Geobat- Foamie RC Flying Saucer- With Plans - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 14, 2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks for starting this post. Here are some Pic's of my GEOBAT... I enlarged the paper plane version... Do you think that with just large elevon's and rudders this will fly good.. I have a month to finish, as i have plans to fly around the High School Baseball night game.. We have it locally televised and i am having the wife record it at home just in case , I hope the TV crew films it LOL
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2011, 07:55 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
This is one we call the Flipper bat......... Built by Lloyd Snyder.......
It's my night fly Plane.

This one earned me a ride in a cop car one night

It's all fun and games till the cops show up!

GeoBat - RC Night Flyer (0 min 33 sec)
Latest blog entry: My Slow-Boat build log.
Feb 14, 2011, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureVRPilot
Thanks for starting this post. Here are some Pic's of my GEOBAT... I enlarged the paper plane version... Do you think that with just large elevon's and rudders this will fly good.. I have a month to finish, as i have plans to fly around the High School Baseball night game.. We have it locally televised and i am having the wife record it at home just in case , I hope the TV crew films it LOL
That's looking good FutureRVpilot.
Looks like very thick foam What thickness is it?
What Diameter?
Be mindful of the CG and you'll be alright.

Were you the guy building a "Twin" with a Multiplex wing?
Feb 14, 2011, 08:13 PM
Yes i am building a FPV CargoTwin with Multiplex wings, but need to gets this done before baseball get to far along... It is 36" dia. and i am using 3/8" foam and will cover with 2mm depron skin to cover up wires... Leading edge will be rounded. I will install a .15 electric and large prop to keep it quit for night flights. I just might make it FPV down the road so i can learn to do night flights.
Feb 14, 2011, 08:28 PM
To me, every day is Saturday
My Geobat videos. Yes, pecanpatch, you probably have seen these.

Geobat: Flying Saucers Are Real (2 min 40 sec)

Geobat 114th Aero Squadron 05/19/09 (5 min 26 sec)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLyk62KFYWA

Geobat elevons (0 min 21 sec)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA98NNsq0cg

gb
Feb 14, 2011, 08:29 PM
Just tape the wires down man....
Our 36" GOB's are all just 6MM Depron with 400-450's
You want to be able to cruise around slow and hover in a breeze for the full effect.... It's Big fun.
Feb 14, 2011, 08:44 PM
Wow, you guys are doing some neat stuff.

This was one I built..
UFO GeoBat Lights (2 min 55 sec)

It got too flimsy after a few dozen flights. I got to build another one..I think I will double the bluecore for strength this time. and make it bigger than 24" across.
Feb 14, 2011, 08:50 PM
Its sound like its going Wide open throttle the whole time almost. The fuselages look a lot like the flipper bat.

Build one of these 36 inchers somewhere close to what were showing ya and it will amaze you

Thanks for sharing!
Feb 14, 2011, 09:15 PM
could you provide some more detail on the lighting shown on post #60? what would be needed to get the pulsing lights effect and changing colors?
Feb 14, 2011, 09:47 PM
Taking care of business
Holy cow...This thread is getting of to a good start here!! Fall, Tony, VRP....Those are killer looking GeoBats!! Great work...

Jonq...
The lights are controlled with 3 seprate brushed esc's powered by a 480mah 3s lipo...The 3 esc's each have a channel on the rx...I use the levers on the two sides of the 9303 to control the blue and red rings...The UV black light rings are on the 3 position flap switch...300 Leds in total.
Last edited by Ho-Jazz; Feb 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM.
Feb 14, 2011, 10:07 PM
Videopilot
Where do you source the actual lights? Or is it a home made harness?
Feb 14, 2011, 10:13 PM
Taking care of business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_S
Where do you source the actual lights? Or is it a home made harness?
The LEDs come from Hobby King if thats what you mean by soruce...I cut them into strips of 3...Then the Coors light and tons of wire come out...
Feb 15, 2011, 02:54 AM
Glen (Fall666)
Thanks for posting up your vids and stuff..... I knew you would come around. I had included a picture of yours at the front of the the thread.
<insert thumbs up emotican>
Feb 15, 2011, 07:03 AM
Not a Foamie....
But here is 6 months of my life I will never get back...
My 36" Balsa GeoBat. Testing the Retracts.

Tractor bat (0 min 16 sec)
Feb 15, 2011, 07:45 AM
Guys, thanks for the drawing, which is divided into pages. So a little easier. Very unusual and beautiful model. Like its stable flight.