Cheapest gas heli on the market? - RC Groups
Feb 12, 2011, 12:27 AM
Grounded, but hopeful
Question

Cheapest gas heli on the market?

I wonder what's the lowest priced RC gas heli out there that's brand new? I'm just curious..
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2011, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicEV1990
I wonder what's the lowest priced RC gas heli out there that's brand new? I'm just curious..
The Thunder Tiger Raptor .30 ready to fly package at around $600 seems pretty good, parts support etc. I think X heli has an .18 size for around the same price ready to go.
Feb 12, 2011, 07:57 PM
team sleprock
gas are nitro?
Latest blog entry: Mig 29/Su37 super flanker
Feb 13, 2011, 02:35 AM
I second that question WK.

Cosmo, do you mean a helicopter that is powered by a gasoline fueled engine or a nitro/methrnol glow powered engine??
Feb 13, 2011, 03:51 AM
Grounded, but hopeful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclick
I second that question WK.

Cosmo, do you mean a helicopter that is powered by a gasoline fueled engine or a nitro/methrnol glow powered engine??
Like the Raptors, Hirobo Shuttle, AErolus 50, etc...

What I'm trying to say is: non-electric...
Feb 13, 2011, 12:04 PM
team sleprock
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10948

since you over seas allready this 1 prob be reasonable on shipping!

can't help you out on the heli! as I only know what the add says!
Feb 13, 2011, 01:30 PM
The least expensive nitro heli that I've had personal experience with (and it was a good experience) is the JS TZ Frenzy V2. Also available from HobbyKing:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10444

It's a remarkable value, and flies very well.

-Chris
Mar 09, 2011, 03:15 PM
I was just adding up everything I would need to get a Raptor 30 going at Tower Hobbies and the total comes to $1209.84 if I haven't left anything out. That doesn't include a Flight Battery: 4.8V NiMH at least 1200mAh, a charger and fuel.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wto0149p
Mar 09, 2011, 05:57 PM
The lowest priced glow powered helis are the 30 size.

Hirobo has the Evo 30
JR has the Venture 30
Thunder Tiger has the Raptor 30 (but in order to get one that is fully ball raced you have to order it with the questionable TT 39 engine)
Century has the popular Hawk Pro

All can use the same radio gear, gyro etc. so those costs remain the same.

Of those above i have owned and flown all 4 - my choice wuld be the Hawk Pro. Not only does it have the best price, but with the OS37 engine it is a great performer that can take a lickin' & keep on tickin'.
Mar 10, 2011, 01:23 PM
team sleprock
if you check out my hawk pro thread, I don't mind saying yes I had all the radio gear, but for less then a hundo of E-bay and 10 bucks for remote glow adapter, I do plan on ordering a 12 dollar dynam gyro! and eventualy an OS engine!

as of right now I have 110 bucks inta my heli!

tower is a great place! they got alotta my money when I was flying planks,and I bought my nexus from them! but they make there money on extras!

if you don't mind doing some shopping you can cut that down alot!

P.s. if you get the new Hawk Pro! 209.00 shipped it comes with remote glow adapter!
Mar 11, 2011, 08:35 AM
tt has a ready to fly includes everything for 600.00(raptor 30)
Mar 11, 2011, 09:34 AM
btw do you insist on new since there are good used helies available
Mar 12, 2011, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd002
tt has a ready to fly includes everything for 600.00(raptor 30)
Yes, but it has a relatively quirky motor and a questionable, unknown make of radio components.

As the biggest cost and value of any heli combination motor & radio gear, I think one would be better to spend the extra dollars for a combo like this:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1p?&I=LZ1172**

Great heli, much better motor, with radio and gyro gear from a well known and established brand.

The last thing a newbie needs is to save a few bucks in order to purchase frustration later on.
Mar 14, 2011, 03:10 PM
If I could just get my Nitro off the ground I would help find cheaper gas!!
Mar 15, 2011, 11:15 AM

the same gear would be good in any 30 class heli

the same gear also would fly a raptor 30 very well. so you have a idea of the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclick
Yes, but it has a relatively quirky motor and a questionable, unknown make of radio components.

As the biggest cost and value of any heli combination motor & radio gear, I think one would be better to spend the extra dollars for a combo like this:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1p?&I=LZ1172**

Great heli, much better motor, with radio and gyro gear from a well known and established brand.

The last thing a newbie needs is to save a few bucks in order to purchase frustration later on.