Feb 12, 2011, 10:54 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Budd Light - Video of my Funder & Lightning (SPAD Coroplast version)

My plane is named "Budd", after the politician whose camppaign sign was used for the wing. It has a 36" WS and is made out of 4mm Coroplast

I decided to set it up for night flying, using the HK LED strips wired directly into my 3S balance plug.
It was way to windy to get any good flying in, but I had to try it out before the solder cooled off ...

Video was taken from a keychain camera mounted on my hat. I'll get better video next time.

I'll have a Budd Light ... (1 min 56 sec)

Second time out. Not near as windy as my first flight.

I also added some light strips to the top of the wing - I had concentrated the lights on the underside & tips. What I didn't realize is how much time the top of the wing is exposed during turns & climbs away from you. Much better visual presentation to process.

Another Budd Light, please ... (1 min 33 sec)
Last edited by gatorlynch; Feb 19, 2011 at 03:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2011, 04:01 PM
Thread OP

Last Call for Budd Light ...

Budd, my Funder & Lightning, is doing his best E.T. impersonation on a beautiful night with a full moon.

This will probably be Budd's last flight. My mods & repairs have made it very heavy. Time to try something else.

I am going to transfer the lights to my 2M glider - a Graupner Elektro Junior S

E.T. ??? (2 min 14 sec)
Last edited by gatorlynch; Feb 19, 2011 at 05:18 PM.

Quick Reply