Thread Tools
Feb 23, 2011, 06:33 AM
Upstanding Member
Kurt's Avatar
Finally got a S206g yesterday, first tandem since my trusty, rusty Airhogs Tandem bought in 2008.
$28 and one week delivery from bigboytoys (Macaotravel)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Great communication from this seller. I was a little miffed upon receipt that the package had clearly been opened with re-taping and the heli inserted upside down. Everything inside was brand new at least.
Felt a little sheepish Leni responded to my email (immediately) that this is done to provide some extra protection during shipping. Smart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH-64 D
That said, tandems are by design, trucks.
...
A truck can be as much fun as a Porsche
Unless you're referring to a truck's ability to carry a mattress in the cargo bed, I beg to differ.
Nevertheless, the S026g is a sweet chopper
And I prefer Italian cars
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2011, 06:00 PM
Registered User
Fabio1970's Avatar
Hi Guys

I have the Tandem from 2 days and it flight very vell,

I have only a little problem so far, I need everytime to move the rudder trim totally to the right ( from the beginning of the flight ) and it tend to move the nose still a little bit on to the left, it is normal ?

I using it with a Spektrum DX8 and I payed in version BNF 60 euro

here it is a little test flight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXlv4sonlHA

hoping to hear you soon for some suggestion

best regards

Fabio
Feb 27, 2011, 06:03 PM
Registered User
Fabio1970's Avatar
and this is the smaller brother Syma S.026, and even if usually flight with more big helicopters, I must admit that this model is very beautiful.
this is my video, hoping to give other contribute to all of the appassionate of this brand and model:

RC Heli - SYMA S.026 - Micro CHINOOK CH-47.wmv (11 min 1 sec)



regards from Holland

Fabio
Feb 27, 2011, 08:04 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio1970
Hi Guys

I have the Tandem from 2 days and it flight very vell,

I have only a little problem so far, I need everytime to move the rudder trim totally to the right ( from the beginning of the flight ) and it tend to move the nose still a little bit on to the left, it is normal ?

I using it with a Spektrum DX8 and I payed in version BNF 60 euro

here it is a little test flight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXlv4sonlHA

hoping to hear you soon for some suggestion

best regards

Fabio
Hey man nice vids!! As to your question about the trim issue, it is likely due to imbalanced swashplates... If you readjust your swashplates to correct the rotation it will greatly reduce the need for trim and improve performance!
Feb 28, 2011, 08:55 PM
Registered User
Fabio1970's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB
Hey man nice vids!! As to your question about the trim issue, it is likely due to imbalanced swashplates... If you readjust your swashplates to correct the rotation it will greatly reduce the need for trim and improve performance!
today I followed your suggestion, you was 100% right

the front swashplate was bent on the left side, I disconneted the link and shortened up with 3 complete turns........he flies now perfectly and I have the trim of the rudder almost at the centre

thank you so much for your help

W RCGgroups, W all of you

best regards

Fabio
Mar 05, 2011, 02:23 PM
Registered User
Dick Adams's Avatar

R/C Micro World meets Tandem Rescue


For you Tandem Rescue fans, check out the March issue of R/C Micro World. I had a lot of fun designing a "forest fire control tank" that allows Zippy 350 and 400 cells to be used in place of the very average stock battery.

Former AMA president John Worth started this online magazine after the print version discontinued and has done a great job of reporting on this specialty area of our hobby.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RC-Micro-World/

Check out an issue to see if your appetite might be whetted:

www.co-op-plans.info/rcmw/rcmw-visitor.pdf

This month's Heli Corner article is about the mCX Tandem Rescue. (An index to heli articles available is included at the end of each article.) Last month's article showed how to tame the mSR with the use of negative exponentials.

Dick
Mar 05, 2011, 03:56 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Adams
For you Tandem Rescue fans, check out the March issue of R/C Micro World. I had a lot of fun designing a "forest fire control tank" that allows Zippy 350 and 400 cells to be used in place of the very average stock battery.

Former AMA president John Worth started this online magazine after the print version discontinued and has done a great job of reporting on this specialty area of our hobby.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RC-Micro-World/

Check out an issue to see if your appetite might be whetted:

www.co-op-plans.info/rcmw/rcmw-visitor.pdf

This month's Heli Corner article is about the mCX Tandem Rescue. (An index to heli articles available is included at the end of each article.) Last month's article showed how to tame the mSR with the use of negative exponentials.

Dick
OOOH I was looking for an issue of that!!! I watched an old video streaming from an online RC show that had the first showing of the Eflite Tandem Rescue and they mentioned that article!
Mar 06, 2011, 06:38 AM
Registered User
Dick Adams's Avatar

Double the fun!!


Shrub & Fabio:

Glad you started this thread, Shrub. We in the North need something to do inside in the winters, eh? Your photo montage in the early posts is great.

And speaking of great, Fabio's video of the Chinook is terrific! The haunting music and mixes of real world Chinook shots are OUTSTANDING!!

I hope you are working on something similar for the Labrador!!

What I love about flying my Tandem Rescue is the challenge of learning how to do pivot turns around either rotor or the CG, along with the secret for making pure sideways lateral moves. Lots of fun.

