Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:20 AM
Find More Posts by rawfuls
Heli and Car Addict
Discussion

HBFP Mk.I (v1) Frame and Boom Upgrade - V2 frame or King 2/3 Frame?

Finally got the FP flying again, but got a little too cocky on the circuit, and crashed into the thick palm tree we have out front (I hate trees that jump out of nowhere..:thumbdown

Anyways, splintered the heck out of the boom, and snapped right at the frame and boom (where they meet), so a new frame is in order.

I was thinking of the Guru-Z as well, however the parts are hell to find (in the US).

So now it's down to the King 2 or 3 frame (Is it any good? Durable I hope?) or the HBFP V2 (looks beefy, but is it also good/durable?)

My current setup involves Superskids 3D which I would like to fit any new frame with the Superskids I already own...

Power setup:
Burned our 4in1 (used for tail and RX) in line with a 30A Turnigy Brushed ESC to run the main motor.
Main motor consisting of the oldd slowmax, with a GWS (I think) DD setup.

Stock blades + paddles, servos, main gear...

Any suggestions?
Looking to keep this puppy for a long time, and would like it to be as durable yet easy to fly as heck!
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:07 PM
Find More Posts by rawfuls
Heli and Car Addict
Ahh, after some research, the King looks like a huge frame size leap (I think), so it may not be a viable conversion.

Plus you'd have to make some changes to the shaft.

How about changing to a V2 frame?
I'd just need to change the plastic frame, boom, tail, etc?