This thread is privately moderated by Hav2fly, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 07:17 AM
Find More Posts by Hav2fly
Discussion

Ben's words- But something to remember

Simple formula to keep in mind for electric 3D:

It takes about 150 watts per pound of airplane to 3D, and most experienced 3D pilots will want 180-200 watts/pound for excellent performance.

I have a custom cnc motor mount and have up graded the motor in my T-28... This was my first experience with electric and I was doing a lot of guessing. This is information I want to remember now that I'm all electric... Maybe a gaser in the future...
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
From my experiences with the T-28, I would recommend not using the CNC motor mount and I stick with the plastic ones that break.

The reason I choose the plastic, is because it will absorb and break (and for $3 per mount, really is not a big deal).

Using CNC mount, you are far more likely to damage other parts of your plane in the event of a nose in crash or a nose over on the runway. For example, I have seen the black motor case develop cracks and break.

...id rather replace a $3 motor mount than a $30 fuse
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Please kill isis
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:45 PM
Find More Posts by 619SixFour
Alpine Aero Sqdn.
Did you happen to sell that dual charger you had NIB?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 06:39 AM
Find More Posts by Hav2fly
I did. I will update the post.
Thanks