Build IBCrazy's Cloverleaf - The ultimate circularly polarized aerial antenna! - Page 51 - RC Groups
Jun 06, 2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks, I will give it a try, if I can find room to put the tx ant underneath. Here is a pict of the tx antenna btw.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2011, 10:14 AM
aka Nigel Uno
10km / 6.2 miles with crystal clean video @ 1.2GHz 800mW

Name: 10Km.JPG
Views: 341
Size: 68.8 KB
Description:

Cloverleaf on the plane and 5 turns helical on rx (the helical was tuned on a different channel)

Shooting for 15km next time with same config

Ciao

Luca
Jun 06, 2011, 12:30 PM
Engineer for Christ
techspy - It might be the camera angle, but it looks like your take off angles are a bit shallow. They should be close to 45 degrees. This is important to maintain circularity.

-Alex
Jun 06, 2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks. I will check them again.
Jun 06, 2011, 03:07 PM
Here is the results from the new 5.8 200mw on the funjet with Clover leaf, very happy with the results

BUT... Second video is a previouse one with normal whip antenna's on, the colours seems alot better, with the Clover leaf they look a bit washed out??

Is it maybe just the weather/lighting conditions?

Clover: Processing.................
Funjet with 5.8Ghz and Clover Leaf antenna test (1 min 32 sec)

Whip:
Funjet with KX171 (3 min 47 sec)
Jun 06, 2011, 09:34 PM
FPV Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports
Got my antenna's on Friday, Thanks Alex!!

Below is my installation into the funjet, nice and out of the way,

Had a quick flight on staurday and it's waaaayyyyyy better than stock whip's! Video to follow,

Cheers
Dion
What kind of range are you getting?
Jun 06, 2011, 11:09 PM
Oh so close!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports
Here is the results from the new 5.8 200mw on the funjet with Clover leaf, very happy with the results

BUT... Second video is a previouse one with normal whip antenna's on, the colours seems alot better, with the Clover leaf they look a bit washed out??

Is it maybe just the weather/lighting conditions?

Clover: Processing.................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwS2DO3dl8s

Whip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WokCLq_1H4Q
Judging from the really long shadows in the first (better colours) video and the much shorter shadows in the 2nd video I would say it is all down to lighting. Much better contrast at the time of day for the 1st video, perhaps even bordering on the "golden hour". Next time do a quick swap of the antennas and then compare and the PQ should be the same.

cheers
Jun 07, 2011, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy
Several things:
#3: you are using Fatsharks (which likely have an Airwave module in them). There are known issues with airwave modules.
-Alex
Hi,
Whats with the Airwave modules? Is there a problem with tx or rx? And is there a way to overcome these issues?
I'm looking into buying ImmersionsRC 5.8 600mW tx (can't decide on rx)
Would CL/SPW combo be good for that?

Thanks
Jun 07, 2011, 05:16 AM
Flying low is expensive.
Clipper99: What exactly defines the "golden hour"? I imagine it's just the time of day where the lighting is perfect for some good FPV, but when is this?
Jun 07, 2011, 06:36 AM
Engineer for Christ
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSa2
Hi,
Whats with the Airwave modules? Is there a problem with tx or rx? And is there a way to overcome these issues?
I'm looking into buying ImmersionsRC 5.8 600mW tx (can't decide on rx)
Would CL/SPW combo be good for that?

Thanks
It's only the 2.4GHz airwave modules that have an issue. I can't remember which ones. Again, it's a sync problem like I had with the Lawmates. Without testing, I can't figure our how exactly to fix it.

There are no known issue with 5.8GHz.

-Alex
Jun 07, 2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttucker
What kind of range are you getting?
Haven't really pushed it, clear up to about 300m
Jun 07, 2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy
It's only the 2.4GHz airwave modules that have an issue. I can't remember which ones. Again, it's a sync problem like I had with the Lawmates. Without testing, I can't figure our how exactly to fix it.

There are no known issue with 5.8GHz.

-Alex
I have 2.4Ghz 100mW FatShark tx and FatShark googles with built in rx and have no luck with CL on rx and SPW on rx, how ever I got good results with SPW on tx and whip on rx, could not say that i got better range, but got almost no multipath problems
It could also be the matter of antennas as I made them my self and have no equipment to tune them
Jun 07, 2011, 05:46 PM
Multi-Rotor Pilot

Video Transmission Quality Question

Hi Guys,

For those of you who have used different frequencies of video transmitters, I have a question. A friend of mine with a lot of FPV experience says that he has noticed a distinct difference in the video quality being transmitted from the same camera when using a 900MHz and a 1.3MHz transmitter & receiver setup. He states that the video picture is of a noticeably lesser quality when being sent through the 1.3MHz transmitter & receiver setup than with the 900MHz transmitter & receiver.
Has anyone experienced this phenomenon ?

Thanks,
Tom
Jun 07, 2011, 06:18 PM
Engineer for Christ

http://www.youtube.com/user/CAGreve1.../0/Y0vWmL_o4Vg
Jun 07, 2011, 07:57 PM
I don't get any sound at all from that. It *looks* like you are explaining something... ;P

Looks like an neat way to assemble the cloverleaf.