30, 2011, 02:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlying
Does "Painting" with sharpies work well? Do they make wide tip ones?

What glue do you guys use? Is Gorilla Glue good; or Goop?

Thanks!
Welders glue is best. Stays flexible. I got mine here http://www.amazon.com/Professional-I...pd_cp_hi_2_img
good price and you don't have to drive all over he$$ looking for it.
Mar 30, 2011, 04:17 PM
RCHN #150
Rickn816's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Brown
Welders glue is best. Stays flexible. I got mine here http://www.amazon.com/Professional-I...pd_cp_hi_2_img
good price and you don't have to drive all over he$$ looking for it.
Try White Gorilla. Try on some scrap foam. It is stronger than the foam, and the hinges are strong and flexible.

Rick


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! e-foamy sbach 342 maiden larsy87 3D Foamies 26 Nov 01, 2010 10:25 PM
Sold Blade SR Belt drive tail kit by Freestyle-Hobby minirips2 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Oct 06, 2010 02:02 PM
Yippee! Edge 540 From E-Foamy.com Finished bakon Foamies (Kits) 0 Oct 04, 2010 10:29 PM
Video 3D-Freestyle to Music by BPLR Jurgen Heilig Electric Plane Talk 6 Oct 11, 2006 03:41 PM