Oct 13, 2012, 12:02 AM
Perpetual 3D Noob
I haven't ran the 3620, but the problem some guys were commenting on earlier in the thread is that it can throw the magnets during hard 3d maneuvers due to the high gyroscopic forces, and the shorter can on the 4315 is supposed to fix that problem. I know the hacker runs very hot after flights and most say it is very anemic on power in this plane.

I don't think subsonic planes ships outside of the US but if you look back through the thread there is a guy that has ordered the motors for people and then shipped them out himself.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2012, 12:09 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Personally...I love Thunder Power batteries....yes, they are pricey, but at least in the U.S. they have a great warranty.

As to the Motrolfly 4315-714, which is a "really" good motor for this plane, you can't get them outside of the U.S. That said...I have been known to expedite this for several gentleman in other countries, and would be more than happy to help you get one or more also....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Oct 13, 2012, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddux99
I haven't ran the 3620, but the problem some guys were commenting on earlier in the thread is that it can throw the magnets during hard 3d maneuvers due to the high gyroscopic forces, and the shorter can on the 4315 is supposed to fix that problem. I know the hacker runs very hot after flights and most say it is very anemic on power in this plane.

I don't think subsonic planes ships outside of the US but if you look back through the thread there is a guy that has ordered the motors for people and then shipped them out himself.
That would be me....

SteveT
Oct 13, 2012, 12:11 AM
Perpetual 3D Noob
Here is a reply to a pm about motor spacing. Spacers are about 13mm and were found at the local hardware store. They fit the #8 machine screws perfectly with almost no slop at all.
Oct 13, 2012, 12:14 AM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddux99

Thanks. I will wait and see what Ken says in his email, but they do have a drop down menu for shipping to countries outside the US, its just Australia is not one of the countries for some reason... (maybe Ken got attacked by a kangaroo on a holiday over here?) lol.

But yeah, if cant be done I will see if someone over there will help me out.

Cheers Steve, if no luck with Ken I will probably take you up on the offer mate, thanks. I am sure there will even be a beer (or 24!) in it for ya!)
Last edited by Shirty; Oct 13, 2012 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Update:
Oct 13, 2012, 12:14 AM
Perpetual 3D Noob
Couldn't resist posting this as I am excited like a 5 year old on christmas eve!

My replacement is here!!!!!
Oct 13, 2012, 12:15 AM
Perpetual 3D Noob
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirty
(maybe ken got attacked by a kangaroo on a holiday over here?) lol.

roflmao
Oct 13, 2012, 12:16 AM
KI4KRA
Truly a thing of beauty! Thank you for the spacer length, and the tips for measuring the length needed.
Oct 13, 2012, 12:40 AM
Perpetual 3D Noob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrestud
Truly a thing of beauty! Thank you for the spacer length, and the tips for measuring the length needed.
Anytime
Oct 13, 2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty
Thanks. I will wait and see what Ken says in his email, but they do have a drop down menu for shipping to countries outside the US, its just Australia is not one of the countries for some reason... (maybe Ken got attacked by a kangaroo on a holiday over here?) lol.

But yeah, if cant be done I will see if someone over there will help me out.

Cheers Steve, if no luck with Ken I will probably take you up on the offer mate, thanks. I am sure there will even be a beer (or 24!) in it for ya!)
I don't really think he does, as I have had to ship motors to both England and Russia so far....if he was going to ship them anywhere, I would think it would be England...

SteveT
Oct 13, 2012, 01:17 AM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
I don't really think he does, as I have had to ship motors to both England and Russia so far....if he was going to ship them anywhere, I would think it would be England...

SteveT
Its definately there mate. Just have to go through the checkout process and at billing information, there is a drop down menu that has United States listed but if u click the arrow u get some more countries. Australia is not one of them. Austria is, but thats no good to me unless its a typo... lol.

Maybe cause you already log in with an account and I dont have one?
Oct 13, 2012, 01:34 AM
I have an account.....but I have never heard anybody say Ken would ship overseas....but...hey...what do I know....I'm not Ken...

SteveT
Oct 13, 2012, 01:56 AM
ex-noob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty
Thanks. I will wait and see what Ken says in his email,
Why wait? Here is what it says on the Subsonic website about the 3620,,,
Quote:
Warning

The 3620-750 used for 3D flight will not handle hard 3D maneuvers, damage can result to the magnets and stator if repeated blenders, walls, and tumbles are performed and is not covered under warranty. This motor is meant for light 3D systems where slow light 3D is desired. If you are a "Stick Bash r" go with the 4315 which can handle this kind of abuse.
What more do you need? Go with the 4315 as has already been recommended multiple times. I replaced my Hacker (after it burned up) with it and got a significant power increase.
Oct 13, 2012, 02:03 AM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardog
Why wait? Here is what it says on the Subsonic website about the 3620,,,

What more do you need? Go with the 4315 as has already been recommended multiple times. I replaced my Hacker (after it burned up) with it and got a significant power increase.
Yep. I believe its the 4315 I will go with. Summer is HOT over here and the extra horses couldnt hurt either.
Oct 13, 2012, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.

SteveT
And I was one of them you sent the motor to Thanks

As you say, it's a bit strange they don't ship to the UK. I've been going through the countries they so send to and I really wonder why countries like UK, France, Germany, Australia aren't there whereas places like Japan and Italy are, LOL! Although maybe that's a bug on the website, haha!

Quick Reply