Feb 24, 2011, 02:18 PM
Thread OP
Cool

Futaba 8FG goes to 14 Channels!!

Well you’ve been waiting for it, and here it is…How do you really upgrade an already hot 8-Channel radio? Well you make it a 14-channel radio, add support for Futaba’s CGY750 3-axis system of course, and you do it for FREE!

And that is just the tip of the iceberg, add in the ability to adjust the swash trim from the swash screen, VPP (variable pitch prop) support, stick calibration by the end user, a user customizable menu, the ability to assign any stick, switch or lever to any channel, turn the warning beeper on or off and much more.

The 8FG is now the ultimate 8-channel (ah…14-channel) radio.

Download the latest software from http://www.futabarc.com/downloads.html and put your 8FG over the top today!

The new 8FG Super (8FG with the new software) will be shipping soon for those that are in the market for a new system.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2011, 02:43 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
Thanks for that, Steve. I've been holding out for the non-beta Hobbico version of the Futaba 8FG software upgrade to make sure all the kinks were worked out (if there were any).

As I said over in the main 8FG thread in this forum, I think it's remarkable and unprecedented for an 8+2 channel radio (which by the way was already one of the best bang for the buck radios on the market) to be updated to a 12+2 channel radio by a simple software download, and for free no less!

Thanks again.
Last edited by Wrend; Feb 24, 2011 at 05:08 PM.
Feb 24, 2011, 02:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrend
Thanks for that Steve. I've been holding out for the non-beta Hobbico version of the Futaba 8FG software upgrade to make sure all the kinks were worked out (if there were any).

As I said over in the main 8FG thread in this forum, I think it's remarkable and unprecedented for an 8+2 channel radio (which by the way was already one of the best bang for the buck radios on the market) to be updated to a 12+2 channel radio, and for free no less!

Thanks again.
It really is pretty cool, and I'm not just saying that because I work here.

Steve
Feb 24, 2011, 03:20 PM
who dares wins
Very interesting!
Feb 24, 2011, 03:21 PM
who dares wins
Will telemetry be a downloadable upgrade also?
Feb 24, 2011, 03:24 PM
Steve,
So, with the software upgrade, the T8FG will have the same software as the T8FG Super.

My question is: What's the difference, in terms of hardware (ie: switches, sliders, etc) between the current T8FG and the coming T8FG Super?

Thanks,
Rico.
Feb 24, 2011, 03:25 PM
who dares wins
Quote:
Originally Posted by like2fly!
edit: i just read this
Feb 24, 2011, 03:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoalonso
Steve,
So, with the software upgrade, the T8FG will have the same software as the T8FG Super.

My question is: What's the difference, in terms of hardware (ie: switches, sliders, etc) between the current T8FG and the coming T8FG Super?

Thanks,
Rico.
Rico, you are correct, the software is 100% the same. The only physical difference between the original 8FG and the Super is the left and right sliders. They are a touch longer on the Super.

Steve
Feb 24, 2011, 03:42 PM
Steve, you have an ETA for the T8FG Super?

Doug.
Feb 24, 2011, 03:44 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
Quote:
Originally Posted by like2fly!
As far as I know it's still just speculation at this point. I'll hazard a guess and say that Steve isn't in a position to discuss it one way or the other.
Feb 24, 2011, 03:55 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaluf
Rico, you are correct, the software is 100% the same. The only physical difference between the original 8FG and the Super is the left and right sliders. They are a touch longer on the Super.

Steve
The sliders on my 8FG did start out on the stiff side, but I was able to loosen them up to my satisfaction nicely just by loosening the screws that hold the ratchet assemblies and sliders in place, moving the sliders, then tightening the screws again while I had the back of the case off to adjust the stick tension to my liking.

It sounds like people who get the new model will probably have an easier time of moving the sliders out of the box.
Feb 24, 2011, 03:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougV
Steve, you have an ETA for the T8FG Super?

Doug.
Doug, it looks like the end of April right now.

Steve
Feb 24, 2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaluf

Steve
Quote:
The sliders on my 8FG did start out on the stiff side, but I was able to loosen them up to my satisfaction nicely just by loosening the the screws that hold the ratchet assemblies and sliders in place, moving the sliders, then tightening the screws again while I had the back of the case off to adjust the stick tension to my liking.

People who get the new model will probably have an easier time of moving the sliders out of the box.
Cool so aside from the slider (which I don't really mind) the current and the Super 8FG are actually the same in all functionalities. Wow! I'm really happy to know that.

Thanks.
Feb 24, 2011, 04:15 PM
Suspended Account
Ahh, the 8FG, the ONLY radio that makes me think twice about my trusty A9...

Add telemetry and it's game over.
Feb 24, 2011, 04:16 PM
Because I can!
Quote:
As far as I know it's still just speculation at this point. I'll hazard a guess and say that Steve isn't in a position to discuss it one way or the other.
I dont know...i'd really love to believe it would be, but considering the small amount of screen rel-estate, i don really see it. Also i think we would see updates first come out for the higher end radios first. I mean if i paid that amount of money for the 14 or 12 i'd expect to see it first. I just came from a telemetry radio and i'm in no real rush to go back yet since i barely ever used it, except to diagnose problems caused by the radio system itself. THe only update i'd like to see come is a pause button ....

Quick Reply