Geobat- Foamie RC Flying Saucer- With Plans - Page 122 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 28, 2017, 10:29 AM
Registered User
mustangwally's Avatar
Hi Timbo383, yep it went very well. The Bat came out at 30 ozs including Barbie and a 2400mA battery. The motor takes 19/20 amps at full chat (215 watts), with the 8x4 prop and the yard of LEDS take only 1/3 of an amp. I will go ahead now and fit splash guards to the servos in case of hydravion activity. Don't ask how she stays on the seat!!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2017, 01:24 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Timbo383's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangwally
Don't ask how she stays on the seat!!
I just assumed that she clenched her butt cheeks real tight.
Of course the bigger question I should ask is what is a grown man doing playing with barbies?
Last edited by Timbo383; Apr 28, 2017 at 01:31 PM.
Apr 29, 2017, 03:50 AM
Registered User
mustangwally's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo383
Of course the bigger question I should ask is what is a grown man doing playing with barbies?
Yeah, didn't think of that, maybe I should have used a Marion Morrison ** doll with a cowboy hat.


** John Wayne for our younger viewers.
Apr 29, 2017, 07:47 AM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Timbo383's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangwally
Yeah, didn't think of that, maybe I should have used a Marion Morrison ** doll with a cowboy hat.


** John Wayne for our younger viewers.
Or Gi Joe...that's still manly enough.
Have to admit those pics look cool with her hair flying back like that. Those could be a good screen saver for the computer.
Apr 29, 2017, 01:07 PM
Registered User
mustangwally's Avatar
Now THAT might really attract attention!
Apr 30, 2017, 01:17 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
pecanpatch's Avatar
I love your Barbie bat... how does it do on the water?
Latest blog entry: My Slow-Boat build log.
Apr 30, 2017, 03:27 PM
Registered User
mustangwally's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch
I love your Barbie bat... how does it do on the water?
Hi again, sorry but I dunno yet, I finished it just too late for the last Ullswater meet and next weekend at Kilbirnie is looking blown out at the moment. However, as soon as I've a chance I'll post it here.
It handles well in the air, likes a bit of rudder with the ailerons, elevator is quite powerful, very pleased with it, fingers crossed for fair weather ahead.

P.S. I received a big clap from my 2year old grand-daughter after this mornings' flight round the garden, fame at last.
Last edited by mustangwally; Apr 30, 2017 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Garden flight this morning.
May 01, 2017, 09:26 AM
Gravity is my enemy
Balloon Bandit's Avatar
Seeing that REALLY makes me want to scale it up to a life-size ride on. I know, I know...
May 01, 2017, 10:53 AM
Just another 62 year old kid!
graywoulf's Avatar
Put a seatbelt on her and no one will ask anymore questions about how she stays on.
May 01, 2017, 11:04 AM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Timbo383's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloon Bandit
Seeing that REALLY makes me want to scale it up to a life-size ride on. I know, I know...
Uhhh, Barbie or the geobat....?
May 10, 2017, 06:41 AM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
pecanpatch's Avatar
I found this on my phone and got it uploaded........
SpiderBat! (1 min 16 sec)
Latest blog entry: My Slow-Boat build log.
May 10, 2017, 12:09 PM
Registered User
mustangwally's Avatar

Barbie-bat.


No luck I'm afraid, I need to lift the motor an inch or so to clear the spray, (I'm using an 8x4 prop), and also my floats allowed the elevator to touch the water, the suction then stopped the acceleration. Looking again at the Spider-bat I will need to increase my float depth by an inch or so.
Better luck next time .

See here http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...t+fail+oh+dear


Will post again after mods.
May 10, 2017, 01:18 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
pecanpatch's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangwally
No luck I'm afraid, I need to lift the motor an inch or so to clear the spray, (I'm using an 8x4 prop), and also my floats allowed the elevator to touch the water, the suction then stopped the acceleration. Looking again at the Spider-bat I will need to increase my float depth by an inch or so.
Better luck next time .

See here http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...t+fail+oh+dear


Will post again after mods.
I will give you some dimensions on float height and such......

The step in the floats has to be on the CG...... step height is 12 MM's
Latest blog entry: My Slow-Boat build log.
May 17, 2017, 02:28 PM
Registered User

Micro bat :)


Fun little one comes in at 2.0 grams and a homemade micro act
May 18, 2017, 09:31 PM
Permanently Banned
Isaac96's Avatar
That's awesome. Could we have some more specs? Maybe a video?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log B-17 Flying Foamie The Legacy Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 43 Feb 14, 2014 08:30 AM
Discussion Which two DW Foamie Models are the Best, and is their a night-flying kit interest? gabrielisrael 3D Foamies 7 Jan 15, 2011 10:49 AM
Video 5.25" geobat flying figure-8's in a 13'x15' living room iter Electric Plane Talk 0 Aug 18, 2006 11:10 PM
RC Vectron Flying Saucer Daniel11 Coaxial Helicopters 19 Jan 02, 2005 05:50 PM