Build IBCrazy's Cloverleaf - The ultimate circularly polarized aerial antenna! - Page 376 - RC Groups
Feb 13, 2017, 04:15 PM
Wallop!
If there are any adverse effects then they will be too small to measure. All the other imperfections are much more important so I wouldn't worry about the wire ends.

Martin
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2017, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygunn
Out of interest, is it important to round off/blend in sharp/hard edges such as those indicated in my photo below? I seem to remember somewhere where it was said that if there are bits sticking out that are not directly part of the antenna array then it can effect the quality.
Only real electronic test equipment can give objective answers, but anecdotal evidence is valid too. Set up a test to record the performance of the hardware, right at the edge of reception. Then make the mod and see if it helps. Better evidence is if you can test 3 completely different antennas.

For 10 minutes work, if it helps then it's worth the effort. It may save a tragic crash.