New Products Flash Sale
Aug 20, 2012, 08:13 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
NitroCharged's Avatar
Yes Luis, always maiden on a calm day and never rush to get it in the air. I had to wait months before the day was nice enough for me to maiden mine.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2012, 12:53 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Luis_Claudio's Avatar
Hi Kevin and Dave,

Ill do that. I went to the field with the Bae Hawk and my Assassin wing. I took two batteries to test on the Bae Hawk: 3s G3 TP and 2S G3 TP. Lets see if this weekend the weather helps me I think my neighborhood will get crazy
with the sound of it, when Im at home testing the trhust

Dave, have you already tested your new EDF case, with the hole under the fuselage? How was it?

Where is the other Bae Hawk that it is in construction? Any news?
Aug 22, 2012, 06:23 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
NitroCharged's Avatar
No, I haven't tested it yet as I have not needed to mess with the fan unit since installing it.

Absolutely stalled on the new build. I get sidetracked very easily and get too excited about new things all the time. This time however, it has been due to doing home renovations for the last month now. I am building an extension to the house for more space for the children to play.
Aug 22, 2012, 11:14 PM
Registered User
I had to take a break away from my T-45 for a short while...After painting the plane white I had a couple of areas of the paint to craze/crack...That's the trouble when not using similar paint from the same manufacturers...I'm thinking that the paint reacted to one of the coats of primer that I used when experimenting...All I need to do is to seal the affected small areas and move forward...

When you get frustrated it's best to put the project aside for a short while to get the clear thoughts back in place...Otherwise---You could rush the project, messing it up even further...Since I have MANY irons in the fire it's EASY to find something else to do to take my mind off of whatever problem(s) a particular plane may have...

Kevin
Aug 22, 2012, 11:34 PM
Addicted to building...
Freddie B's Avatar
Was wondering, didn't want to ask, so thanks for answering my thoughts. It's too bad when a project get frustrating when it is supposed to be fun. I also hate when you feel like you should be done, yet there is more to do. Another good time to let it rest until renewed energy come back. I think we all understand the issue. Take your time, we are not going away, just like a distant cousin that doesn't pay rent, the foods too good to ever go home!

Fred
Aug 24, 2012, 10:56 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B View Post
Was wondering, didn't want to ask, so thanks for answering my thoughts. It's too bad when a project get frustrating when it is supposed to be fun. I also hate when you feel like you should be done, yet there is more to do. Another good time to let it rest until renewed energy come back. I think we all understand the issue. Take your time, we are not going away, just like a distant cousin that doesn't pay rent, the foods too good to ever go home!

Fred
Another thing that squashes my building is this heat/humidity!!!...We have had unbelievable ratios between hot and cold this past week---It was record heat on one day (100* +) and then tied for a record low the next (57* in August is COLD around here!!!)....This doesn't help when trying to plan painting...

As I've stated---I have a ton of irons in the fire--Can you say---Mockup!!!......

Kevin
Aug 25, 2012, 12:41 AM
Addicted to building...
Freddie B's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Another thing that squashes my building is this heat/humidity!!!...We have had unbelievable ratios between hot and cold this past week---It was record heat on one day (100* +) and then tied for a record low the next (57* in August is COLD around here!!!)....This doesn't help when trying to plan painting...

As I've stated---I have a ton of irons in the fire--Can you say---Mockup!!!......

Kevin
Ahhhhh, that planform type always seems to fly really good. I did a mini/micro pusher once, but this looks like it could be the beginning of a 30 something, EDF. That woulde cool indeed my kind Sir!

Fred
Aug 25, 2012, 03:06 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B View Post
Ahhhhh, that planform type always seems to fly really good. I did a mini/micro pusher once, but this looks like it could be the beginning of a 30 something, EDF. That woulde cool indeed my kind Sir!

Fred
I don't want to hijack/clutter up the thread so this will be the last post on this mockup...I'm going to cut out and build two---One being a pusher and the other being DF...Pretty sure I'm going with a 35mm fan...

Now, back to the Nitro Hawk!!!---Luis---Have you had a chance to re-maiden yours???

Kevin
Aug 25, 2012, 03:32 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Luis_Claudio's Avatar
Tomorrow morning!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I don't want to hijack/clutter up the thread so this will be the last post on this mockup...I'm going to cut out and build two---One being a pusher and the other being DF...Pretty sure I'm going with a 35mm fan...

Now, back to the Nitro Hawk!!!---Luis---Have you had a chance to re-maiden yours???

Kevin
Aug 25, 2012, 04:32 PM
Addicted to building...
Freddie B's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio View Post
Tomorrow morning!
Good luck Luis!
Aug 25, 2012, 07:15 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
NitroCharged's Avatar
Giddyup! Show it who's boss Luis!
Aug 25, 2012, 07:18 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Luis_Claudio's Avatar
Thank you guys, Ill do my best, I promess!
Aug 28, 2012, 11:41 AM
Registered User
E a Brasileiro? Did you maiden it?
Aug 28, 2012, 08:33 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Luis_Claudio's Avatar
Yes I did, It flew about 10 meters and the result: one wing off

I think the ammo and prop are unbalanced, once I used the TP 3S, and it had to have enough power to fly. I throw it to the sky about four times and could not keep it in the air. I glued everything in place again and its almost ready. Ill try to balance it, I think its my last chance...
Aug 29, 2012, 12:32 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
NitroCharged's Avatar
Any video so I can see what is happening Luis?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Team30 Micro EDF T-45 BAE Hawk NitroCharged Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 481 Feb 08, 2011 04:04 AM
Sold UltraFly T-45 BAE Hawk...price reduced mgroves Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 Sep 23, 2010 01:53 PM
Sold UltraFly T-45 BAE Hawk...Price reduced mgroves Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 23, 2010 12:36 PM
Sold Ultrafly T-45 BAE Hawk Pusher mgroves Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 15, 2010 04:06 PM
For Sale BAE Hawk/T-45 Goshawk EDF kit 747drvr Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 13, 2005 11:36 PM