Thread Tools
Dec 19, 2012, 11:56 AM
Registered User
Mud Duck Bill's Avatar
Ok i ordered that motor mount and will add some nose weight to boot. Will let you know how it works out.

Bill
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2012, 08:34 AM
Registered User
Update of my modified geobat plans in autocad .dwg format. If anybody knows how to get them into a printable pdf please feel free to do so.

The geobat was sized to fit onto a 1250mm x 800mm standard depron sheet with a little more depron needed to finish off hatches.

The wooden servo and motor mounts are out of 1/8" ply. Most of the build follows standard geobat depron build instructions, with carbon reinforcements and wood rienforcements. I built mine with hollow carbon pushrod tubes with hidden carbon push rods .

Plans Attachment 5404262

Name: Geobat%20Assembly%202_117.jpg
Views: 139
Size: 121.7 KB
Description:

Name: SNC00358.jpg
Views: 116
Size: 182.1 KB
Description:

Name: SNC00362.jpg
Views: 134
Size: 214.7 KB
Description:

Name: SNC00539.jpg
Views: 164
Size: 196.6 KB
Description:

Name: SNC00540.jpg
Views: 153
Size: 165.6 KB
Description:

Name: SNC00543.jpg
Views: 115
Size: 142.5 KB
Description:

Name: SNC00544.jpg
Views: 123
Size: 140.6 KB
Description:

Name: SNC00546.jpg
Views: 156
Size: 189.5 KB
Description:

Name: SNC00547.jpg
Views: 118
Size: 180.8 KB
Description:

Name: SNC00551.jpg
Views: 149
Size: 217.6 KB
Description:
Last edited by PlutoniumDan; Aug 22, 2013 at 08:30 AM.
Dec 29, 2012, 08:56 AM
Registered User
LannyT2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoniumDan View Post
Update of my modified geobat plans in autocad .dwg format. If anybody knows how to get them into a printable pdf please feel free to do so.

The geobat was sized to fit onto a 1250mm x 800mm standard depron sheet with a little more depron needed to finish off hatches.

The wooden servo and motor mounts are out of 1/8" ply. Most of the build follows standard geobat depron build instructions, with carbon reinforcements and wood rienforcements. I built mine with hollow carbon pushrod tubes with hidden carbon push rods .

Great job. Makes mine look cheep
Dec 29, 2012, 10:01 AM
Taking care of business
Ho-Jazz's Avatar
Clean build Dan! Sweet!
Dec 31, 2012, 12:05 PM
Registered User
Cheers

LannyT2 and Ho-Jazz,

Geobat has some red tape on it now to see it easier ie top and bottom and some carbon landing skids
Dec 31, 2012, 03:06 PM
Registered User
Mud Duck Bill's Avatar
Dan that is a real sweet build !!

Bill
Feb 12, 2013, 10:10 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
pecanpatch's Avatar
I found my GeoBat on the 2006 Higher Planes video
Latest blog entry: 6th Annual South Eastern FPV...
Feb 15, 2013, 02:03 PM
Tesla Battery Nut
I am so building one of these for summer!! I remember going out to see some guys fly these out in the back country of California a few years ago. I remember a yellow geobat with some peeps from Attopilot Intl. Anyone here think they may have been with us? To refresh some memories, we were "herding" cows out in the fields .

Anyone know if Home Depot has some blue fff sheets? I know Lowes stopped selling blue fff a while back. (I plan to build a 36" or 40")
Feb 15, 2013, 05:11 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
pecanpatch's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance.plater1 View Post
I am so building one of these for summer!! I remember going out to see some guys fly these out in the back country of California a few years ago. I remember a yellow geobat with some peeps from Attopilot Intl. Anyone here think they may have been with us? To refresh some memories, we were "herding" cows out in the fields .

Anyone know if Home Depot has some blue fff sheets? I know Lowes stopped selling blue fff a while back. (I plan to build a 36" or 40")
That was me flying the Yellow nitro GeoBat at Santa Ynez airport.
Latest blog entry: 6th Annual South Eastern FPV...
Feb 15, 2013, 11:17 PM
Registered User
Update of my modified geobat plans in autocad .dwg format. If anybody knows how to get them into a printable pdf please feel free to do so.

Dan... Download a free copy of cute pdf writer. It acts like a printer. Just open "cute PDF" when you print, save the pdf, then post it. Others can then print it out any size they want.
Gotta love these Geo Bats!
Feb 16, 2013, 02:18 PM
Tesla Battery Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch View Post
That was me flying the Yellow nitro GeoBat at Santa Ynez airport.
Now I remember. That was a very cool demonstration .


I have several questions to ask of those here who have created Geobats. I hope you don't mind answering them.

Would this type of Depron foam work and be sturdy enough to build with (6mm)?
http://www.rcfoam.com/index.php?cPat...4923578cb5e269

I saw a suggestion on the 20th page of this thread about what servos should be used:
Micro Servo HXT500 5g http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...?idProduct=663
Micro Servo HXT900 9g http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...?idProduct=662

I see that the 9 gram servo has about twice the torque of the 5 gram. Would the strength of the 9 gram servo be used for controlling more than one elevator. . . etc?

I have been wondering what radio controller would be the best application for this project. Does anyone have any suggestions for a controller & receiver that has a long range but will be able to support the number of servo channels? There's a 1/2 mile long field that I would like to put to full use ,
Feb 16, 2013, 02:31 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
pecanpatch's Avatar
Any 2.4 Mhz radio should handle that sir.
Im a Fan of the Spektrum DX8, but the DX7 and DX6 are also solid units.

Yes , the 6MM depron is great for building the standard 36" GeoBat.
I also flew a Blue one at Santa Ynez.

Here is the video from that day
1/4 scale GeoBat -Demo Flight in Santa Yanez CA (4 min 24 sec)
Latest blog entry: 6th Annual South Eastern FPV...
Mar 01, 2013, 11:52 AM
Tesla Battery Nut
Just received the foam yesterday. Hopefully I should have some cut-outs this weekend .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch View Post
I dont split the elevator. I have done one with true elevons....

The Geobat has a slow roll rate. The set up with 2 ailerons on each side is what your looking at. Here is a video of how I did that on a foamie and it worked well.
http://youtu.be/--z-6KnfZ-U
Where would one be able to get the conjunctions and control wires in the video above? (specifically at :43 where the conjunction Is in view along with the wires)
Mar 01, 2013, 12:59 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
pecanpatch's Avatar
I made all that stuff from scratch.
Latest blog entry: 6th Annual South Eastern FPV...
Mar 01, 2013, 01:24 PM
Registered User
what is a good Power Set Up for the 36" Versions, Motor, ESC, Servos, Battery and prop size


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log B-17 Flying Foamie The Legacy Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 43 Feb 14, 2014 08:30 AM
Discussion Which two DW Foamie Models are the Best, and is their a night-flying kit interest? gabrielisrael 3D Foamies 7 Jan 15, 2011 10:49 AM
Video 5.25" geobat flying figure-8's in a 13'x15' living room iter Electric Plane Talk 0 Aug 18, 2006 11:10 PM
RC Vectron Flying Saucer Daniel11 Coaxial Helicopters 19 Jan 02, 2005 05:50 PM