Mar 23, 2011, 12:24 PM
So HH just released the mCPX and they're gonna allow the TREX 1003G to use DSM2? Does anyone in here actually believe that's gonna happen?
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2011, 12:26 PM
I highly, highly doubt anyone with half a brain at HH would license Spektrum tech to Align to use in a competing model. I'll bet dimes to dollars that IF this thing ever actually exists, you'll be flying it with a bundled (crap) radio. Just sayin....
Mar 23, 2011, 12:39 PM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
This seems to be the device in question:

Quote:
The smallest and lightest 3G system is under processing, with 3-axis sensor and governor function build-in. This new 3G will be compatibled with JR, Spektrum, Futaba remote receivers and etc. In the future, the function of GPS fixed point flight will be add with expand device. You may also use your smartphone or notebook to do the wireless transfer for the settings.
We Plan to release the new 3G System in April. Keep checking our page for updates!
From Align's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Align-...3419543?ref=mf

Whether or not it will be incorporated in the Trex 100 3G is all speculation at this point, but you'd have to think that it would be.
Mar 23, 2011, 12:43 PM
there is absolutely, positively, no way on earth that spektrum is going to license dsm2 to align. simply will not happen. noone with half a brain enables their direct competition to compete on a level playing field unless the gov't makes them. it just wont happen.

unless of course, they do it the "asian way" and simply reverse engineer and steal the tech, which would probably bring mroe lawsuits than it's worth and they couldnt advertise the compatability anyway.
Mar 23, 2011, 12:53 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs
Whether or not it will be incorporated in the Trex 100 3G is all speculation at this point, but you'd have to think that it would be.
If that is the smallest and lightest...they still have a long way to go for a mCP size
Mar 23, 2011, 01:09 PM
If they could even shrink it that much,it would still need a Spektrum receiver,all that is is a flybarless system like any other.What makes anyone think that the 100 3G will have a receiver that is compatible with Spektrum?
Mar 23, 2011, 01:28 PM
I am a bit skeptical they would use a full 3GX system in the Trex 100 3G but it would save development costs as they are close to releasing the 3GX

There is definitely a good possibility that it will be compatible with Spektrum, as an Align employee hinted earlier in this thread. If it is compatible with JR and Futaba, it will definitely be a killer. The question is whether you will need an extra satelitte receiver to do it.
Last edited by zadaw; Mar 23, 2011 at 01:36 PM.
Mar 23, 2011, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw
I am a bit skeptical they would use a full 3gx system in the Trex 100 3G but it would save development costs.

There is definitely a good possibility that it will be compatible with Spekftrum, as an Align employee hinted earlier in this thread. If it is compatible with JR and Futaba, it will definitely be a killer. The question is whether you will need an extra satelitte receiver to do it.
He said that the 3G system shown is compatible with JR,Spektrum,and Futaba receivers,not that the 100 3G receiver would be compatible with JR,Spektrum,and Futaba transmitters.So,the 100 3G will not be able to be flown with JR,Spektrum,or Futaba transmitters.
Pretty simple.
Spreading this kind of bad info will just result in a lot of unhappy buyers.
Mar 23, 2011, 01:47 PM
There are no buyers as the product has not been released. You don't have to make a pre-order until you have seen the full specifications. Judging that the Trex 100 appears to be a big disappointment, there is no guarantee that Align will pull this off this time.

Quote from Post 224 in this thread posted by an Align employee. This clearly suggests that they are working on tranmitter compability for this model.

"Yes, I do work for Align I've never stated that because it was never asked. Now that you have asked I tell you straight YES!

As for your wanting to know at this moment if you can use your current transmitter well that is sensitive information at this moment so I cannot say.

But we do listen about your needs to use your radio, so while I know this does not clearly answer your question I'll say that we are working on solutions to meet our customers needs"
Mar 23, 2011, 02:04 PM
Good luck with that is all I can tell you.
If the TREX 100 3G comes out with the ability to bind with Spektrum radios I will buy you a brand new one.
Mar 23, 2011, 02:04 PM
2 seconds from crashing
To be able to work with the 3 brands each brand would need an ultra micro rx to power it...then align would also need an ultra micro 3gx system small enough for a similar size to the mcp...aint gonna happen anytime soon
Mar 23, 2011, 03:28 PM
If it comes out as an ARF and uses the satelite recievers,like the microbeast does,wont that solve the problem?
Mar 23, 2011, 03:37 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by milmarc
If it comes out as an ARF and uses the satelite recievers,like the microbeast does,wont that solve the problem?
Not for something as small as a mCP...for around a 100 grammer heli ..sure
Mar 27, 2011, 10:44 PM
WOW, Ok I believe I'm all caught up now with these latest CP helis like; the Mcp x and now the Align trex-100 3G! Or unless Walkera will sneak in and surprise us with their version in this scale. I had the privilege in meeting some of the designers of walkera a few years back, and they were very in-tuned with this micro heli craze and technology - even from the "late" famous Pixelito!
Mar 27, 2011, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinbeachman
Good luck with that is all I can tell you.
If the TREX 100 3G comes out with the ability to bind with Spektrum radios I will buy you a brand new one.
I will remember your offer!

Quick Reply