This thread is privately moderated by sky_surfer_fra, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 19, 2011, 04:54 PM
Always looking for lift...
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Helmet Cam

With a view to the coming F3F competitions it became more important to get a chance to analyse my weak F3F flying style.

Most of the time when I fly, I have nobody around me who takes a video from my flight attempts or has at least F3F related knowledge to tell me what has to be changed or improved.

Ok, but what's better than taking videos? In my case I assume nothing...

What to do to follow the plane with a video cam when you have to do both - flying and shooting?
Putting the cam on my head!

Here is my first attempt with my regular cam as there is currently no budget for an additonal small cam available.

Today (2011-02-18) I did a second check flight in the backyard as the camera angle was a bit too high for the first attempt.
Result is quite good and I now have to finish my F3F planes to test the construction at the slope.

Addendum March, 1st 2011:

Meanwhile I had the chance to test my Helmetcam configuration.
After reducing the camera angle by 7° downwards everything works fine.
For the future videos I have to switch-off the autofocus system as "fast" moves without a clear reference point lead to significant fuzziness.

final check (checking F3F appropriate distance/altitude flying)
Helmet cam test with EasyGlider Pro (2 min 0 sec)

1st re-check (camera angle reduced by 7°, checking short distance flying)
HelmetCam 20110219 EPP-Yak (3 min 22 sec)

1st try (camera angle a bit too high)
testing helmet camera adjustment (0 min 51 sec)
Last edited by sky_surfer_fra; Mar 01, 2011 at 04:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply