Yo! - RC Groups
Feb 09, 2011, 11:39 PM
T_Tail
Discussion

Yo!

New here and Live in Nevada City. Where are ridge soaring sites near Auburn Nevada City??
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2011, 12:55 AM
Team Hello Kitty
Hi and welcome to our club forum (so far not too many are using it but I check in here every day).

Not sure myself where the good sloping sites are in your neck of the woods but I suggest you join our club email list here. Then you can introduce yourself and put your question to our group.

Chris B.
Feb 16, 2011, 09:21 AM

Slope Site

Years ago some locals would fly on the small knoll above the overlook at the east end of the Auburn-Foresthill Bridge.

Dudley
Nov 05, 2014, 11:22 AM
They do still fly some slope at the Foresthill Bridge. As you cross the bridge and look up and to the right, you'll see the little knoll that Dudley described. ONce you pass the end of the bridge, the road will start curving to the left, and the parking turnout is right at the beginning of the turn. Someone took the time & effort to hack some "stairs" out of the hillside to get up to the top.

When you land...Beware of poison oak...There's lots of it up there.

Sheldon