Feb 27, 2011, 10:02 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

Rotormast V-22 scale fuse project

I have been flying the profile version ,,,but winter has set in with 24" of snow ,, minus temps and 40 + winds ,,, it is time to scale out the fuse .

Toledo expo is coming and Tom (the owner of rotormast ) and I are going to be there with a booth showing off his product
Hope to see a few of you guys there

It will mostly be opening up fuse vents and a cockpit of some type .

This will not be a full blown scale as it is a 450 size cockpit and these big old hands and eyes, don't do well with that size scale anymore and I only have one month to get done what I need to .

Here are a few cockpit components that I have from Sat. work

enjoy
to remove ads between posts
Mar 01, 2011, 08:46 PM
Thread OP
Little more done on seat detail .. and will stop here until rest of stuff is done .. don't want to spend to much time on any one spot and not get it done for Toledo
Mar 02, 2011, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by v22chap
Little more done on seat detail .. and will stop here until rest of stuff is done .. don't want to spend to much time on any one spot and not get it done for Toledo
Very cool stuff! I know what you mean about getting bogged down in details. I really want to have the Cheyenne ready for Toledo, but it's a lot to get done in 4 weeks.

I spent time last weekend molding another fuselage and reconfiguring the tail rotor control linkage to let it fit in the tight space. But I need to lay off these details and focus on the larger issue of getting the body completed.

Jim
Mar 03, 2011, 04:47 AM
Fanboy
Nice work Larry! Love the detail in the seats.

Mike
Mar 03, 2011, 06:38 AM
Thread OP
Thanks guys !!! Yes ,, I love details ...but love it better when I have all the time in the world to do it .

Jim
I hope you bring the cheyenne ...even if it isn't complete ,,IE all controls hooked up and flyable ... I know that is one of the rules on some of the static shows... but unless they have changed ,,, Toledo doesn't ask ,, I won 2nd place heli in 91 and didn't even have a motor in the bird or servo's because I ran out of time .(because of detailing )

At least stop by the booth and say hi and talk about the Cheynne ,, I have a Schluter remake size to shoe horn my Bergen Tazer into one of these yrs and we need to talk !!!
Mar 03, 2011, 06:55 AM
Fanboy
I see the pen the pilot is sitting on has his name on it.
Mar 03, 2011, 07:44 AM
Thread OP
Mike ... that was accident .. not detail Had to laugh when I looked at that too !!!!
Mar 03, 2011, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by v22chap
At least stop by the booth and say hi and talk about the Cheynne ,, I have a Schluter remake size to shoe horn my Bergen Tazer into one of these yrs and we need to talk !!!
The Cheyenne will be there whatever its state. I'm pretty sure I can complete the body, but I really want to have it flying. I'll look forward to comparing machines. The V-22 is a really impressive project.

Here's a shot of the Cheyenne. I'm taking the next two days off, partly to give this project a kick in the tail. Today's projects are working on the canopy vacuum forming plug and starting to shoehorn the mechanics inside the body.

Jim
Mar 03, 2011, 09:00 AM
Thread OP
Good luck ,,450 scale is really a challenge ..
I love the cheyenne ... it is one of many favorites I have ,,, and don't have the time to devote to them

When I retire (another 3 yrs or so ) I won't have the money or the health probably to devote to them
Mar 03, 2011, 07:25 PM
Thread OP
I know I said I was not going to do any more on the seats ,,but found some seat material and also piping for the hydralic hoses to the seat adjuster cylinders .

Some one needs to be here to stop me I need to get moving on the panel and landing gear on fuse
Mar 04, 2011, 11:46 AM

Focus. Fo-cus!

Larry, I feel your pain. I don't know how it is that even when I'm under the gun on a project, I find myself messing with little details that probably no one is going to notice.

Really, since Toledo is a static show, I should just focus entirely on getting the Cheyenne's body completed, but I keep messing with little refinements to the mechanics.

After 15 months of off and on work, I'm sure looking forward to getting this done...

Jim
Mar 04, 2011, 12:30 PM
Thread OP
Yep .. the few weeks left to Toledo will fly by ,,, no pun intended
Mar 05, 2011, 04:12 PM
That's coming along nicely. Good details going on there.
Mar 05, 2011, 04:25 PM
Thread OP
Thanks ... they are as good as these old eyes and hands can do on a 450 size fuse ... boy I am putting on contorl buttons now and am going cross eyed quick !!!!

Quick Reply