Fan-fold only in bundles?! - RC Groups
Aug 04, 2003, 02:05 AM

Fan-fold only in bundles?!

Been looking at all the cool fan-fold projects and decided I'd like to try and build something out of it, so I went out shopping for some. The only thing I can find are 4'x50' bundles for $30.

Does anyone know where I could find smaller amounts? I'd like to try this stuff before I go for the bundle.

Thanks for any suggestions, BTW, I tried a couple of building sites w/ no success...
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2003, 02:50 AM
Veni, Vidi, Fragoris
Nope, unless you ordered some Depron or something, that's how FFF comes.

But think of it this way: any kit you buy is going to cost you at least $30, and with FFF you can easily make 20+ planes from a bundle. If you don't like it, someone in your area will probably gladly take the rest of it off your hands. Or find someone and split a bundle.

My problem is that I drive a Honda Civic and a whole bundle won't fit in the car

Chris
Aug 04, 2003, 02:56 PM
$30!!!!!!! I paid $60 buy a truckload!!
Aug 04, 2003, 03:54 PM
Yeah, your right, I should just break down and buy a bundle, I've seen so many great things done with the stuff that I can't go wrong. Actually, at a farm supply store here I can get them for $26...just found that out today...!
Aug 04, 2003, 06:30 PM

Just one bundle?

I suspect that once you have your first 3F plane built and flying you'll wish you had bought 2 bundles. The planes build fast and you can go through a bundle very quickly. Amazing how much fun you can have with 30.00 worth of expanded polystyrene!

JT
Aug 04, 2003, 09:33 PM
Rehab is for quitters
Hate to gloat but I get my FFF free....sister in law's hubby is a contractor and I get all the scraps...can't complain about that!

Dave...
Aug 04, 2003, 10:16 PM
For $26 bucks you will have countless evenings and saturdays complete entertainment