Feb 06, 2011, 09:50 PM
slow climbing turn to the left
Thread OP
Discussion

Stevens Aero Quick Oats 100

Took a break from stick and tissue to R/C conversions to put this great kit together. A little rusty on the covering. I haven't applied iron on covering in almost thirty years.
Parkzone AR6400 Receiver/brick, Parkzone UM P-51 motor, Nelson Litefilm covering. About twelve hours to get to flight ready. Flight report as soon as weather permits. Lost my indoor site to snowload concerns.
Cheers,
'Drover.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2011, 09:59 PM
Nice!
Feb 07, 2011, 06:36 PM
Truss-Loc Monkey
Looks great - hope you get a break in the weather for a flight.

-Bill
Feb 08, 2011, 12:39 PM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
Love the fake engine!
Feb 08, 2011, 03:58 PM
Keep us posted on the flight report. I love the look of this little bird and really enjoy building Stevens kits.
Feb 09, 2011, 04:16 AM
Reminds me of a rubber-powered kit I built when I was seven. Tissue and dope was the go then, no idea on the more modern films out there... still like the tissue and dope method to be honest.

Agreed on the faux engine, it looks brilliant! Had me confused in the thumbnail haha.

Cheers, and top job - boingk
Feb 09, 2011, 12:12 PM
Crazy Canuck
I would love to get this plane is it availiable now? I have the Sky Buggy but this quick Oats 100 looks nice. Is it the same size as the little Sky Buggy?
Feb 09, 2011, 01:11 PM
Truss-Loc Monkey
It's similar in size to the SkyBuggy 100 with slightly more span. We added some nice additions based on user feedback from the first production runs of the SkyBuggy 100.

Included with the QuickOats 100 is a pre-cut acetate wind screen and a laser cut kit to produce the faux motor.

This kit is in-stock and shipping from Stevens AeroModel. Several international dealers have picked up stock of it as well so if you live across the pond or down-under give your local dealer a shout.

-Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER
I would love to get this plane is it availiable now? I have the Sky Buggy but this quick Oats 100 looks nice. Is it the same size as the little Sky Buggy?
Feb 09, 2011, 01:16 PM
Here it is!

http://www.stevensaero.com/StevensAe...t-p-20514.html

The SkyBuggy comes in two sizes. The 100 and the 300. The QuickOats is about the same size as the 100.

I'm going to get one within the next few weeks. And my brother is getting the SkyBuggy 100. Should be great cruising around with them both this summer!
Feb 09, 2011, 01:17 PM
Sorry about that Bill. I was typing while you were posting. Great looking planes as usual!
Feb 09, 2011, 01:19 PM
Truss-Loc Monkey
Beat ya to it Thanks for the comments.
Feb 09, 2011, 01:25 PM
Thread OP

Thanks

Thanks Skooter, hpiguy, stevens, n001pa,newbeflyer and Ta, boingk.
I love the faux engine as well, it was included in the kit and is the finishing touch on an already charming plane. The build went very quickly (for my usual glacial pace, anyway) owing to the precise laser cut slot and tab engineering.
I hear their new Micro Farman calling me...

Boingk-I wanted to cover with dope and tissue (pre-shrunk, of course), but that's an outdoor activity in our household and we're in a deep freeze right now.

NewBeflyer- the span on the QO100 is 21 3/4", the span on the micro Sky Buggy is 19 1/2". Both appear on the Stevens website to be in stock.
Feb 09, 2011, 01:27 PM
Thread OP
Looks like Mr Stevens beat me to it.
I type as slowly as I build.
Thanks, Mr Stevens, for a great kit!
Feb 09, 2011, 01:31 PM
Thread OP

Club Plane?

The Quick Oats 100 would be a great one-design Club Plane!
Feb 10, 2011, 02:16 PM
Who put that TREE there!!
Great looking plane Drover!

Quick Reply