Feb 18, 2011, 09:03 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

7 ft foam and balsa eagle.

Having seen several EPP eagles, figured I might do a variation on the theme, but bigger and Depron and balsa. Brushless in the nose with a 9"x6" APC. So far it looks like this. The tips have a bottom surface of "Mirralyte" paper-thin birch ply to strengthen the vunerable tip feathers against damage.
Last edited by macboffin; Feb 18, 2011 at 09:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2011, 09:44 AM

Nice work

Looks great Macboffin. Really nice paint work. I've been tempted to come up with something like that after seeing various other birds of prey here on rcgroups.

I attempted a bird like paint job on my last Alula (plus some slightly crazy colour choices).

I see you're in North London. I'm in Highgate. Do you fly at a club or somewhere else?

Thanks for sharing,

Wij.
Feb 18, 2011, 12:49 PM
treefinder
Awesome paintwork! That'll be something to see in the air, get vid!
Feb 18, 2011, 07:04 PM
Nice, nice, nice!
If you have drawings or sketches I would like to build one too.
Do you think that your model can be used as slope soarer?
Feb 19, 2011, 05:56 PM
Thread OP
I think it would be a good slope soarer, might need some ballast. This one will be about 1 kilo weight, including motor, 3c battery,d/x and four mini servos, and two cameras and a 1.5 gigs vid tx. (I view vid cam down-link via "magic goggles.) 2 metre span, wings plug into body via the extended carbon tube spars, vee tail secured by two 6mm nylon bolts.
Yes, drawings with dimensions no problem, I will post them later.
Feb 20, 2011, 04:55 AM
Thanks, waiting for them!

Quick Reply