Funbat, Simple KFm2 Combat plane - Page 112 - RC Groups
Nov 29, 2016, 07:03 AM
Foam is my friend!!!
Originally Posted by headlessagain
See this post from March this year
I've always extended the nose on mine (at least 6 built) to help achieve the correct c of g. It also lets me access the pack from a simple top hatch and mine will accomadate 800-2200 packs although the larger packs do dent vertical performance. I also use a KFm-4 (6mm with 3mm top and bottom panels) wing and, on later builds, mount my elevator servo inside with the pushrod exiting out of the rear of the fuselage.
+1 on extending the nose!! I've built three now with longer snouts, they all flew great!! in fact I add at least 1" to every electric conversion (balsa glow/gas models) I've done, really seems to help balance and flying characteristics!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2017, 01:11 PM
Foam is my friend!!!

Funky "Funbat"

Saw this on another thread, and thought I'd share!!! A cool looking plane with some definite "Funky Funbat" possibilities!!!
Mar 12, 2017, 01:27 PM
Reap the wild wind
Move the pusher motor back and you could still run a puller on there :-) That elevator looks to a bit on the large side.
Thinking of using CCW and CW motors from my expired quad to make a puller twin. Would work with the standard size version
Apr 06, 2017, 11:00 PM
Must not buy more planes!
For the first time in FOREVER it was semi-flyable today. (Temps in the 60's, winds in the 10MPH range.)

I decided my FunBat needed some excercise so I grabbed it off the wall. I noticed that the o-ring on the prop saver had failed, so I popped on a new one, charged a couple of batteries, and headed to a nearby schoolyard.

When I threw the plane up it was producing a LOT of prop noise above 50% throttle and seemed way down on power. What the heck? I landed and looked it over. Nothing was rubbing. Nothing was broken. The prop was seated firmly ... backwards. Yep - it seems that some idiot had put the prop on backwards.

I flipped it around and things went much better (and more quietly) after that.
Apr 07, 2017, 04:55 AM
Reap the wild wind
The FB remains one of my favourite models. Unlimited vertical on a 1800kv motor and can take anything from an 800 to a 2200 3s pack without too much of an effect.
The first day I fpv'd I slapped my AIO set up on her and hand launched with the headset down. She's that stable and predictable. I now use my full size set up on her
Next one will be a twin using some spare quad motors and esc's from a 250 quad that I crashed
Jun 03, 2017, 03:19 AM
Reap the wild wind
Took my FB out for a LOS flight prior to slapping on the fpv gear and glad I did. For some reason the elevator was way out of trim resulting in an unplanned touch and go before I got her trimmed out
Funbat enjoying an early Summer's evening flight (2 min 1 sec)

Quick Reply