Thread Tools
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:00 PM
chonyc77 is offline
Find More Posts by chonyc77
Registered User
Discussion

I think i screwed myself on Hobby wireless order.


This is the message i just received after them telling me 3 days ago all went well.

Dear Mr. Katz,
We’re not able to match the credit card information mainly the billing address.
Could you please provide the following card information?
For safety you can send me two emails splinting the card information.
Your order will be shipped as soon as we receive the payment approval.
We’re sorry for this inconvenience, and thanks for bearing with us.

-Credit card type (Visa, Mastercard, etc):
-Credit card number:
-Credit card expiration date
-The 3 numbers on the back of the card.
-Name on the credit card,
-Address that is associate with your credit card,

Kindly,
Susan Wallace
Customer Support and Management

I cant believe this. I ordered these items with two Visa gift cards. One for 500 dollars and one for 300 dollars. I got a conformation notice that the items where processed and on their way. When i went on the gift card website Hobby Wireless had taken the funds out already.
I then spent the remainin 25 buks on card and threw them out. OMG!!! I cant believe this... What the hell do i do. Please someone help me. Im having a heart attack. What do i do?????
Last edited by chonyc77; Feb 17, 2011 at 05:20 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:09 PM
lichy is offline
Find More Posts by lichy
Registered User
lichy's Avatar
calm down. put all this in an email, and wait for things to sort themselves out. nothing to panic!
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:09 PM
Kmart is offline
Find More Posts by Kmart
Registered User
Kmart's Avatar
Hobbywireless is a good company, they will treat you fair. Explain this same story to them.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:12 PM
CaliDave is offline
Find More Posts by CaliDave
Registered User
CaliDave's Avatar
With some gift cards they will support you and your purchases. While you don't know the numbers that's tough, but if you contact them and explain your situation they too may be able to pull the transactions based on purchases, dates and vendors to help you out.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:15 PM
paintball_kidz is offline
Find More Posts by paintball_kidz
Epic Huckin'
paintball_kidz's Avatar
You should change the title, you make it look like they did scammed you.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:17 PM
chonyc77 is offline
Find More Posts by chonyc77
Registered User
Thanks guys but im going crazy here. I saved for such a long time only for this to happened. They sent me a message saying it all wen through and i was expecting it tomorrow since that would have been the 4th day since conformation. When i checked ont he Visa giftcard website it even seemed like they where able to grab the money. Then i get this message today. I cant believe this. I dont know what to do..... Wow!
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:19 PM
chonyc77 is offline
Find More Posts by chonyc77
Registered User
Well what the hell could i do now??? What would yoiu guys do? I cant believe this. I was so looking foward to it too. Damn this sucks big time!

I dont get it. They are saying the credit card has to match the address. What a address? Its a gift card. Wow i hope all this works itself out.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:23 PM
Po73 is offline
Find More Posts by Po73
Thou who know not
Po73's Avatar
I would call them at (210) 445 0947 during business hours. It shouldn't be too hard to work out.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:40 PM
flyboy321 is offline
Find More Posts by flyboy321
RC = FUN
So you put $800 into credit cards (gift cards?)

Why didn't you just put them into a paypal account? -Tyler
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:51 PM
chonyc77 is offline
Find More Posts by chonyc77
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy321 View Post
So you put $800 into credit cards (gift cards?)

Why didn't you just put them into a paypal account? -Tyler
I do all with gift cards and never had a problem. I just cant believe that they told me all went through ok which caused me to throw out cards then this garbage happens.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 09:11 PM
vertcnc is offline
Find More Posts by vertcnc
Registered User
I would just get a copy of the transaction showing Hobby Wireless receiving the funds and provide them with a copy.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 09:57 PM
borneobear is offline
Find More Posts by borneobear
Oopss. Oh well.
borneobear's Avatar
Bought from HW before and it was all good.

The fact that they contacted you says they want this resolved as much as you.


BB
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:24 PM
LHTPlane is offline
Find More Posts by LHTPlane
Any excuse to fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by chonyc77 View Post
This is the message i just received after them telling me 3 days ago all went well.

Dear Mr. Katz,
We’re not able to match the credit card information mainly the billing address.
Could you please provide the following card information?
For safety you can send me two emails splinting the card information.
Your order will be shipped as soon as we receive the payment approval.
We’re sorry for this inconvenience, and thanks for bearing with us.

-Credit card type (Visa, Mastercard, etc):
-Credit card number:
-Credit card expiration date
-The 3 numbers on the back of the card.
-Name on the credit card,
-Address that is associate with your credit card,

Kindly,
Susan Wallace
Customer Support and Management

I cant believe this. I ordered these items with two Visa gift cards. One for 500 dollars and one for 300 dollars. I got a conformation notice that the items where processed and on their way. When i went on the gift card website Hobby Wireless had taken the funds out already.
I then spent the remainin 25 buks on card and threw them out. OMG!!! I cant believe this... What the hell do i do. Please someone help me. Im having a heart attack. What do i do?????
Why would you post this up, You didn't get screwed by anybody. Contact Hobby Wireless and keep this kind of BS off the forums. Geezze...There not out to screw anybody.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:34 PM
chonyc77 is offline
Find More Posts by chonyc77
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHTPlane View Post
Why would you post this up, You didn't get screwed by anybody. Contact Hobby Wireless and keep this kind of BS off the forums. Geezze...There not out to screw anybody.
Ok maybe i worded it wrong. I dont think they are out to screw me especially since this retailer has ben recommended and used my a large numbe of the community on this board. What scares me is that i mite have screwed myself.

When they sent me a conformation message saying all is well with order i thought that was the end of it. I then swiped the rest of the funds at my local business and threw the card away in the trash guessing it was all said and done. Now i get this message asking fo card numbers and security codes i dont have access to anymore and visa pre-paid card company wont give them to me..

Ill call them tomorrow. I hope this could be resolved. Ill fill you guys in. I doubt a reputable company will screw me.

Thanks for advice guys,,,
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:37 PM
aviatordave is offline
Find More Posts by aviatordave
I AP'd myself again......
aviatordave's Avatar
Change the title!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Careful! Why you should think twice before buying from hobby king GNU HobbyKing 12 Feb 05, 2011 12:45 AM
Discussion wheels and tyres for traxxas erevo bl 1/10 plz help me out before i spend loadsmoney stampede vxl Off-road Cars 8 Oct 23, 2010 12:07 PM
Buyer Beware!!!! I got screwed out of $500.00 bucks Mach Z Dock Talk 18 Nov 11, 2007 09:41 AM
Check these links out (Trick 800 and Eagle) I think Bill Germanson Foamies (Kits) 0 Sep 23, 2003 04:30 PM
To everyone that ordered a wireless camera from me. plz read reznikvova Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Feb 27, 2003 05:37 PM