Lets have some fun with mystery aircraft. - Page 101 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 16, 2003, 05:00 AM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
Quote:
Originally posted by Nieuport29

A crop-duster
(These things all look the same to me - ugly ugly ugly. )
Embraer EMB201A Ipanema
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2003, 05:41 AM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
Quote:
Cool - thanks. Now if that will work full size I might be able to convinve the museum here to restore their J.1
I've heard of a guy using individual spaghetti strands-might want to make sure there's no mice in the museum...

Quote:
What the Stuka should have been.
Breda 201 Picchiatelli-prototype dive bomber (a copy of the JU 87)-two built but problems sourcing DB 601 engines so no series production.
Sep 16, 2003, 05:54 AM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
Quote:

Intended for a seaplane carrier that never carried any seaplanes...
I've found quite a bit about seaplane carriers-Wei Sheng class-scuttled in 1937-but nothing about this plane-most of the sites I've visited mention US/Russian/Italian planes in Chinese service but I cant find this one

Rich
Sep 16, 2003, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Large One

Breda 201 Picchiatelli-prototype dive bomber (a copy of the JU 87)-two built but problems sourcing DB 601 engines so no series production.
The available engines were probably reserved for the fighters. I have heard the Italians had some problems with their engine production levels and they ended up relying heavily on the Germans.

That it is - very cleaned up from the 87 though.
I don't know if I would say it was a copy, perhaps more of a derivitive or development.

The Chinese biplane is the Nin Hai of 1933. I doubt many were built even with the aircraft supply problems the Chinese were facing, as it was very slow.
http://www.angelfire.com/sports/aero...930_ninhai.htm
Sep 16, 2003, 05:37 PM

Virus Problems

Sorry Fellas

Lost our connection yesterday so couln't get on. Seems ok now but I have a 2 day course to teach so will just get on at lunch to check up on you lol.

The skinning was in the Nov/Dec 94 copy of Electric Flight Magazine and it looks great on the Handley Page HP42 Helena with 4 Graupner 600's.

The tool was something like this?
Sep 16, 2003, 05:40 PM
And for all the Aussies out there don't miss ABC tonight 8.30.
They have the Dambusters special on......
Sep 16, 2003, 09:55 PM
My first though when I saw it was British Ercoupe?

I think every aircraft this company did was obscure. This is the third of their designs to be posted here.
Sep 16, 2003, 10:13 PM
This one begs the question - why? What use could this aircraft have been, and fixed gear?
Very appropriately named.

Funnily enough when I was researching this I found an MS FS model of this thing, and a French discussion similar to this one, but from last year. I will post the URL for it when someone identifies this thing.
Sep 16, 2003, 10:17 PM
Hmmm would have to be named Dog then??? Or a French name? LOL
Sep 16, 2003, 10:19 PM
What the...
I've been hanging out in the ugly British section of the web so here's another...
Sep 16, 2003, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BennyLaird
Hmmm would have to be named Dog then??? Or a French name? LOL
It was so bad that even the aircraft that beat it out for production was withdrawn before the war was even over.

Here's one so obscure I probably wouldn't have been able to identify it had it not already been named. (I have never heard of the company before)
Sep 16, 2003, 10:34 PM
I saw a drawing of it recently have to go back through my history and try and find it.

The "Dog" looks to have a lot of power and STOL wings but just guessing.
Sep 16, 2003, 10:41 PM

Not a Mystery

The tag was stuck in mud but it looks like sand to me, I just like the pic
Sep 16, 2003, 10:44 PM
Hmm Siebel rings a bell, just off looking though.
Sep 16, 2003, 10:51 PM
No Siebels
The 'Dog' did indeed have a lot of power, and a variable incidence wing to boot.