Feb 20, 2011, 03:01 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
Discussion

attach a picture

Sorry i should already know this but how do i attach a picture from my pc to a post or pm ? i know i can post links from imageshack etc but i just cant see the option to browse my pc for an image.

Help

feeling rather stupid

Scouse
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2011, 03:25 PM
Retired USAF
1: Type out your post as you normally would, and click the "Manage Attachments" button down in the "Additional Options" section below the reply box.

2: Click "Browse" and browse to where the photos are located on your computer.

3: Click on the photo you want to upload, and click "Open".

4: Repeat up to 5 more times using the additional "Browse" buttons.

5: Click "Upload" and all selected photos will upload to RCGroups. There will be a box next to each where you can enter any descriptive text for each photo. Then click "Save Changes" and you'll notice a new hyperlink where you originally clicked "Manage Attachments".

6: Submit your post as normal, by clicking "Submit Reply".

Keep in mind that there is a 136kb size limit for pictures uploaded to RCGroups, so if your pictures are larger than that, you should resize them prior to uploading.

Unfortunately, the ability to add attachments in PMs has been disabled.

HTH...
Feb 21, 2011, 12:35 PM
RCGroups tech support
I must add that the "manage attachments" button is only available if you use the "new reply"/"new thread" buttons, or if you click "go advanced" when composing a quick reply.

It's not possible to attach files to the PMs, it's a limitation of the forum software.
Also, that 136KB file size limit is a "soft" limit - if your image file is larger, it will be automatically resized.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:04 AM
Jjjacksin925
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. It is temporarily hidden while Jjjacksin925 edits it.
Mar 06, 2017, 09:07 PM
Classic wooden RC sailboater
I see many posts with very large images directly in the post. I'm following the directions above and my posts have a small image. How do you get the larger images to post?
Mar 06, 2017, 11:10 PM
RCG Admin
Some people use BBCode to insert a photo like that. We don't encourage that as those large images create problems for some browsers and especially mobile users. Also most times when they do that, the image is not uploaded to RCG, but some other source and if that source is removed, the image is no longer displayed in the post. It also doesn't show up in the list of attachments for the thread.
Oct 17, 2021, 12:32 PM

Room for FightController?

Attached the dimensions of the FlightController.
Oct 17, 2021, 03:42 PM
Paper Plane Scratch Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRCSailor
I see many posts with very large images directly in the post. I'm following the directions above and my posts have a small image. How do you get the larger images to post?
Old post I know but for others in the same situation....

What Jason said but also it depends on what size you originally saved the photo as.

You can add the photo via the "+ Drag Files Here..." and then position the cursor where on the screen you want the image to appear and select the 'paper clip' icon and then select the file name. That will put the image as an inline image and not as an attachment per se. That inline image, depending on size saved, can be enlarged by the viewer.

Name: DSCN2983.JPG
Views: 6
Size: 229.7 KB
Description:
Last edited by Lufo; Nov 12, 2021 at 06:38 PM. Reason: fix broken image link
Nov 12, 2021, 03:35 AM
Suspended Account
I was also interested in this question, thank you))
Nov 12, 2021, 09:43 AM
Nov 12, 2021, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantheflores
I was also interested in this question, thank you))
You are welcome. Image link is now fixed.
Nov 15, 2021, 07:05 PM
So can anyone tell me how to avoid the thumbnails and go directly to posting in the original size?

The file I'm trying to post is less than 1,000 pixels wide.
Nov 15, 2021, 08:45 PM
RCG Admin
We don't recommend it, but you can use BBCode to embed an image if you must. The file must be hosted on the internet somewhere, then use the code [IMG]url of image here[/IMG] and it will put the image in the post like this.

Nov 15, 2021, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
So can anyone tell me how to avoid the thumbnails and go directly to posting in the original size?

The file I'm trying to post is less than 1,000 pixels wide.
What Jason said above.

A reason, a "too large" image would get resized is determined by various factors, one of which is it will break the width boundaries of the forum. This would mean that anyone viewing the image on a device would/could have an image overflow and the browser would/could "break" and not display correctly.

Most forum software have image features that limit how wide a image can be to be displayed. You said your image is 1000 pixels wide, but not how tall. A image of 1000 pixels wide is around 10 inches wide..so, that image would automatically be scaled back by software to a displayable size. In some cases that image can be re-enlarged but the software will handle the actions necessary to properly display the image without breaking the forum visual appearance.

This is why BBCode is discouraged.

Quick Reply