Jul 22, 2012, 11:02 AM
Just a plane Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeorge
Man tape it on every time or it is a spoiler, with how high ten feet higher when taped front back and center. Hope you get back into it cheers go get them you the man
How do you account for extra height from taping the canopy? Less drag or stiffer pod or?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2012, 12:26 PM
Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by apex
How do you account for extra height from taping the canopy? Less drag or stiffer pod or?
It is not the extra heigt, less drag or stiffer pod though... it is the "extra" points you can earn in case you don't loose your canopy during throw You will "earn" 0 points in case you do without taping it securely in place..
Jul 22, 2012, 12:47 PM
Just a plane Junkie
LOL. Thanks for clarifying.

I have had one flying session without the canopy (forgot it at home) and it wasn't too bad. If I'm flying a task with a lot of quick turnarounds, I tape it. For everything else I leave it untaped.
Jul 22, 2012, 01:08 PM
usaf3kteam
The drag is extra height as when you throw higher than 150' and up the canopy comes up and causes lots of drag. You can here it snap on hard launches that is the canopy. We used how high this is no guess this is a fact. We always tape for contest for that reason and the 0 flight when it comes off in contest. These are facts not rummer or a guess. Thie will be better seen with how high when you are throwing at 190' to 200' below that hard to tell. When practicing our canopies come off on some of the full throws, They lift and slide back allot. Roland come on down and I will show you in person and have BEER.
Jul 22, 2012, 01:09 PM
usaf3kteam
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINETIC
It is not the extra heigt, less drag or stiffer pod though... it is the "extra" points you can earn in case you don't loose your canopy during throw You will "earn" 0 points in case you do without taping it securely in place..
Less drag is more height
Jul 22, 2012, 01:19 PM
usaf3kteam
Roland hope you make fly offs I can not find any scores are they posted anywhere? Wayne sor sorry how bad?
Jul 22, 2012, 02:17 PM
Zeus
Quote:
The drag is extra height as when you throw higher than 150' and up the canopy comes up and causes lots of drag. You can here it snap on hard launches that is the canopy. We used how high this is no guess this is a fact. We always tape for contest for that reason and the 0 flight when it comes off in contest. These are facts not rummer or a guess. Thie will be better seen with how high when you are throwing at 190' to 200' below that hard to tell. When practicing our canopies come off on some of the full throws, They lift and slide back allot. Roland come on down and I will show you in person and have BEER.
Would be too bad, if I would come down and the canopy is taped..... Then the canopy wouldn't come off and no beer would come out......
Jul 22, 2012, 02:20 PM
Where is the lift?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINETIC
Would be too bad, if I would come down and the canopy is taped..... Then the canopy wouldn't come off and no beer would come out......
Too funny! I will make sure that there is beer available in either case...

Charlie
Jul 22, 2012, 02:47 PM
@ George - the final results are in the German Open Thread by Friedmar.
I had no more chance after my stupid mistakes and the bad luck with the canopy...never happened before - but lesson learned ;-)...
I maxed the last round 5 out of 7, so I went home with a smile and my first 4 x 1000 in a contest :-).
@ Charlie - I saw a guy with your name on his shirt :-D...tried to rip it off and send it back to you ;-). But he said he is Uli Freitag and so I left it to him ;-).

May I join the beer meeting ;-)

Cheers, Roland
Jul 22, 2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Wayne sor sorry how bad?
Wing is trashed.
Fuse and tails are fine.
I'll get on Roland's list for a new wing.
Jul 22, 2012, 05:12 PM
usaf3kteam
Roland how was it as far as contest go? Hope you had fun that counts for alot. Cheers
Jul 23, 2012, 01:13 AM
George...it was a lot of fun. Cool people, cool flyin'!!!
Now I know, why you look so happy on the pics here in RC Groups :-D
Jul 23, 2012, 06:40 AM
Where is the lift?
It is very addictive. Yes Roland you are invited to the beer party!

Charlie
Jul 25, 2012, 12:25 PM
Did some flying today on a new field, just outside of Zurich. Counted 36 buzzards (!!) in the same thermal! What a great experience - one could really see where the thermal starts and where it ends.... Thought I'll join them - great flying with the birds. If you look closely, you can find the CX2 in the picture....
Jul 25, 2012, 02:16 PM
usaf3kteam
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzo
Did some flying today on a new field, just outside of Zurich. Counted 36 buzzards (!!) in the same thermal! What a great experience - one could really see where the thermal starts and where it ends.... Thought I'll join them - great flying with the birds. If you look closely, you can find the CX2 in the picture....
Very nice cheers

Quick Reply