This thread is privately moderated by Jim T. Graham, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 21, 2011, 08:10 PM
Test Pilot, Stand Clear
From Ohio, I am the 1181'st person to send the email to congress. I sent the email to two congressmen and one state Representative.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2011, 11:30 PM
KFC
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi
Agreed, the worst thing that can happen to every one now is disinformation and personel opinion being spoken as published facts..

Its a shame that some one has not started a linkable blog spot or even used thier rcgroups blog as a way to post published information with out it being trampled by various people

It would be nicew if there were a time line that were posted of when things have happened and when the next things will happen..

That could go a long way to providing honest facts in a none disruptive enviroment
I agree, Paul! Start a privately moderated thread and use the first post to create an up-to-date chronology (with external references, wherever possible) of the factual information available to us. This would allow everyone to be kept up to speed as to the latest developments and provide an easy reference for future discussion of the subject rather than having to sift through a series of posts to find the latest info on the subject.

I think the most important thing would be to try and be objective as possible about it. An open and honest debate is a good thing for everyone involved. See if dana would be interested. He seems to have a pretty good grasp of the details.
Mar 21, 2011, 11:54 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dana What do you thin k you already have most of the ground work but if you started a thread then updated post one the insuing conversation could go where it wants but we would have a linkj to point folks tp with the body of the research you have done

You dont wnat me to do it im like a gold fish i get distracked easly
Mar 22, 2011, 01:06 AM
Advocating for RC Aviation
It has been my experience here on RCG that the SFAR for sUAS topic has been discussed in a growing number of threads. I think that this is a good thing as it shows growing awareness that something important is happening and that people want to ask, share, learn and discuss what the topic means to them and their leisure time. As the AMA has been showing the UAPO bureaucrats, model aviation is a diverse set of hobbies flying under one flag; the situation here on RCG is similar, many different points-of-view under one RCG banner. I have tried to add both factual background references with links to publicly available documents, and share my own opinions, as have many others. And so I believe we are stronger as a group for encouraging discourse while discouraging the distractions that lead newcomers to the topics astray; those who have been on the relevant threads long before me have challenged each others' beliefs based on the known facts and I have followed those footsteps while making my own, independent assessment of what facts I have found. I have also challenged my peers with my opinions and have been similarly challenged by others and this is all good. Keeps one thinking and is the sure fire way over time to gain confidence in one's own views (not the views that others, including the government, want me to have). And so I say caveat emptor! Comparison shop carefully for information, interests and positions; much as one would shop for radios, models and places to fly them. Good ideas and Good Posting ! Dana
Mar 22, 2011, 07:52 PM

One RC flying hobbyist’s essential guide to federal regulation LOL

Not exactly a chronology and certainly not another thread, but I put this together for what it's worth and posted it in my RCG blog: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...85&postcount=1 Hope this small compendium saves someone time getting caught up.

Good flying! Dana
Mar 23, 2011, 12:03 AM
resU deretsigeR
Thank you Dana,
Mar 25, 2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi
Thank you Dana,
You're welcome Paul. BTW, Rich Hanson has an interesting post up today on the Gov't Relations site: http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutam...log.aspx#32411
Apr 01, 2011, 10:17 PM
Split S
H.R. 658 passed today. But it seems there may be a few more things to go over on the bill.
Apr 02, 2011, 05:38 PM

House approves (H.R. 658)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJohnson
H.R. 658 passed today. But it seems there may be a few more things to go over on the bill.
Update from Rich Hanson:

"At this point both the House and Senate versions of the FAA Re-Authorization legislation will move to Conference Committee to reconcile the differences between the two bills. In conference committee the Senate amendment could be adopted into the final bill in its current form, it could be modified in a compromise between the House and Senate, or it could be deleted from the bill altogether. He are cautiously optimistic the Senate amendment will survive the debate and will be included in the bill when it's sent to the Executive Branch for signature."http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutam...blog.aspx#4211

Good flying! Dana
Apr 03, 2011, 11:43 AM
Thats great news Dana, frankly I'll continue to fly & encourage my son & his friends to fly no matter what "the government" tries to force on the public, enough is enough IMNSHO.
Apr 15, 2011, 11:40 PM
Are we sure the feds arent just trying to sell out spectrum like I mentioned earlier?

http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/...dio29_ST_N.htm
May 07, 2011, 02:13 AM

Congress Reconvenes to Complete the FAA Re-Authorization Act

"After a two week spring break, Congress reconvenes this week and will take up the work of completing the FAA Re-Authorization Act. Both the Senate Bill (S. 223) and the House Bill (H.R. 658) have passed their respective houses and have been sent to Conference Committee for reconciliation. The Senate has officially called for a conference on the legislation and has named its conferees. The House is expected to respond to the request this week. The AMA remains hopeful that the model aviation exemption provided in the Senate version of the bill will be accepted and moved into the final bill.

The AMA Standards Workgroup will hold a special face-to-face meeting with representatives from FAA’s Unmanned Aircraft Program Office next week during the Joe Nall Fly-In in Woodruff SC. The workgroup will meet for two days and will continue its work on developing a set of model aviation standards to be used as an alternative means of complying with the proposed sUAS regulation. The workgroup will attend AMA membership meeting to be held Thursday evening, May 12, at the Triple Tree Aerodrome, and as part of the meeting, the FAA representatives will provide an update on the sUAS rulemaking process and the model aviation standards development. If you plan to attend Joe Nall or if you’re in the area, please come and join us."

-Rich Hanson, AMA Government Relations and Regulatory Affairs Representative

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutam...blog.aspx#5311

Quick Reply