Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 15, 2011, 11:45 PM
Hey, Watch this....
Download

CT6A or CT6B Programming Software

I have developed some software for the CT6A or CT6B transmitters which are under various brand names like Exceed and Hobby King. I didn't like the available software so I created this one for myself. I have since upgraded my transmitter, but thought some might be interested in this software. It is windows based and may require .net installed as a pre-requisite. I am continually updating this application to improve it. Model name Tags: FlySky FS-CT6A and FS-CT6B, HobbyKing HK-T6A-M1 and HK-T6A-M2, Exceed FS-CT6A and FS-CT6B, Turborix TBXT6, Storm ST-06TX, CopterX CX-CT6A and CX-CT6B, Jamara FCX 6 channel.

Let me know what you think. I am looking for all kinds of feedback.
If you like this enough to want to donate to my flying fund, send some via PayPal.

Features:
A tree view of Configurations for fast access.
Make changes without the transmitter connected and post the changes to the transmitter later.
Helicopter and Airplane configuration capable.
Template Creation and Use for faster setup of aircraft.
Import and Export of Configuration and Template files to Share your Setups.
Import files from the T6Config application.
The application is self updating. When you run the application, it will update itself from the internet when a new version is available.

*** INSTALL Instructions ***
The driver for the transmitter USB cable needs to be installed first. There are 3 different ones as noted on http://www.mycoolheli.com/t6config.html. Try them until you find the right one. Download the "T6 Configuration.zip" file from here. Run the "T6 Configuration.application" file after unzipping.
If you get an error about a missing dll (System.windows.forms.datavisualization). Download and install MSChart.exe.
Here is .Net 3.5 SP1 If you need to install it.

You can install from this location: T6 Configuration
If that doesn't work, download the zip file.

Note: The Templates are zipped and need to be unzipped prior to importing into the application.

Channel granularity is 1024 steps... FYI.

Configuration Tab - Columns
Rev - Reverse the servo movement direction.
Sub Trim - Fine Tuning the Servo Arm Starting Position. Adjustment is -120 steps to +120 steps.
End Point 1 - How far the servo will move before stopping when the controller is moved full in one direction. Value is 0 to 120%. 120% does not mean the value will be larger than 1024 or less than 0.
End Point 2 - Same as End Point 1, just in the opposite direction.
DR On - When a switch that is assigned to Dual Rate is switched in the on position, this setting can reduce the End Points by this percentage.
DR Off - Same as DR On, but when the switch is the other direction.

Configuration Tab - Functions
Although they have limited options, they are most useful in the Mixers Tab.
Variable A - Can be set to Pitch Adjust for helicopter configurations.
Variable B - Same as Variable A.
Switch A - Can be set to act as a Dual Rate switch (acro,heli), Throttle Cutoff (acro,heli), or Normal / Idle Up (heli).
Switch B - Same as Switch A.

Configuration Tab - Type
Mode - This changes the channel number configuration of the transmitter. The most common US version would be Model 2 with the throttle on the left-vertical axis. The most common used outside the US is Model 1 with the throttle on the right-vertical axis.
Configuration - Choosing Acro is the standard for airplanes. The other 3 are for Helis with different swashplate configuration. The Heli configurations automatically add mixing to the channel output
Downloaded over 15,000 times, thanks everyone!
Last edited by charlesconklin; Jan 07, 2017 at 01:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2011, 07:41 AM
Great Job!!!
Feb 16, 2011, 07:45 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
If it works, it certainly looks better than T6Config. I personally use DigitalRadio.

As far as suggestions, it would be nice to have the channel movement bars bigger, and/or also display the raw A/D numbers (0 to 1024) for more precise channel positioning.

Also, don't forget to add the joystick calibration function.
Feb 16, 2011, 09:20 AM
BUZZ KILL
Thanks, I can't wait to try it!
Ryan
Feb 16, 2011, 12:00 PM
Hey, Watch this....
If I knew DigitalRadio existed, I probably would not have written my own.

I think I am going to move the channel movement bars to the transmitter info tab. I really don't like what is on it now. I can make them bigger on there, but then you would have to switch to that tab.

I didn't know there was an ability to Calibrate. Does anyone know where I can get documentation on it? I would need Data stream information.

Thanks.

Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John
If it works, it certainly looks better than T6Config. I personally use DigitalRadio.

As far as suggestions, it would be nice to have the channel movement bars bigger, and/or also display the raw A/D numbers (0 to 1024) for more precise channel positioning.

Also, don't forget to add the joystick calibration function.
Feb 16, 2011, 12:16 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesconklin
I didn't know there was an ability to Calibrate. Does anyone know where I can get documentation on it? I would need Data stream information.

Thanks.

Charles
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3228
Feb 16, 2011, 12:32 PM
Hey, Watch this....
Nice, thanks. I'll look into this tonight.

Are there any other commands that you know of?
Commands: "Download Config", "Upload Config", "Start Calibrate", "Stop Calibrate"
Return Streams: "Config", "Control Positions"

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John
Last edited by charlesconklin; Feb 16, 2011 at 12:42 PM.
Feb 16, 2011, 03:24 PM
I must be retarded. I can't get it to work. I keep getting a "application requires that assembly System.windows.forms.datavisualization Version 3.5.0.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache first"

Happened on Win7 64 and win xp 32
Feb 16, 2011, 04:15 PM
Hey, Watch this....
Do you have .Net 3.5 installed? Download and install MSChart.exe after making sure .Net 3.5 is installed.

I'll fix the installer to make sure that it is included.
Feb 17, 2011, 01:24 AM
Hey, Watch this....
OK, I added the Calibration option. I do not know if it works. I gave my CT6 transmitter to my brother and need to borrow it from him for testing.

I also noticed part of the Heli tab was not getting saved. I fixed that.

I added the missing DLL in the installation.

The application is self updating. You should only have to run the application and it should download the update. If it doesn't, just download the zip again. I have updated it as well.
Feb 17, 2011, 01:39 PM
master of the universe
wow this is awesome!
Feb 19, 2011, 12:33 AM
Hey, Watch this....
Ok I have made some changes to the application:

1) Changed the way the channel movement bars look and work for readability.
2) Added Template capabilities
3) Switched from registry based storage to file based.

Please let me know if you find any issue or have any recommendations.

The application is self updating. You should only have to run the application and it should download the update. If it doesn't, just download the zip again. I have updated it as well.
Feb 19, 2011, 05:05 PM
Hey, Watch this....
I rewrote the way data is bound to the controls (programmer stuff) since some of the controls were not persisting data. You may not see much difference but it works much better internally. I knew it was quirky, but I didn't care as I was the only one using it. Now since I have posted it here I didn't think it was acceptable. Try it out and let me know what you think.

I am going to add the ability to Import and Export Templates and Configurations. That was we can post the configurations for other people to use.
Feb 19, 2011, 07:18 PM
BUZZ KILL
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesconklin
I am going to add the ability to Import and Export Templates and Configurations. That was we can post the configurations for other people to use.
That will be hot! Thanks for taking the time to do this especially since you don't have a radio that uses this programming.
Ryan
Feb 19, 2011, 07:45 PM
Hey, Watch this....
I Borrowed the one I gave to my brother so I can test properly. I might just pick up another so my son can fly with me.

Quick Reply