Jul 27, 2012, 06:35 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Today arrived my new RX: the AR6100e. I put it in my wing. I read that it is for parkflyers and has a limited reach. It´s moreless 700m Can I fly my planes with no worries?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2012, 07:47 PM
Addicted to building...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio
Today arrived my new RX: the AR6100e. I put it in my wing. I read that it is for parkflyers and has a limited reach. It´s moreless 700m Can I fly my planes with no worries?
The airplane would get too small to see before you would lose radio link to it. That is Seven American Football fields away from your center position! You will be fine!

Fred
Jul 27, 2012, 08:00 PM
Bingo
Jul 27, 2012, 08:21 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Thread OP
Yes, that's fine Luis. Remember I have a 6400 in mine.
Jul 27, 2012, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B
At this point I think we will not see any pictures of Kevin's build UNTIL it is done and ready to show off! I wouldn't because I will bet it is going to be a jaw dropper!

Fred
THANKS Fred.......No pressure there, huh??!?!?!??......

Kevin
Jul 27, 2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged
That and he better be schmoozing his wife for their anniversary if he wants to be allowed to finish it...
YEP!!!---Just got back from the Japanese restaurant...Waiting for the kids to go to bed.......Not much is gonna get done tonight...On the plane that is!!!......

Kevin
Jul 27, 2012, 09:58 PM
Still waiting on the kids...

Here is a pic of the decals I printed on decal paper...One set printed on clear and the other printed on white...You need to print one of each...The printer settings used were: Photo, color, 4800dpi...Worked GREAT as you can read even the tiniest of decals...I then sealed the decals using Krylon flat clear...Flat clear will not bubble up like gloss will and dries extremely fast...I let the decals "season" over night...

Kevin
Jul 27, 2012, 11:52 PM
Addicted to building...
My decal paper looks similar, except it is plain with none of those picyutres all over it! LOL, JK.

The decals look really nice. Now if we photoshop your last photos with the decals, we can see the finished project? Think I'll just wait, and see the real deal!
Hope all the Lovey Dovey stuff is over so you can unveil the goods!

You know I teasing, and happy Anniversary again, you two deserve the best!

Fred
Jul 28, 2012, 12:06 AM
I guess I'll keep her around for few more years......She puts up with me making modeling messes all over the house...BTW---I the shoes that she's wearing she stands 6' 2"---...And I'm 5' 10"...I'm a lucky man!!!

You know how it is when you are in the process of priming/sanding/ filling---Repeat until you are sick of it---The plane looks like crap...I might post a pic when I get some white on it...The problem now is the stinkin humidity!!!...The primer won't dry properly so I have to wait longer...I've even put the plane in the oven on the Keep Warm setting (about 110*) to draw some of the humidity out of the primer so that it will sand without balling up...I'm hurrying the best that I can but the maiden still looks to be 3 days out...Also, I do plan on doing a little weathering like I did on my A-10...The A-10 has a LOT of weathering---The T-45 will get considerably less...

Kevin
Last edited by Kevin Greene; Jul 28, 2012 at 12:27 AM.
Jul 28, 2012, 12:20 AM
Addicted to building...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene
I guess I'll keep her around for few more years......She puts up with me making modeling messes all over the house...BTW---I the shoes that she's wearing she stands 6' 2"---...And I'm 5' 10"...I'm a lucky man!!!

Kevin
Yes you are a very lucky man. Also a very nice one too!. Very lovely family. Treasure them. I have 5 kids myself.

Now back to the non-serious me...... But who is that good looking guy with your wife? Hahahaha......

Glad you had a good day. Here is mine, she is much shorter, but she does know how to hold my airplanes, so I will keep her too! She also knows what a propeller is, and what side of the airplane it goes on. The side it is on, duh!

Fred
Jul 28, 2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B
Yes you are a very lucky man. Also a very nice one too!. Very lovely family. Treasure them. I have 5 kids myself.

Now back to the non-serious me...... But who is that good looking guy with your wife? Hahahaha......

Glad you had a good day. Here is mine, she is much shorter, but she does know how to hold my airplanes, so I will keep her too! She also knows what a propeller is, and what side of the airplane it goes on. The side it is on, duh!

Fred
At least your wife will hold planes without acting like it's the last thing on earth to do!!!.....

Well, guys---I ran into a MAJOR setback last night while reading another thread...It seems that the GWS rotor cut down to 3 blades didn't perform up to expectations on 3S power...I thought that the GP fan/GWS rotor combo had already been tested and was a +++...Not holding anyone else to fault as with testing and experimenting these things happen..I hold my self responsible for not asking the correct questions and then waiting on the results of the testing..(As any good engineer should have done)...

To get the rotor out and re-install the GP rotor this will take major surgery...The only way I can get to the rotor with minimal collateral damage is to go/cut through the bottom of the plane...The thing is that where I installed my fan is right at the "Y" where the inner intakes intersect each other---And this is right where the wings are glued to the bottom after portion of the fuselage...There's a lot going on there at the fan mounting point...

When things like this happen (If you've been modeling for ANY decent period of time things like this will happen numerous times) I've found that it's best for me to shelve the project for a few days to ponder over an exact game plan to tackle the problem...And when ready to work, get the project done in one fell swoop...

Gotta go...

Kevin
Jul 28, 2012, 11:42 AM
Thank you Dave, now I´m confident! I´m also buying this one on ebay, to put in my bigger planes like my two T27 Tucanos. They are full range with satelite, is that ok?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged
Yes, that's fine Luis. Remember I have a 6400 in mine.
Jul 28, 2012, 11:50 AM
Addicted to building...
Keven,

Thoughts.

The GWS as a 3 blade, 3 cell operation was reported 'not as good as stock GP setup'. This didn't say failure. Besides the T-45 you are building was intended for 24mm EDF. That is 30mm is 125% of 24mm.

Your weight is great, yet you have 25% more air that can pass through your EDF. The true comparrison would be what is the differance between a 24mm EDF on 2 cell, verses 30mm on 3 cell. I would bet you are ahead of the curve. 6mm on an EDF at these sizes is huge. Multiply by π and see the volume differance.

So I would say this thing is so small it will look and feel like a rocket, and I would go for it. Do it before paint if you have to. At least do some static testing. PM the tester. You already tested it in your hand before install.

I feel the pain, but it may not be bleeding.

Fred
Jul 28, 2012, 12:19 PM
Kevin,

Sometimes ya just have to have faith. On 3S you're going to pump some air. Put'er in the air!!! Then pass judgement.

Ksqm
Jul 28, 2012, 12:27 PM
Kevin you are a lucky man, lovely family you have!

Here some pictures from my family!

Quick Reply