Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 22, 2011, 08:12 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureVRPilot View Post
I have ordered the R.V. 5.8 MHZ. transmitter and need detail description on the best type of antenna, its needs to be lite enough for the micro twin mosquito

build the cloverleaf for the transmitter and use a SPW for the receiver. I have heard although not done it that you can just wire it to the transmitter module itself. Use thin wire like 0.4mm as it is so small you have no need for a thicker wire.
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2011, 11:53 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
I ordered a 5.8ghz CloverLeaf with 6" extention for VidTx, and Skewer Planar Wheel with 1" extention for my VidRx.....

but the extention coaxial wire was mixed/swapped !

Will putting the Skewer Planar Wheel (6" extention)
on the VidTx affect my signal?????

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-58...ter-p-179.html

Also,due to the mix up, I have the CloverLeaf (1" extention) on my
FoxTech AOI goggles with VidRx built in.

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/allinone-f...ion-p-258.html
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
May 22, 2011, 02:21 PM
la fabrique circulaire
I just try the SPW on VRX(instead of my GPpatch) and the couple CL VTX/SPW VRX is the winner !!!!

I get same range(maybe more I didn't really try fare)than GPPatch but no need no more to follow the plan direction with my head(I have antenna on my Trimersion head set) so I can stay static and enjoy flying around.

the image quality is also better/GP patch.

GP patch have a way more DB gain /SPW & CL but with his better SWR ,SPW & CL are definitely better.

the only inconvenient is that with GPpatch I use to fly hi around the top of my head(~120 coverage) and know I fly less hi top of head and way more left and right side of me...but if I want to fly hi ,I have to go out of the top of my head...I feel the donuts coverage

I also try a CL on my RC TX(2.4G) with horizontal polarisation(VTX/VRX are vertical on my setup) and also found better range and coverage...

now I have to try the SPW on my both RC RX antenna...

anybody try the CL/SPW on RC system ?
Last edited by terry74; May 22, 2011 at 02:26 PM.
May 22, 2011, 03:12 PM
Registered FPVer :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
I ordered a 5.8ghz CloverLeaf with 6" extention for VidTx, and Skewer Planar Wheel with 1" extention for my VidRx.....

but the extention coaxial wire was mixed/swapped !

Will putting the Skewer Planar Wheel (6" extention)
on the VidTx affect my signal?????

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-58...ter-p-179.html

Also,due to the mix up, I have the CloverLeaf (1" extention) on my
FoxTech AOI goggles with VidRx built in.

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/allinone-f...ion-p-258.html
Don't do it. Fix the problem so as you can have the CL on the tx and SPW on Rx. Range and performance otherwise will be bad.

Markus
May 22, 2011, 08:16 PM
Engineer for Christ
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
Don't do it. Fix the problem so as you can have the CL on the tx and SPW on Rx. Range and performance otherwise will be bad.

Markus
It really won't be bad at all. The only time it really makes a difference is when you are standing right in a seriously bad RF environment. That said, the Cloverleaf is less susceptible to outside influence than the SPW. Since the plane usually has more effect on signal with all the components around it, the Cloverleaf is typically what I recommend.

Admittedly, I usually fly a SPW/helical combo. Works great.

-Alex
May 22, 2011, 08:39 PM
TBS Crossfire or DragonLink?
IBcrazy....

so you sometimes prefer the SkewerPlanar on the VidTx ?

and the Helical on the VidRx.....

I will try that sometimes.... thanks for sharing :-)
May 23, 2011, 12:12 AM
FPV junkie

Alex

I tested my BlueBeam's today.

They worked great.

I only went out about a half mile (First FPV flight ever), but the video quality

was great.

Still neet to get my tracker together with the Helical; In due time...

Mike
May 23, 2011, 12:38 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
It really won't be bad at all. The only time it really makes a difference is when you are standing right in a seriously bad RF environment. That said, the Cloverleaf is less susceptible to outside influence than the SPW. Since the plane usually has more effect on signal with all the components around it, the Cloverleaf is typically what I recommend.

Admittedly, I usually fly a SPW/helical combo. Works great.

-Alex
Depends on how one defines bad then. During our tests, overal range when having SPW on tx and CL on rx was reduced by at least 50% compared to CL on tx and SPW on rx. That was on 5.8Ghz alas don't know if the frequency has some influence, and I also have no idea why the difference was so dramatical.

Markus
May 23, 2011, 05:24 AM
My Goshawk is awesome :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
-
You will want to use a good stiff wire. Copper is a bit too soft, but ok for higher frequencies such as 5.8GHz.
-Alex
KJ4RIV
Alex,
Can you confirm the gauge of copper wire i will need for a 5.8Ghz Clover leaf and a Skew-planar wheel antenna.
I cant find any suitable lengths of memory wire from local stockist to make both, but i have found copper wire in 0.4mm, 0.6mm, 0.8mm and 1.00mm gauges.
I can find some other copper wire with an enamal coating in approx the same gauges.
finally do i need a RP-SMA male to SMA female adapter on the foxtech TX and RX units ?

Are any of these ok to use please can you help me out

Regards
Sebbie
Last edited by Sebbie; May 23, 2011 at 05:39 AM.
May 23, 2011, 05:31 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Okay, here is a short video with my small Quadro Copter.
Legal self made 16mW transmitter with CL and standard 5,8G receiver.
(3 min 57 sec)

Impossible without CP antennas.
May 23, 2011, 05:38 AM
//----\\
BlueAngel2000 - great demonstration, witch camera are you using?
May 23, 2011, 05:41 AM
Flying like an Angel.
thx.
It is in the description.
540TVL OSD camera from security2000 - the perfect standard FPV cam.
May 23, 2011, 05:48 AM
My Goshawk is awesome :)
Your video is great, love the way your getting better range and video quality.
cant wait to build mine soon.
May 23, 2011, 06:29 AM
QiW
QiW
hey blueangel
this camera ?? http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...-Security.html
i have the same one IF yours is the same ... but my picture is nowhere as good as yours ... or maybe my current goggles sucks
May 23, 2011, 07:12 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QiW View Post
hey blueangel
this camera ?? http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...-Security.html
i have the same one IF yours is the same ... but my picture is nowhere as good as yours ... or maybe my current goggles sucks
Yes, thats the cam.

I use the following settings:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...63&postcount=5

Quick Reply