Did you know that the designer of the first successful tandems was a fellow by the name of Frank Piasecki? His early tandems were fondly called "flying bananas, " not because of their color, but because of their great upswept fuselages.

It inspired me to draw my first cartoon!

Dick
Last edited by Dick Adams; Mar 06, 2011 at 09:04 AM.
Mar 06, 2011, 07:46 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Adams
Shrub & Fabio:

Glad you started this thread, Shrub. We in the North need something to do inside in the winters, eh? Your photo montage in the early posts is great.

And speaking of great, Fabio's video of the Chinook is terrific! The haunting music and mixes of real world Chinook shots are OUTSTANDING!!

I hope you are working on something similar for the Labrador!!

What I love about flying my Tandem Rescue is the challenge of learning how to do pivot turns around either rotor or the CG, along with the secret for making pure sideways lateral moves. Lots of fun.

Did you know that the designer of the first successful tandems was a fellow by the name of Frank Piasecki? His early tandems were fondly called "flying bananas, " not because of their color, but because of their great upswept fuselages.

It inspired me to draw my first cartoon!

Dick
GO BANANA!!!!

And ya I am cookin something up as we speak, its just been super busy in the camp lately so to speak

SUPPORT THE TANDEMS!!!
Mar 13, 2011, 07:08 PM
Registered User
Fabio1970's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Adams
Shrub & Fabio:

Glad you started this thread, Shrub. We in the North need something to do inside in the winters, eh? Your photo montage in the early posts is great.

And speaking of great, Fabio's video of the Chinook is terrific! The haunting music and mixes of real world Chinook shots are OUTSTANDING!!

I hope you are working on something similar for the Labrador!!

...................

Dick
following your hope.............I'm very proud to show all of you, my last complete video on The " Labrador" ( my previous video posted above on this model was partial and not completed yet ):

RC Heli - E-Flite BLADE MCX TANDEM RESCUE/CH-113 LABRADOR - Part 1 (14 min 12 sec)


hope you enjoy

best regards from Holland

Fabio
Mar 13, 2011, 08:36 PM
Registered User
Dick Adams's Avatar

Vertol videos!


Fabio, kudos, again!

Also, compliments to the camerawoman. Fearless with that dog that had to be the size of a small elephant.

If I revisit the Tandem in a future column, I will definitely steer people to your videos. Great work.

I want to see Tandem pilots starting to do pivots around the front and back rotors. It looks great and is too much fun. If I could fly and video I would show you. Perhaps I will also try to recruit a certain camerawoman.

Dick
Mar 14, 2011, 08:58 AM
Registered User
I now have 2x Heng Kun HK298 Twin Screw Transport Helicopters they are almost the exact same as a Syma S026 except for the odd difference.
Video of a complete charge flight below

Heng Kun HK298 Twin Screw Transport Chinook flight video. (7 min 15 sec)


and also there are extensive pictures and review of it in this thread :----

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1400425
Mar 16, 2011, 02:37 AM
Registered User
Fabio1970's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Adams
Fabio, kudos, again!

Also, compliments to the camerawoman. Fearless with that dog that had to be the size of a small elephant.

If I revisit the Tandem in a future column, I will definitely steer people to your videos. Great work.

I want to see Tandem pilots starting to do pivots around the front and back rotors. It looks great and is too much fun. If I could fly and video I would show you. Perhaps I will also try to recruit a certain camerawoman.

Dick
thank you so much for your kind compliments.....I'm a disperate case.....this passion is rising every-day always more.......my wife gave me an "Ultimatum" .....

ciao

Fabio
Mar 20, 2011, 04:38 PM
Master Of My Universe
scotsoft's Avatar

My Chinook Fleet


I decided to gather my Chinook fleet together for a photoshoot .

The one Chinook without a fuselage is the one I velcro a keyfob cam on

Here are a couple of pictures which show off my addiction to the Chinook
Mar 20, 2011, 09:40 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft
I decided to gather my Chinook fleet together for a photoshoot .

The one Chinook without a fuselage is the one I velcro a keyfob cam on

Here are a couple of pictures which show off my addiction to the Chinook
HOLY JEEZ SCOTSOFT!!!! Wow!! I think you have the largest fleet of sub-micro tandem helicopters ever! (or at least that I've ever seen)

You should try and track down some different color variants to the s026g. I'm itching to see some nice pics of the orange/white one


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Idea Official Hobby King Swarm Sale thread Sid3ways HobbyKing 6725 Jan 18, 2017 09:10 AM
Data Official AXE CPv3 thread. Heli-Max. Surg Micro Helis 5 Apr 07, 2013 01:02 PM
Rave Official GAUI 330X-S Build Thread/ Tips & Tricks EmpireHobby Tech Multirotor Drone Talk 183 May 19, 2011 11:19 AM
Discussion Official!!!!!! Parrot A.RDrone USA owners thread Quad_Addict Multirotor Drone Talk 59 Oct 27, 2010 11:48 PM
Discussion Official Great Planes / Electrifly Evader Thread bastian74 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 1 Sep 29, 2010 12:07 AM