Thread Tools
Jul 28, 2011, 09:09 AM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
pecanpatch's Avatar
Ho-jazz has a normal FPV camera (security type)
But this footage was shot from his brand new GoPro Hero HD on 1080 PI

Yes- 2 cameras.
Latest blog entry: 6th Annual South Eastern FPV...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2011, 06:13 PM
Taking care of business
Ho-Jazz's Avatar
Thats correct. That video footage was from the Hero cam. The primary vision is through a 12v cam that gives much less resolution. I wish it looked like that through the goggles!!
Jul 28, 2011, 06:21 PM
Taking care of business
Ho-Jazz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyT2 View Post
Great video. I did not know that place was back there. I may stop by there today and fly my Geobat. Thats right on my way home.
Yup...We fly there a good bit as it is the only place around here with open space. Let me know when you go by there. We usually go up there on the weekend and have a few guys show up. Or BETTER yet. Make it down to the Patch sometime...
Jul 28, 2011, 09:07 PM
Registered User
LannyT2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-Jazz View Post
Yup...We fly there a good bit as it is the only place around here with open space. Let me know when you go by there. We usually go up there on the weekend and have a few guys show up. Or BETTER yet. Make it down to the Patch sometime...
Took my GeoBat there today. It is a great place to get a quick flight in.
Jul 29, 2011, 01:26 PM
MonkeySpanker's Avatar
great video HJ , what does a fpv setup cost ? would love to try it
Jul 29, 2011, 01:58 PM
Taking care of business
Ho-Jazz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySpanker View Post
great video HJ , what does a fpv setup cost ? would love to try it
I have over a grand tied up in fpv stuff now...and its still not done
Jul 29, 2011, 11:17 PM
Registered User
cdebaca's Avatar
Hope I'm not highjacking thread, thought I would show my slow progress.
Jul 30, 2011, 03:15 AM
MonkeySpanker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-Jazz View Post
I have over a grand tied up in fpv stuff now...and its still not done
Ooohh ok thats a bit steep for me :P

i have seen some kits at HK and Rctimer for around 50$ but i gues those wont due

looks awesaome cdebaca !!
Jul 30, 2011, 05:11 AM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
pecanpatch's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdebaca View Post
Hope I'm not highjacking thread, thought I would show my slow progress.
Very cool what you have done with the canopy and cowl....!
Latest blog entry: 6th Annual South Eastern FPV...
Jul 30, 2011, 08:58 AM
Taking care of business
Ho-Jazz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySpanker View Post
Ooohh ok thats a bit steep for me :P

i have seen some kits at HK and Rctimer for around 50$ but i gues those wont due

looks awesaome cdebaca !!
You can get a setup for a couple hundred that will get you flying. The (my)problem is once you get going, you need this...and that...and to go further.

Nice work baca!!
Jul 30, 2011, 12:53 PM
Registered User
cdebaca's Avatar
Thanks guys.
Yea the whole FPV thing can get spendy, I buy one part at a time every two weeks. I'm building this GB for FPV eventually but for now I'm going to set it up for night flying.
I'm going to hit it hard this weekend, hopefully I can get some stick time in next week.
Jul 31, 2011, 04:20 PM
MonkeySpanker's Avatar
Finally a nice day for flying and what a flight ! all went really good , couldn't be happier ,what a nice plane (when the cg is about right) with the 4s it really moves, no problem going vertical , and i decreased the throwes on the elevon that really did make it allot smother
tanks for all support and help

thx Mattias
Last edited by MonkeySpanker; Jul 31, 2011 at 04:35 PM.
Jul 31, 2011, 08:26 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
pecanpatch's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySpanker View Post
Finally a nice day for flying and what a flight ! all went really good , couldn't be happier ,what a nice plane (when the cg is about right) with the 4s it really moves, no problem going vertical , and i decreased the throwes on the elevon that really did make it allot smother
tanks for all support and help

thx Mattias
I'm so glad to hear this! Congratulations!
Latest blog entry: 6th Annual South Eastern FPV...
Jul 31, 2011, 09:44 PM
Taking care of business
Ho-Jazz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySpanker View Post
Finally a nice day for flying and what a flight ! all went really good , couldn't be happier ,what a nice plane (when the cg is about right) with the 4s it really moves, no problem going vertical , and i decreased the throwes on the elevon that really did make it allot smother
tanks for all support and help

thx Mattias
Sweet man!! Good job...Gotta get us some vid of that 4s setup in action now
Aug 01, 2011, 04:38 PM
Taking care of business
Ho-Jazz's Avatar
Here goes another Geo-Bat video...I have entered it into the dragonlink contest for this week...so watch it a few times and send it to your buddies. Help a brother out, the highest number of views in one week wins.
Roaming around with Dragonlink (6 min 31 sec)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log B-17 Flying Foamie The Legacy Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 43 Feb 14, 2014 08:30 AM
Discussion Which two DW Foamie Models are the Best, and is their a night-flying kit interest? gabrielisrael 3D Foamies 7 Jan 15, 2011 10:49 AM
Video 5.25" geobat flying figure-8's in a 13'x15' living room iter Electric Plane Talk 0 Aug 18, 2006 11:10 PM
RC Vectron Flying Saucer Daniel11 Coaxial Helicopters 19 Jan 02, 2005 05:50 PM