Thread Tools
Feb 25, 2011, 12:39 PM
Registered User
Just a quick question. With the Ice lite 75 work with the Motorlfly 2620
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2011, 01:06 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
3620? yes
Feb 25, 2011, 04:09 PM
Registered User
TG43's Avatar
Wonder what kind of flight times a 3000mah 5s would give?
Picked up a hacker combo from ADC.
Hobbypartz has 5s 3000mah bats for $26. or 3300mah for $48. I'm cheap.
First Slick by the way.
Feb 25, 2011, 04:14 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43
Wonder what kind of flight times a 3000mah 5s would give?
Picked up a hacker combo from ADC.
Hobbypartz has 5s 3000mah bats for $26. or 3300mah for $48. I'm cheap.
First Slick by the way.
for the same power (wattage), it's a thing you can work out... 4S 4000's overall have 16000mah if it were a single cell pack (4000 x 4)... so, 5S 3000, 5 x 3000, 1500mah... pretty close. I fly 7 minutes, so 16:15 on that figure ((7/16)x15) will be 6.5 minutes if you were just as aggressive with the throttle as I am and your plane is set up for the same wattage as mine...
Feb 25, 2011, 04:22 PM
Registered User
TG43's Avatar
Hmm thats really cool. Never thought of it that way. Thanks. Should be a super poweful, light setup.
Feb 25, 2011, 04:51 PM
Triple boxed goodness!
simon737's Avatar
I have the Scorpion 4020 on my 57" Extra using 5s3000 with a 15x9 prop - timer set for 7 minutes usually put back in around 2300-2400.
Feb 25, 2011, 06:21 PM
Registered User
Andrew Jesky's Avatar
I have the Hacker Setup in mine on 5s3900's and I can fly for around 8 minutes and only put back about 2500 mah.

Andrew
Feb 25, 2011, 06:55 PM
Advocating for RC Aviation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jesky
I have the Hacker Setup in mine on 5s3900's and I can fly for around 8 minutes and only put back about 2500 mah.

Andrew
Thanks AJ, I'm going to play in this space rather than go 4S when I get a 59." Dana
Feb 25, 2011, 07:20 PM
Registered User
soundchaser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jesky
I have the Hacker Setup in mine on 5s3900's and I can fly for around 8 minutes and only put back about 2500 mah.

Andrew
Hey Andrew,
Are you running the hacker a40-12s with those 5s lipos? If so,.......what prop size and watts are you producing?
Feb 25, 2011, 10:11 PM
Registered User
xraydoc's Avatar
For any of the team guys that have flown both 4s and 5s setups do you have a preference for one over the other or does it just boil down to the ratio of amps to volts you are running through the esc to achieve the desired power output.
Feb 26, 2011, 12:42 AM
No one has more fun than me
aerosheldon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundchaser
Hey Andrew,
Are you running the hacker a40-12s with those 5s lipos? If so,.......what prop size and watts are you producing?
I wanted to know this also...
Feb 26, 2011, 07:32 AM
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraydoc
For any of the team guys that have flown both 4s and 5s setups do you have a preference for one over the other or does it just boil down to the ratio of amps to volts you are running through the esc to achieve the desired power output.
One good thing on 5s would be lower amp draw, easier on batteries, more consistent power delivery as a result as the battery voltage should hold a bit better. I imagine that might be very important depending on your flying style.
But even on 4s at about 1200 watts this only pulls around 82 amps or so. The 57"SC that I had with the Motrolfly 3625-800 was making around 1200 watts and flew with a lot of power. The Hacker A40-10s on my 55" Edge is a bit less, maybe 1100 watts, about 75 amps. I'm currently running Hyperion 4s4200 35c packs which weigh 449 grams. (My Edge needed a bit more nose weight than the 4s4000 25c Hyperion had).
Rodney is running these: http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...=9&item_id=236
in his 57" SC, they weigh more than the Hyperion and are only 30c 4000s.
Guy is running Hyperion 25c 5s3300's in his 57" SC, they weigh about 455 grams. So the weights are pretty comparable from 4s to 5s.

I don't think 75-80 amps is too bad out of a 4000 pack, around 20c, and I like the flexibility of being able to double up for 8s someday maybe so I stuck with 4s personally.
Feb 26, 2011, 08:16 AM
Registered User
Quote:
and I like the flexibility of being able to double up for 8s someday maybe so I stuck with 4s personally.
I own the 72" 330SC and am doubling up for 8S on the 4S lipos. Looks like I now have an excuse to buy the 59" Slick...I can "single down" on the 4S lipos .
Feb 26, 2011, 10:59 AM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
SalamSyed's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by racin06
I own the 72" 330SC and am doubling up for 8S on the 4S lipos. Looks like I now have an excuse to buy the 59" Slick...I can "single down" on the 4S lipos .
racin06, you can always find an excuse for a new plane. You just got some nice planes; leave some for us man.

Just kidding... the more the better.
Feb 26, 2011, 12:12 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr25
Just a quick question. With the Ice lite 75 work with the Motorlfly 2620
ASSUMING you mean a 3620,
Depending on the prop yes, but an ICE lite 100 weighs the same and dosnt cost that much more. I would recommend using the standard ICE over the lite series if you are using the built in BEC. The lite are supposed to have a decent amount of airflow and with the extra stress of the bec would be pushing it. I plan on using standard servos (non-digital) and an ICE 100 with either a 3625 or the new 4315.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamSyed
racin06, you can always find an excuse for a new plane.
. . . I dont have any 5S packs so I should get an Osiris
Last edited by Kachu; Feb 26, 2011 at 12:21 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted 3DHobbyShop 70" AJ Slick bbigdog2243 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 31, 2010 11:24 PM
Video 3DHobbyShop Aj Slick ''Rc Day Two Rockin'' with onboard video Get Real Electric Plane Talk 2 Jun 18, 2009 03:07 AM
Sold 3dhobbyshop AJ Slick Wings Flazo Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 May 16, 2009 10:46 PM
Discussion 3DHobbyShop 51" AJ SLICK - how durable for 3D moves? Voyager 3D Flying 13 May 06, 2009 06:10 AM