Aug 15, 2016, 09:38 AM
Wayne Wimbish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_N
... the 1S flight battery and vario went flying ...
Using a vario in a contest???
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2016, 10:54 AM
You can have a Vario installed, but you are not allowed to use it ...

Bummer, Roy...I hope, you have a good chance for a repair
Aug 15, 2016, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbox
You need a new one Roy.
I have a X2 RDS manufactured by Senior in like new condition that I purchased from Toby about a month before the IHLGF. Besides unless you sell to me as a friend, Armsoar or Aero+ can't sell to me because of dealership agreement between Concept & SUSA for sales in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwimbish
Using a vario in a contest???
Vario was turned off so it was being used as ballast so I didn't need to rebalance the plane for the contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo340
Bummer, Roy...I hope, you have a good chance for a repair
Thanks for Chris B, I have the nose peice that broke off. Chris found it while timing for Dave the following round. I thought the nose was gone forever and I would be purchasing a new fuse. Time to read Lawrence's fuse rebuild in the X4 thread.
Aug 18, 2016, 02:36 AM
AERO+
Aero+ directly sell to global market now, with the RDS and PLUS version CX 2/3/4, to cut down the retail price for costumers.

And as we still have good relationship with SUSA, the RDS version CX2 can be only got through them by the end of the year. but if you want the new PLUS version you can get them from us.

Here is the new price of the series.
Last edited by nickbox; Aug 18, 2016 at 02:46 AM.
Aug 18, 2016, 10:45 AM
Thanks Nick.
Last edited by Roy_N; Aug 19, 2016 at 11:00 AM.
Aug 21, 2016, 12:32 PM
Took my #1 CX2 to the contest in Olympia, WA. Had a mid-air in the fourth round. Broke the other person's wing in two at the aileron servo cut-out. The damage to my CX2 was a crack in the leading edge and a few small cracks in the CF near the leading edge. The crack in the leading edge is about 3cm from the center of the wing. Can I get away with CA'ing the cracks or is the leading edge a CF rod and need a small CF wrap around the leading edge?
Aug 22, 2016, 05:02 AM
Could you post a picture, Roy? But usually CA is sufficient if you save the LE with some thin tape after the repair...

Rollo
Aug 23, 2016, 08:22 AM
After putting CA on the cracks, a photo didn't show the cracks any more. I'll assume there aren't any structural issues and put tape over the affected area and fly the plane.
Sep 10, 2016, 10:52 PM
Flew my X2 in the Seattle Area Soaring Society 2-day contest today. With one day in the books, I'm currently 13th with 90%. Will hopefully make good decisions tomorrow and move into the top 10 so I can participate in the fly-off's. Loving my Senior manufactured RDS X2.
Sep 11, 2016, 02:48 PM
I' ve got a plane to catch...
Today, I took my CX2 as 'spare' plane to one of our national contest. We had a lot of drizzle the first half of the day, but with almost no wind. So I decided to fly the CX2

Wow, this thing rocks...

As an unexperienced contest pilot ( but with a very experienced coach, most of the time) I managed to end over 80 % for the first time!

The plane got some attention too. I guess most of the contestants was flying Helios2 (Belgian manufacterer), and mine was the only 'low wing'. Also got some nice comments of my coach on how nice it looks and how 'clean' it flies...
Sep 12, 2016, 07:33 AM
There is certainly something about the 2 that makes it 'rock'. From what I can see, it seems even most of the team pilots prefer the 2 over the 3 and 4 for most conditions... admittedly I haven't spent a lot of time getting to know all three models inside out simply due to lack of time, and preference to sticking to one model for long(ish) periods of time, but everyone who has flown the 2 have commented on how balanced it is. I bet the balanced nature of the CX2 is what has kept it in the upper ranks of DLG's for such a long time. It's a classic

Quick Reply